Foreign Mafia Running Pattaya

webfact

The story goes that the Russians (I know they arent ALL Russians, but bear with me) sent men into Romania to strongarm the local crime bosses into submission - I believe this allegedly occurred somewhere in the 90s. Each of the men was returned to their next of kin - at least their heads were - neatly packed in cardboard boxes. The story goes that the Russians lost interest in Romania from that point on.

The same story we had in Poland and our "guys" sorted it out in the same way... well... I have to admit that this takes few years because on the beginning of 90s there was a lot of ex soldiers from Afghanistan some of them people from SPECNAZ, ex KGB etc... but at the and everything comes back to normal... Polish gangs in Poland :) This was joke of course... there is nothing normal about gangs...

The same situation is in Pattaya at the moment... Russian comes there some time ago and are trying to make strongest position and just like in Poland they own few Pubs/Night Clubs, run some prostitution and sell some drugs... but I hardly believe that they are real threat to those who really rule Pattaya.

About this that Farangs should get blame for prostitution in Thailand - just buahahahaha :D Try to go as a Farang to some bar on Ekamai (let say 11-12) or Suthisan Rd and ask one of the ladies if she want to go with farang... 75-80% will say "NO" but they will gladly go with Thai ;)

Btw ask anyone in Sicily if he heard ever about Mafia... the answer will be "NO - never"... The thing is that this not only fear... but the Boss/Padre his duty was to care about poor people as well and defend them for example against some greedy officials...

• Like 1

At least you can walk around the area unlike many parts of America's crime rated areas

Again a clueless "useful idiot" takes to bashing the US when we are discussing Thailand and Russian mafia.

Walking in American cities is much safer than in Europe if you stay out of gang controlled ghettos, where the murders are mostly black on black.

No racism intended. Just the truth. States in America who allow concealed carry have very low crime rates. Same in Switzerland where people can defend themselves.

And the Russian mafia? The reason that they can take over any area they disire is their ruthlessness. They will murder anyone without ever thinking about it.

And they don't need the permission of their "bosses" as in the Italian of Chinese mafias.

Points well made about American cities. I seem to meet a lot of Euro/Brit/etc. guys here in Thailand that have a distorted view of what it's like in the states and tend to generalize about 315 million people. Lots of Russians here in Phuket now, the individuals I have met seem like regular people. Maybe a little cold until you get to know them a little. Their not all mafia, don't generalize! The biggest laugh I got from that article was about the police and bar owners getting most of the money paid to the girls...really!! When I had my live rock n roll bar in Patong the owners got part or all of the "bar fine" depending on if he gave them free room and board and the girl keeps 100% of whatever the John pays her. Police get there money from the bar owner not the girls.

Wake-up and grow-up black on black does not make it right or safe, which was my point

So a family holiday to Soi 6 is out of the question then cheesy.gif

No need for a full holiday there, just a quick visit to show the kids where mummy met daddy!

You have to wonder at the poster above who would state that children of a marriage would want to be told their mother was a prostitute. What goes through their heads? I was riding a Song Tau once a few years ago with some grade school children and the boys were making fun of a girl who was going to get off on Soi BuaKhow. The little girl was crying.

So a family holiday to Soi 6 is out of the question then cheesy.gif

No need for a full holiday there, just a quick visit to show the kids where mummy met daddy!

You have to wonder at the poster above who would state that children of a marriage would want to be told their mother was a prostitute. What goes through their heads? I was riding a Song Tau once a few years ago with some grade school children and the boys were making fun of a girl who was going to get off on Soi BuaKhow. The little girl was crying.

Twas only a joke, but you're correct it such things should no longer be said, i will book myself in for re-educating.

• Like 1

"By American standards, it's not a lot of money. The low price of sex in Pattaya's red-light district is a draw for many sex tourists. It is often as low as eight US dollars.

Ummmm....$8.00usd REALLY!? I need to know where they went to come up with this amount??? blink.png

With this published price tag, the author brings his readers in danger.
I fear in the coming months, busloads of horny Huffington Post readers will arrive,
in search for the 8 Dollar girls. But beware, the girls will not be happy, if you offer them a price as low as 240 Baht.

That is an insult (“you think I am cheap like that”) and some girls will go sure violent.

• Like 1

From the OP:

"not every prostitute in Pattaya is working against her or his will and that the decision to work in the red-light district is sometimes accepted by friends and family."

No, no, no. CLEARLY shows the ignorance and myopic ethnocentristic views of the newbie writer who either has no clue what he is writing about and is filtering accounts through his preconceived idea of how things "are". CORRECTLY stated, it should read:

"Most prostitutes in Pattaya are not working against her or his will and that the decision to work in the red-light district is typically encouraged by friends and family.

OP: You need to interview people who really know what they are going on about. Better yet, live here for a few years longer than the two weeks your travel expense account allows, wallow in the Darkside a bit, then write your story. Clearly the OP is writing from a white castle and wouldn't dare "get caught up" in what really goes on.

If you haven't LIVED the Darkside, don't ever attempt to write about the Darkside. Pack your tihs up and and don't come back to the Darkside...

What happens in the Darkside ? am I missing something ?

From the OP:

"not every prostitute in Pattaya is working against her or his will and that the decision to work in the red-light district is sometimes accepted by friends and family."

No, no, no. CLEARLY shows the ignorance and myopic ethnocentristic views of the newbie writer who either has no clue what he is writing about and is filtering accounts through his preconceived idea of how things "are". CORRECTLY stated, it should read:

"Most prostitutes in Pattaya are not working against her or his will and that the decision to work in the red-light district is typically encouraged by friends and family.

OP: You need to interview people who really know what they are going on about. Better yet, live here for a few years longer than the two weeks your travel expense account allows, wallow in the Darkside a bit, then write your story. Clearly the OP is writing from a white castle and wouldn't dare "get caught up" in what really goes on.

If you haven't LIVED the Darkside, don't ever attempt to write about the Darkside. Pack your tihs up and and don't come back to the Darkside...

Just normal life generally :)

From the OP:

Just normal life generally smile.png

Is the Chocolate Butterfly bar on the Darkside?

• Like 1

From the OP:

Really ? I thought it was just lack of street lighting, please give me all those juicy details of what this sheltered Jomtien resident is missing :)

@ axact

"Really ? I thought it was just lack of street lighting, please give me

all those juicy details of what this sheltered Jomtien resident is

missing"

Can't you just have just a normal life in general without street lights ?whistling.gif

From the OP:

Never heard of it. But then again I wouldn't know about any bars sorry smile.png

From the OP:

Now that made me laugh...

Doesnt the US military send ship loads of troops to come and empty there balls in pattaya. Infact years ago when pattaya was created it was for this purpose. The Americans started this all off.

The days when the US military where free to roam around the streets of Pattaya in their thousands are long gone,R&R nowadays are much more restricted.

And Pattaya wasn`t created by the US forces,during the Vietnam war the US forces in the area had all they needed on their base at Utapao.I`ve been told that Aussie forces used Pattaya for R&R first and US forces followed after the Vietnam war.