A Nice Air Conditioned Place To Relax And Drink

luckyluke

I like to relax and have a few drinks, in the afternoon, in a nice air conditioned place, so far I only found "the library" at Jameson's which suit my desiderata, no execive loud music and/or sport reports on TV, attentive staff and relatively decent prices.

Are there other ones in Pattaya/Jomtien/Naklua?

One of my favorites, (when I happen to be in the area) which seems to suit your requirements is O' Gara's Bar on Prantamnak Road. It's located between Soi 5 & 6, on the ground floor of Tara Court.

Other possibles are both the Pig & Whistle's (Soi 7 Beach Road, Pattaya, and I think it's still Thrappaya Road (just before the start of Jomtien 2nd Road) Jomtien), and the Tavern by the Sea, (the air con here is normally set just above freezing, well it was the last few times I bisited) which is part of Amari Orchid located on Beach Road, Pattaya. There is also Gulliver's a short walk from the Tavern by the Sea, again on Beach Road.

Regarding smoking, O' Gara's and the Pig & Whistle (Soi 7) have small smoking areas outside with tables and seating, the Pig & Whistle's also has TV out there, but to be honest there isn't much to look at outside either of them. Smoker's at the Pig & Whistle (Jomtien) have to stand outside on the pavement.

The Tavern by the Sea on the other hand has a very nice smoking area outside, right on Beach Road where you can sit and watch the world go by. I don't recall the set-up at Gulliver's.

I have to add a vote for the Tavern by the Sea mentioned by a previous poster. Really nice and clean with free wifi... The food is pretty good and most of the time very few customers. Very relaxing and lots of parking just to the left as you enter the drive.