Trees

Kan Win

One for Xen.... probably! .... but if anyone knows, please jump in!..... (seen in Nathon Samui)

Never seen this flower b4, quite nice .... my neighbour kid says it has a fruit about size of a grapefruit (using his hands) .... any ideas ?

IMG_5297.JPG

IMG_5298.JPG

One for Xen.... probably! .... but if anyone knows, please jump in!..... (seen in Nathon Samui)

Never seen this flower b4, quite nice .... my neighbour kid says it has a fruit about size of a grapefruit (using his hands) .... any ideas ?

IMG_5297.JPG

IMG_5298.JPG

I have seen it but didn't know the name so i asked a collegue and he said it was probably Tabebuia imperiginosa or trumpet tree from the Bignoniaceae family . It is native to central america and are often deciduous when flowering like jacaranda . He also said the Thai name is Sumpoo ban tip but that spelling could be wrong.

I have learnt a new and useful landscape tree today.

• Like 2

Thanks guys ^ will try to keep that name ... within the ever fading grey matter! thumbsup.gif

It's interesting in the area where I took that in Nathon Samui, there are many plants, one does not see else where on Samui....local nurseries never seem to carry them ....blink.png ... I guess residents have brought them in from the mainland.... in days gone by! thumbsup.gif

Another tree DAL and I saw yesterday on our walk about.... well hung fruit .... whistling.gif

IMG_5427.JPG

• Like 2