Trees

Kan Win

My first photo in this topic. A large Teak tree just outside my office. Taken with my LG G2 phone camera in Chiang Mai.

12786554603_f831921635_z.jpg

Interesting pic Tywais....do you know what is the parasitic plant clinging to the

teak tree is?

My first photo in this topic. A large Teak tree just outside my office. Taken with my LG G2 phone camera in Chiang Mai.

Interesting pic Tywais....do you know what is the parasitic plant clinging to the

teak tree is?

I suspect that these climbing vines that are on many trees could be more correctly called epiphites rather than parasites as they don't actually feed of the tree but just use it as a convenient trellis.

teak tree is?

I suspect that these climbing vines that are on many trees could be more correctly called epiphites rather than parasites as they don't actually feed of the tree but just use it as a convenient trellis.

It looks like Philodendron to me, but a closer image the leaves would help! tongue.pngbiggrin.png

Ran into this fern tree quite high up in elevation and deep in the forest. Hard to tell from the photo, but it is about eight feet across.

13179084483_e3eee82df4_z.jpg

It is indeed a beautiful plant but i think you will find it is a fan palm , most likely a Livingstonia spp.which are native to SE Asia and Australia.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...