"la Genoise" The Best Patisserie Shop In Chiang Mai

maxell

Last Friday, I was going to my favorite restaurant (Salad Concept) ,then I saw a signage in front of shop (near Salad Concept) caught my attention: “ French pastry by experienced chef from 5 star hotels and Michelin star restaurant in London”. So I went in to check it out.

The shop “La Genoise”, it was very small shop. At first, I didn’t expect much about the taste, because the shop was so small, not much customers and the price was not high. After I tried “Praline Mousse” and “Verrin Chocolate” , I was wonder the cakes tasted wonderful. It was perfect chocolate mousse and European taste.

I got a chance to talk the owner. She said she fell in love with Patisserie long ago. At that time -in Thailand hadn’t much bakery school for this kind of cake. So she went to London for studied in Le Condon Bleu and Westminster Kingsway College for 3 years. After graduation, she had a chance to work to in 5 star hotels (Langham Hotel, The Berkeley Hotel) and Michelin rated restaurant (Sketch restaurant) for several years. Then she returned to Thailand to start her own business.

I think she was really loved to be the chef. And I hope her business could run, then I have a nice place that I could hang around.

• Like 2

Firstly I wish all the luck to anyone starting business here.

As for the OP, obviously not a native English speaker, thought French (coincidently) at first but to then Mis-spell cordon blue, for almost worked "in the blue condom" maybe not also.....

...as for the high flying chef........what happened to her ambition if you say she came to thailand to open the smallest shop in town.?

I will wander by, and maybe will see you "cheek to cheek" with the Michelin girl

Edited by eyecatcher

I don't think so as I live near the place and she is indeed very good at what she does. A small humble place but real talent.

This is some pretty blatant advertising!

and my place is probably very you then, and we are extremely good at we do, also a small humble place with real talent BUT I have not once advertised it, in a blatant un ethical way......but actually quality speaks for itself, so i dont need to say anything.

As for the OP, obviously not a native English speaker, thought French (coincidently) at first but to then Mis-spell cordon blue, for almost worked "in the blue condom" maybe not also.....

...as for the high flying chef........what happened to her ambition if you say she came to thailand to open the smallest shop in town.?

I will wander by, and maybe will see you "cheek to cheek" with the Michelin girl

You just can't stop being a cynic can you.. I feel sorry for you..

Well, this is good news. Someone told me that the place had gone out of business. I don't get over to Nimmanheiman as much as I used to. Whoever the chef is at La Genoise, she knows what she's doing. It's a beautiful little place, too. If you're thinking of conning someone into believing you have a refined and civilized character, that's a good spot to take him or her to.

• Like 1

If you're thinking of conning someone into believing you have a refined and civilized character, that's a good spot to take him or her to.

thumbsup.gif

LOL. biggrin.png

That is indeed sometimes a consideration when taking people somewhere. (Esp. the first stop.)

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

What are you talking about? I see no mention of blue condoms.
  • Like 1

Please. La Genoise has been around for many, many years; they used to be on Nimhan, now they're on Soi 13 (same as Salad Concept).

Very good cakes, they also make to order. If it's free advertising then definitely well deserved.

I also like that they have excellent teas & you get a whole pot. Never tried the Coffee as there's so many good places and only so much I can drink...

• Like 1