Cost Of Drilling Water Well

JaiLai

Anybody with up to date prices for drilling a water well in PB area ( baan nam Chang ).

I have got 2 prices so far, 100K and 120K, these both seem to be very high to me, is that the going rate?

I was expecting 30-50K range, is that way off the mark.

Seems outrageous for a day or 2 days work..

Any info appreciated.

I live in Kanchanaburi and have been quoted 50k to drill which I thought was quite high. A Thai friend nearby had one drilled for 12k but that was 5 years ago. Another friend also had one drilled for 12k in Surin but again maybe 4 years ago.

I also live in the Kanchanaburi area and think that 50,000 baht would be about what they charge these days considering that I paid 30,000 baht more than ten year's ago.

I live in Kanchanaburi and have been quoted 50k to drill which I thought was quite high. A Thai friend nearby had one drilled for 12k but that was 5 years ago. Another friend also had one drilled for 12k in Surin but again maybe 4 years ago.

I also live in the Kanchanaburi area and think that 50,000 baht would be about what they charge these days considering that I paid 30,000 baht more than ten year's ago.

Hi. Just had a word with a Thai friend and they said it will depend on lical conditions which is believable I suppose. They live in Tha Muang and a family member had a well drilled for 10k less than two years ago but the soil there is saturated from only 5 metres down and is only used for farming purposes so not very deep.

For the work involved I still think 50k is taking the piss.

It's a very localised situation around our area.

A mate of mine's pond, on the brow of a hill, was drying up. He hired an excavator, on an hourly basis, and hit an aquafer at 10 metres down. He now has plenty of pond water for his fish/garden.

His neighbour, starting ~10ft lower, did the same but no water!

Around 10 years ago, I was quoted ~150k baht for a well, including a stainless downhole pump. As we weren't planning on moving out here at the time and the cost was too high we declined.

Regards

R21

Thanks for all info.

I asked around a few of the 'neighbours' today, a few had ponds that collected rain water or had feeds from overflow, that their supply.

One lady had a well put in 10 years + ago, 80k at the time so I guess 100-120k is the going rate.

She reckons 42 ft but I think more likely meters as this is up the hill a bit. She says the waters find for cooking etc, no worries.

Cheers.

As somebody says,depends on the underground. If stone,it takes time and will cost a lot! If no stones,you can drill it you self! 10 years ago people spent 2 months,day and night,to drill 55 meter thrue stone.Cost:40.000 baht ! exellent water,up to date always giving what ever I ask for,among other things filling my 100 qubik meter pool !!Today it would cost 200000 baht....

• 1 month later...

Another data point for you. I was quoted a year or two ago from 3 drillers in Phetchabun between 150,000 to 165,000 baht for what they projected would be at least 70 meters deep as I am in the mountains. No payment if water is not found. The price difference of drilling only without the full package was just a few thousand baht. If it had been in the price range Wat dee found in Sakaeo I probably would have done it. But instead I opted for rainwater catchment which due to my modest water needs cost 15,000 baht--just 1/10th the price of a well and no pumping it from the depths is needed.

I consume 1.5 cubic meters of water per month. The dry season without reliable rain can last 6 months. So I opted for 8 Thai jars linked together which each hold a months supply and cost 750 baht each. It's more than enough water for my household needs. It would be better to have an underground tank sized to serve an entire household of people with lots extra for landscaping and I may do that at some point. But for now the system I have is plenty for my modest needs.

• 8 months later...

Interesting topic.

I'm currently searching for a water well drilling company in the South near Ranong / Chumphon. Google search in English doesn't really reveal much.

We have a Thai style well 10m that sometimes runs dry in the hot season when watering plants. Got public water supply for 2 years now but it sucks because there is no water almost all of the time. Only sometimes at night for couple of hours.

Catching rain water in an underground cistern would be an option but I want to compare prices first.

Anybody any address? Would be much appreciated.

Cheers

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

Just quoted 7000thb excluding pump and piping etc.

Ban Um Chan, Udon Thani.

Just for everyone's info.

I checked this forum bcoz I've heard everything from 10k to 45k. Wanted to see the going rate.

P.S. the person we bought the land from and lives next door owns the drilling co. Well approx. 24m in depth.

Hope this info helps!

• 8 months later...

Whow.... 1.5 cubic meters per month. My hat is off to you, Canopy. That's only 1500 Liters per month.

