Water Pipe System

Pumpui

Because you need hot water in Europe? Just a guess.

Black plastic pipe in rolls is used for public water lines so is available in large size. Not sure if it is available in smaller diameters.

As for using "glue" I challenge you to take properly cemented PVC apart without destroying the pipe itself. That said some workers will cut short and not tightly fit connections so that would cause a problem. But if they are tight to start you should not have any problem. I am currently running much higher pressure than most, at about 70 PSI, and have had no failures.

Thats exactly what i'm afraid of, because a system is no stronger than the weekest point.

I know that when you glue the blue PVC pipe it's actually melted together, but we still have the problem that the pipe and the fittings break quit easy.

I'm trying to build my new house up to european standard, therefore i will have hot water all around the house.

We used copper pipes for the hot water lines in our new house. It's not the cheapest, but with and architect/builder for a husband that's all he would even consider. We however have ALL our pipes in a 1 1/2 M crawl space under the house so we have easy access. The place we bought all our copper piping is in BKK off Rama IV not far from Sathorn rd. Sin Siam Inter cooling Co. Ltd. 02-711-9060

Beachbunny

My wife and I had a 7 town house complex built. Me not being there, and not knowing what in the world is going on, was not able to dictate what pipe was used.

Blue pipe was used.... it frankly, is horrible. It is very easy to cross thread, and the threads are very weak.

My last vacation, I was spending my time fixing leaky faucets, and poor threaded joints. With a lot of prayers, and plumbers tape, I was able to patch things up.

Now, I read from the above posts that there are different grades of blue pipe, if this is the case, I feel much more confident and using it in the future. I will also tell you that the white pipe used in the states is good quality.

Good luck to you

Not only are there different grades of pipe there are different grades of fittings. For the 90 deg tap they make brass lined plastic couplings that are standard thread and work good. For external you can buy brass, chrome and stainless steel fittings. I would never use the old plastic thread type today. You are right; they are easy to cross thread. Especially when covered with pipe tape.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

ATTENTION

We are building a home and the water supply materials at the following web site are from my stand point the way to go - again quality veres price will dictate many years of trouble free use.

I have checked these out and if anyone was building in Thailand I would diffenately recommend this piping for their home.

http://www.ptthai.com/rehau.html

B K Cross

ATTENTION

We are building a home and the water supply materials at the following web site are from my stand point the way to go - again quality veres price will dictate many years of trouble free use.

I have checked these out and if anyone was building in Thailand I would diffenately recommend this piping for their home.

http://www.ptthai.com/rehau.html

B K Cross

I would recommend these black pipes, they are flexible, UV resistant :o , used by the public water authority for connections to private homes. They are exposed to the sun, no problem.

You must not burry them under the concrete, you can install them outside, anything happens you will spot it quickly.