Trees

Kan Win

forgive me but sharpened with a bit of a push on vibrance pulls out the texture of the tiles and wall. nice shot btw

attachicon.gifPenang Area Jun 26, 2012 2-55 PM 3072x1728.jpg

Yes, that works...thumbsup.gif no problem btw.... I think I tend to try not to over sharpen, sometimes... if I used Lightroom more often than I do then I'd probably get better results than with Picasa!

Sharpening is quite tricky, especially since TV tends to do some extra compression to the pics when uploaded and that can introduce sharpening artefacts.

Re lightroom, it has "punch" and "sharpen" presets that can be applied automatically on import, if you really dont want to monkey about. you just have to be careful about the additional sharpening applied during export.

I like that it is non-destructive, but keeps your settings so you can play with the images ad infinitum if you wish.

Edited by GirlDrinkDrunk

thanks, personally, i would have not shot the gate and focused on the wall and the door. i find the gate distracting/

But if the gate was not there, you would be able to focus more. Subsequently controlling the subject's presentation more forcefully..

Is this what you mean?

yes, and the pattern of the gate is quite busy and detracts from the cool blue wall

forgive me but sharpened with a bit of a push on vibrance pulls out the texture of the tiles and wall. nice shot btw

attachicon.gifPenang Area Jun 26, 2012 2-55 PM 3072x1728.jpg

Jimmyw00t.gif.

It is quite an improvementthumbsup.gif, Nicely done, GDD.

thanks, personally, i would have not shot the gate and focused on the wall and the door. i find the gate distracting/

Well it was a quick stop on my motor bike, with lots of traffic at the time, facepalm.gifso it was click and go.... Some times not always possible to set up the shot the way one really wants! wink.png

Just to add GDD inspired me to start using LR....thumbsup.gif which I've not used in months, it's not that easy to navigate although that is a matter of practice and getting the old grey matter to remember! rolleyes.gif

Going to work on getting a collection together before uploading wink.png

I have a neighbour trying get me to use Photoshop, .... been there tried that over the years, but I don't have the patience biggrin.png facepalm.gif

I have succumbed to the dark side as well. A year ago I swore I'd never use an image manipulation program. Now it is starting to be addictive.

Ah well....coffee1.gif If you can't beat 'm,....

• Like 1

Sharpening is quite tricky, especially since TV tends to do some extra compression to the pics when uploaded and that can introduce sharpening artefacts.

Re lightroom, it has "punch" and "sharpen" presets that can be applied automatically on import, if you really dont want to monkey about. you just have to be careful about the additional sharpening applied during export.

I like that it is non-destructive, but keeps your settings so you can play with the images ad infinitum if you wish.

OK I know these are not trees, but here is a light room edit before and after....

Choeng%2520Mon%2520Beach%2520Feb%252017%

After.... took me a while to find the punch button! tongue.pngbiggrin.png

Choeng%2520Mon%2520Beach%2520Feb%252017%

All I have to do know is figure how to export the images in a larger size! 640 x blah blah is too small... w00t.giffacepalm.gif

OK I know these are not trees, but here is a light room edit before and after....

All I have to do know is figure how to export the images in a larger size! 640 x blah blah is too small... w00t.giffacepalm.gif

Your beach is gone after your LR edit..

Your beach is gone after your LR edit..

No it's still there ! tongue.png

Trees behind Chong Moeng beach Samui (same beach!) smile.pngwith a bit of "punch added"

IMG_6109.jpg

Welcome to Goompa, so do we have another Samui photographer? When up loading it can take a few minutes to "land" wink.png

Edited by samuijimmy

Hello to all and thank you , no I am new on ThaiVisa just trying to find my way around I guess ,shame I can only go to Samui on holidays but I do enjoy photography , just not too good at it that's all,

Thanks once again

Hello to all and thank you , no I am new on ThaiVisa just trying to find my way around I guess ,shame I can only go to Samui on holidays but I do enjoy photography , just not too good at it that's all,

Thanks once again

Hey Goompa!, we all have good shots and bad shots... so don't worry about it too much.... Sometimes it's more than just having a perfect shoot... so keep them coming thumbsup.gif

We've got Dancelot well trained now tongue.pngbiggrin.pngwhistling.gif

Thank you for your warm welcome , I have started to become an avid watcher of some of you guys( collectively ) and wow! some of the photography is just absolutely outstanding , thank you for posting these images , just a shame not more to see.

Can never get enough ....... not at liberty to say the best Photo to date , only because it has not been uploaded !

Thank you

Rob-Goompa

• Like 1

Thanks once again

Join the clubtongue.pngthumbsup.gif

Thank you for your warm welcome , I have started to become an avid watcher of some of you guys( collectively ) and wow! some of the photography is just absolutely outstanding , thank you for posting these images , just a shame not more to see.

Can never get enough ....... not at liberty to say the best Photo to date , only because it has not been uploaded !

Thank you

Rob-Goompa

Heard that, Master Jimmy..wai2.gif ? You've got fans..facepalm.gif

Edited by Dancealot

Thank you

Rob-Goompa

Heard that, Master Jimmy..wai2.gif ? You've got fans..facepalm.gif

I am totally lost for words facepalm.giftongue.png

For want of a better place to put this, and because it came from a tree... but not food ... yet...wink.png

Here is some cocoa, I recently picked and left in the sun.... it's starting to smell more like chocolate thumbsup.gif

SAM_0362.JPG

• Like 1