My needs (or wants) are quite a bit higher. My current well, is only producing about 14 liters per hour, which is nothing, but I hear that lots of people are having problems with water at the moment. (March 1 2016). I bought storage tanks, so I can store up to about 5000 liters of water, for family use, commercial kitchen and our 450 orchids, plus a few trees. I also have rain water going into the first tank and from there into the other two, when the first one is full. Same with my well water. 14 liters per hour is 336 liters per day, which will slowly replenish what we use.

In dry season, (now), I plan on buying a truckload of water, from a deep water well, for 450 Baht (for 2000 Liters), whenever my tanks get low. I think that two or three loads per dry season should be enough. So maybe I will be looking at 1350 Bath per year for water purchases. Since I am going to be 58 years old and doubt that I will live past 100, it will still be much cheaper than getting a deep well drilled. My neighbor had to go to 120 Meters deep and all together with pumps, permit, etc, etc,, it cost him about 190000 Baht.

His advantage is, that his water is drinkable from the tap and I have to buy bottled water or install filters.

This is in Northern Thailand, Chiang Dao, Chiang Mai Province.

One drawback with rainwater is, that you will get bird feces, dust, etc. in it sometimes, so it would be a good idea to put a sand/carbon filter inbetween your water supply and your house. You can make your own cheaply.

I am not really that fuzzy. I grew up swimming in dirty ponds and swallowing water, that today would make me wretch, without even thinking about it as a kid.

I am interested in a good, reliable deep water drilling company, in Chiang Mai Province, who guarantee their work and water supply for several years and who are reasonably priced. Any info would be welcomed.

Thank you.

I consume 1.5 cubic meters of water per month. The dry season without reliable rain can last 6 months. So I opted for 8 Thai jars linked together which each hold a months supply and cost 750 baht each. It's more than enough water for my household needs. It would be better to have an underground tank sized to serve an entire household of people with lots extra for landscaping and I may do that at some point. But for now the system I have is plenty for my modest needs.

There seems to be a massive variation in pricing. Obviously what you are drilling through will dictate price and also location but from 7000 up to 190,000 !!!

We have been quoted 150-160k in the Suratthani area, projected depth of 60m down to the 3rd water source level ?? Not sure what that means..

We are going to stick with 2 wells ( 11m and 9m) plus rain catchment for now but we will need to drill at our new plot in Khanom. Still investigating there :)

I ended up paying 120K.

Well depth is 108 metres, pump is hung off at 105 metres. First 16 metres is lined with 6" PVC pipe.

I get 50-60 litres per minute via a 1.5 HP submersible pump, i have 1 x 1000ltr and 1 x 2000 ltr storage tanks.

I think that the liner from sub pump may be cracked somewhere or pump restricted as the rate now is much less, i really need to pull it up to inspect at some point...

For those in Sukhothai had ' Well ' dug by local guys, 30,000 baht, no water found no need to pay.

Hitachi ' Well ' pump 12,000 baht. fitted with pipe running to storage tank.

' Well ' 20 metres deep and water level stays around 5 - 7 metres from ground level.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The local drillers know the area and whether they will hit hard rock or not. If they have done several wells in the area, they will price it accordingly. We had one drilled and the price was a flat 35,000 baht and a guarantee of good water. The driller hit a strong aquifer at 26 meters but he decided the water was too hard. He went down to 48 meters and he was happy with the water quality. My one HP submersible pump is not able to pump it down. It is a six inch casing.

A friend of mine had one drilled about 15 kilometers south of Pattaya. The driller broke a drill bit and had to move and start over. His six inch well is over a hundred meters deep and it cost him around 120,000 baht.

Anyone getting permits for drilling bores ?

Sure it varies from province to province. We needed one, cost 500 baht..

We didn't bother asking our Well is on farmland anyhow, they dug it by hand shovels, picks and buckets. laugh.png

If you want to drill a shallow well to collect water in the ground, say around 15 or 20 metres, figure on spending 15,000 baht for half a days work. But if you want a bore hole you need to go down a lot further, around me it costs 1,000 baht a metre and the budget is around 100k but not under.

• 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On ‎18‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 8:59 AM, ThaidaGwaii said:

I just paid 12,000 Baht for drilling a well near Nong Khai.  Had to buy the 6" pipes (3000 Baht) , 1.5 HP Franklin submersible pump (15,000 Baht),  Rope and a few fittings.  Well is 76 meters.  Pump at 40 meters.

Where did you buy the pump ?

Archived