Trees

Kan Win

• 2 weeks later...

^^^ Jimmy...I reckon you're correct on the Ponytail Palm. Mind you I have seen old pandan

plants look the same. Had one at the house on Bali & used it often to cut off a couple leaves

and make pandan rice with cashew's...yummy.

• Like 1

Don't know what kind of tree this is, but the flowers were beautiful.

Seen only one on the way to WangNamKeaw, yesterday.

attachicon.gifDSC_0045.JPG

I have seen them but i couldn't identify it either so i asked at the office and comrade of mine who is brilliant on Tropical trees and he thought it was Cassia javanica .Don't ask me a comon name but in wiki they say it is in Thai: ชัยพฤกษ์ .

It is difficult to tell though and my eyes are getting worse too but the leaves are they compound or simple ? They look compound to me but the cassia has simple leaves so that id may be incorrect on that basis alone.

Also i concur that the palm certainly looks like a pony tail palm to me. Great specimen too in the photo .

• Like 2

Don't know what kind of tree this is, but the flowers were beautiful.

Seen only one on the way to WangNamKeaw, yesterday.

attachicon.gifDSC_0045.JPG

I have seen them but i couldn't identify it either so i asked at the office and comrade of mine who is brilliant on Tropical trees and he thought it was Cassia javanica .Don't ask me a comon name but in wiki they say it is in Thai: ชัยพฤกษ์ .

It is difficult to tell though and my eyes are getting worse too but the leaves are they compound or simple ? They look compound to me but the cassia has simple leaves so that id may be incorrect on that basis alone.

Also i concur that the palm certainly looks like a pony tail palm to me. Great specimen too in the photo .

Xen, thanks for the explanation.

I believe the leaves were compound but I didn't spend much time observing it.

I was just driving, saw this tree and stopped to take some photos as I thought it was beautiful.