Trees

Kan Win

• 2 weeks later...

Penang Botanical Gardens again

It looks like a Phoenix robellini to me but ,if so, it would be one of the oldest i have ever seen .

post-57055-0-11714000-1376631742_thumb.j

Another one in the same place. Looks like the base has been whipper sniped /line trimmer too much tho.

post-57055-0-82531100-1376631974_thumb.j

Edited by xen

attachicon.gifP8161222.JPG

attachicon.gifP8161223.JPG

attachicon.gifP8161224.JPG

attachicon.gifP8161225.JPG

these photos were taken in Beach road in Pattaya a few years ago . Terrible ,terrible workmanship in " loping " these poor trees.

i thought that too first few times i saw it. I thought they had effectively killed them

those trees come back in weeks. the way they llop them is entirely practical and the aesthetics take care of themselves

attachicon.gifP8161222.JPG

attachicon.gifP8161223.JPG

attachicon.gifP8161224.JPG

attachicon.gifP8161225.JPG

these photos were taken in Beach road in Pattaya a few years ago . Terrible ,terrible workmanship in " loping " these poor trees.

i thought that too first few times i saw it. I thought they had effectively killed them

those trees come back in weeks. the way they llop them is entirely practical and the aesthetics take care of themselves

i have a fair bit to do with arboricultural industry and i initially took those photos to illustrate exactly what a bad job it was.. . Without going into the technicalities , it is no way to treat a tree and the tree will never recover properly . The foliage may cover damage but there will be decay around the wounds and the new foliage will never be able to develop structural strength in the new growth. But then again i love trees .

Edited by xen
  • Like 1

Not sure how I have missed the Penang Botanical Gardens, in my few travels there... going to have to check that out if I get down there again! thumbsup.gif There were two good botanical gardens I visited in Sabah State in Borneo, My.

As for this comment Xen, "i initially took those photos to illustrate exactly what a bad job it was.." right on, so typical of how they go about pruning here though .... I cringe when I see the chopper coming! bah.gif No undercuts even if the do use a saw, which is rare!w00t.gif

Here's a rather sad looking tree in a pot.... on one of Penangs' streets!

Penang%2520Area%2520%2520Jun%252026%252C

• Like 2

forgive me but sharpened with a bit of a push on vibrance pulls out the texture of the tiles and wall. nice shot btw

attachicon.gifPenang Area Jun 26, 2012 2-55 PM 3072x1728.jpg

Jimmyw00t.gif.

It is quite an improvementthumbsup.gif, Nicely done, GDD.

thanks, personally, i would have not shot the gate and focused on the wall and the door. i find the gate distracting/

thanks, personally, i would have not shot the gate and focused on the wall and the door. i find the gate distracting/

But if the gate was not there, you would be able to focus more. Subsequently controlling the subject's presentation more forcefully..

Is this what you mean?