Drug Dealer Attempts To Kill Phuket City Police Deputy Superintendent

webfact

Drug dealer attempts to kill Phuket City Police Deputy Superintendent
Phuket Gazette

PHUKET: -- Two Phuket Police officers were injured during a sting operation of two Cherng Talay drug dealers after one of the dealers took an officer’s gun and attempted to shoot Phuket City Police Deputy Superintendent Parinya Tanthasuwan.

“During the arrest, Witoon ‘Bang Ann’ Piwluang took the gun from one of my men,” said Lt Col Parinya, the case investigator

“He pointed the gun at me and pulled the trigger,” Lt Col Parinya said. But it was locked, so I pushed the gun away.”

Col Parinya and another officer received minor injuries in the ensuing scuffle.

The successful sting operation began with the arrest of Sarat ‘Ong’ Kaenphet, 38, two days before Mr Witoon attempted to shoot Col Parinya.

Acting on tip-off from an informant, police sent an undercover agent to buy drugs from Mr Kaenphet, said Phuket Provincial Police Deputy Commander Arayapan Pukbuakhao.

“We sent an agent to buy drugs from him by the road, close to the entrance to Saphan Hin (map here), at 9pm on February 18, ” Col Parinya said.

Mr Kaenphet was arrested in possession of five grams of ya ice (crystal methamphetamine).

The next day, police searched Mr Kaenphet’s house in Cherng Talay and seized more than 3,000 pills of yah bah (methamphetamine) 500 grams of ya ice and 500 grams of heroin, Col Arayapan stated.

Police also found 70,000 baht and a bank book indicating there was 700,000 baht in the account. In addition, investigators seized a car from Mr Kaenphet’s property.

Acting on information supplied by Mr Kaenphet, police arrested Witoon ‘Bang Ann’ Piwluang in Cherng Talay the following day, February 20, with over 3,600 ya bah pills and over 5 grams of ya ice.

Mr Witoon was charged with resisting arrest and attempting to murder a police officer, Col Arayapan said. Additionally he faces charges of possession of category 1 drugs with intent to sell.

Mr Kaenphet was charged with possession of category 1 drugs with intent to sell, Col Arayapan stated.

Police successfully netted over 500 grams of ya ice , more than 6,700 ya bah pills and 500 grams of heroin from the raids.

Source: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket_news/2013/Drug-dealer-attempts-to-kill-Phuket-City-Police-Deputy-Superintendent-20300.html

pglogo.jpg
-- Phuket Gazette 2013-02-22

Hopefully the druggies will be dressed with old car tires, some gasoline and put in flames.

Acting on tip-off from an informant, police sent an undercover agent to buy drugs from Mr Kaenphet, said Phuket Provincial Police Deputy Commander Arayapan Pukbuakhao.

Is there anonymous phone number or webservice where people can give tips for police about the drug dealers? In the way that the informants will not get in danger?

I guess ordinary Phuket residents are quite tired of the abusive drug dealers.

I wonder what these drug dealers did wrong to get 'caught' like this. They must have overstepped their boundaries somewhere. This is what I love about Thailand... even the illegal trade has 'rules' and is well-regulated. Somebody didn't pay their dues and got too greedy...

I wonder what these drug dealers did wrong to get 'caught' like this. They must have overstepped their boundaries somewhere. This is what I love about Thailand... even the illegal trade has 'rules' and is well-regulated. Somebody didn't pay their dues and got too greedy...

"The successful sting operation began with the arrest of Sarat ‘Ong’ Kaenphet, 38, two days before Mr Witoon attempted to shoot Col Parinya."

maybe when they shot at the police it made them angry, who knows???

Hopefully the druggies will be dressed with old car tires, some gasoline and put in flames.

Is there anonymous phone number or webservice where people can give tips for police about the drug dealers? In the way that the informants will not get in danger?

I guess ordinary Phuket residents are quite tired of the abusive drug dealers.

My family had an issue with a local drug gang and Thai wife called 1133 (directory enquires) from a public phone & asked to be put through to police for the local area - did not have to give her name - they were raided & arrested within a few days.

Edited by simple1
  • Like 1

He pointed the gun and tried to fire but it was locked !!! I assume they meant that the safety was engaged, which would have required at least 0.3 seconds to disengage. I just can not accept nor believe the scripted nonesense that abounds in the majority of such articles.

He pointed the gun and tried to fire but it was locked !!! I assume they meant that the safety was engaged, which would have required at least 0.3 seconds to disengage. I just can not accept nor believe the scripted nonesense that abounds in the majority of such articles.

Pulling the trigger > realising the safety is on > confusion > disengage the safety.

Takes a bit more than 0.3 seconds, luckily for the copper