' White Police' To Change Thai Police Culture

webfact

'White Police' to change Thai police culture

Phuket Gazette

pol.jpg

Commander Amarin Akaravong from the Office of Inspector General (left), followed by Phuket Provincial Police Commander Choti Chavalviwat reviewed Phuket police yesterday. Photo: Kritsada Mueanhawong

PHUKET: -- Members of the Office of Inspector General (OIG) arrived on Phuket as part of the launch of a nationwide program designed to oust crooked police officers and slowly change police culture in Thailand.

newsjs

Each of the 1,460 police stations across Thailand will have 10 of its officers selected this year to help gather information about the behavior of police officers and the station’s actions as a whole.

“The officers will be selected at the end of every year and receive the honor of becoming ‘White Police’. Another 10 will be selected next year. Eventually, we will be able to change police culture for the better, and bad police officers will not be able to function within the ‘White Police’ organizations,” said Commander Amarin Akaravong from the Office of Inspector General.

The OIG is in charge of police stations across the country, Pol Gen Amarin explained.

“We have to pay more attention to the performance and behavior of our officers. We have heard that some police officers have even become drug dealers, which is painful to find out.

“The public has shown more and more concern with how police are behaving – we can see this from the number of complaints about police acting inappropriately that are being filed with us,” Pol Gen Amarin stated.

He made it clear that the goal of his visit to the island was to see whether or not the police of Phuket were adequately fulfilling the needs of the people, especially tourists.

Source: http://www.phuketgaz...ture-20294.html

pglogo.jpg

-- Phuket Gazette 2013-02-20

Rolling around cheesy.gif LMAO

How are they gonna achieve this, there cannot be as many as 10 honest, untarnished cops in each police station, can there???

Oh and i love this bit,

"We have heard that some police officers have even become drug dealers, which is painful to find out".

Have only Heard!!!! The writing is on the wall on this little project allready.

But they have made a start already.

In another post I read Snip>

When police saw a white Toyota Vios attempting to avoid the checkpoint at Baan Yamu at 8:30pm, they stopped the car, driven by Supakij Benjamas, 29, and searched it.

“We found two bags of marijuana and tobacco in a peanut can in the car,” Thalang Police Deputy Superintendent Amnuay Kraiwutthianun said.

“We found a card identifying the driver as a national defense volunteer, issued by Phuket Vice Governor Chamroen Tipayapongtada,” Lt Col Amnuay said.

“The value of the marijuana was 2,000 baht and Mr Supakij was charged with possession and use of a class 5 narcotic,” said Col Amnuay. “The maximum penalty is up to five years in prison or a 50,000 baht fine.”

“We are continuing the investigation to verify if there are any other people involved in this case,” he said.

The checkpoint at Baan Yamu on Saturday was part of an initiative organized by Phuket Provincial Police Commander Choti Chavalviwat to crack down on drugs and weapons in Phuket.

At the time of Mr Supakij’s arrest, the checkpoint was manned by top brass: Thalang Police Deputy Superintendents Amnuay Kraiwutthianun, Pisit Chunpet and Wiwat Chumnankij, as well as Thalang District Chief Administrative Officer Siripong Leeprasit. <Snip

Corruption sorted, a really worthwhile collar eh?

What will be the criteria be to select the ten?

If there are any junior officers amongst the ten, how can they have any impact - police officers anywhere don't tell or suggest anything to their higher ranking officers.

How can more junior oficers write and submit a 'report' about either their higher ranking officers of their peers, especially reporting negative events or onservations? They would be very afraid that there would be a strong lack of confidentaility and reprisals.

Just not the way to plan or implement change.

Will there be a curfew too?

• Like 2

The RTPO and the Education Dept. must be the most boring job in Thailand! The nonsense that they sprout just goes on and on! The OIG is going to start the scheme at the end of the year? Who on earth would be sucker enough to do a report on their police station...please refer to the thread on national IQ! sad.png

Who cares? Cops taking bribes just saves you having to give money to lawyers. When you play up you just pay and its all sorted. Simple

So what if you're not 'playing up' and still get extorted for money? What would you do?

Have a read of one of my previous topics to see what these scum are capable of. It involves a drug dealing cop who just happened to be the investigating officer for a burglary of our home.

Corrupt vermin pure and simple and should be erradicated.

• Like 2

Look how "Whistle Blowers" in the West are treated. I would not like to be in those guys shoes.......

The 'white police' will no doubt be appointed by their superiors. ie those already tainted by years of systematic corruption. They will be chosen for their ability to see nothing, hear nothing and speak nothing.

• Like 2

I got robbed of 18,000 baht by a person I thought was a friend. I went to the police station in Suan Plu and reported it. I had the thief's phone number, address, photograph, work address, bank account number and his name of course.......... Nothing happened - no arrest. So I called another friend whose wife's brother was a big cop. Suddenly I got a call from Suan Plu station to come and give the evidence again. They had lost it [read "thrown it away"]. So I went back there to the station and repeated everything and this time I was photographed pointing at a picture of the thief. The police there did not know that I can speak Thai and were saying really horrible things about me and laughing about it. I just kept quiet - I was afraid something nasty might happen to me. In the end no arrest again. Not even being close to the sister of a big cop could help me. So be warned - Thai police will never act against a Thai in favour of a farang - it won't happen.

• Like 1

Who cares? Cops taking bribes just saves you having to give money to lawyers. When you play up you just pay and its all sorted. Simple

and would the same go for the drunk guy who ploughs down a member of your family in his nice car, how would you feel about him walking free after paying up a little tea money? Swings and roundabouts my friend...

My gf is in the police and many of her colleagues there paid good money to get their jobs, i often wondered why considering what a low paid job it was. After she was approached by a senior officer and educated in the way things work there i did not wonder anymore...........Corruption is pandemic in the thai police force and is almost taught from the start. Junior officers do not get a chance to be honest if the senior officers they are posted with have their way. In Thailand they will not pull anyone senior on any wrong doing as it will cause them to lose face, if they lose face then someone will pay....

It goes from top to bottom and unless they imprison the ones at the top the ones below them will always follow suit, its the easiest way for them.

• Like 2

The "White" was mentioned in the video..good..love it...as important as the forum topic White Police..I though the foreign police that look after the tourist here in Pattaya would have more power..bring the REDS in..oh they are already in the Russian Mafia..

It's not the simple IrishIvan, bribes are allowing rogue drivers to stay on the road, and in some cases, keep them out of prison, do we really want that? By the way, I like your'e name.

I got robbed of 18,000 baht by a person I thought was a friend. I went to the police station in Suan Plu and reported it. I had the thief's phone number, address, photograph, work address, bank account number and his name of course.......... Nothing happened - no arrest. So I called another friend whose wife's brother was a big cop. Suddenly I got a call from Suan Plu station to come and give the evidence again. They had lost it [read "thrown it away"]. So I went back there to the station and repeated everything and this time I was photographed pointing at a picture of the thief. The police there did not know that I can speak Thai and were saying really horrible things about me and laughing about it. I just kept quiet - I was afraid something nasty might happen to me. In the end no arrest again. Not even being close to the sister of a big cop could help me. So be warned - Thai police will never act against a Thai in favour of a farang - it won't happen.

In most cases you are probably right, but a Farang friend was involved in an incident where a motor cycle taxi hit his car in front of some other motor cycle taxis. He got the BIB, they heard what both my friend and the motor cycle taxi guys said, and told the motor cycle rider he was in the wrong and my friend got paid for the damage to his car.