The Best Breakfast In Jomtien

billaaa777

I live right across the street from the Continental Bakery and they serve a real good breakfast, but they are only second best.

The best breakfast in Jomtien is the buffet at the Cowboy Bar, which cost 150 Baht.

Sorry, but the road it is located on does not have a street sign.

It is on the street right after Soi 7 if you are heading down beach road towards Sattahip. It is a dead-end road with a hotel at the end of it so you cannot drive all the way through. Maybe somebody will know the name of the hotel or street.

First, they have fully cooked bacon not that partially cooked stuff that 99% of the restaurants serve here that is all fat. The bacon is the really thick expensive kind.

Second, it is the only buffet that has cheese that I have found. Third, they have an omelet bar.

What I do is get some bacon, cheese, onions, green peppers, salami, and tomatoes and have them make me a three egg omelet. It is great, the best omelet in the city.

Note, they have ingredients at the omelet bar, but unless you pick your out your own from the buffet, the omelet is not nearly as good.

They breads and rolls they serve are pretty good, and the home fries are not bad. They also have all the typical stuff like fresh fruit, coffee, and juice.

Edited by billaaa777
  • Like 1

I believe the one the OP is talking about is on Soi Whitehouse. The Whitehouse now is the Splendid Hotel.

On the same side as the Cowboy Bar but further along is the Damnark Hotel which has a great buffet breakfast for 160 baht. It is Scandanavian style with deli meats, cheeses, potatoes, breads, plus several Thai dishes for the ladies. There is a chef who cooks your eggs to your liking, The bacon is great also and they have cereals, juices and fresh milk also. It is my favorite and stays open until noon for a brunch.

The Whitehouse now is the Splendid Hotel.

That is it, I looked at the hotel sign when I was leaving the street and it was a little difficult to read.

On the same side as the Cowboy Bar but further along is the Damnark Hotel which has a great buffet breakfast for 160 baht. It is

Scandanavian style with deli meats, cheeses, potatoes, breads, plus several Thai dishes for the ladies.

I will have to try it out and report back.

Try Richman Poorman in Soi 9. There's a complete breakfast menu.

I looked at their menu it doesn't look like it is in the same league as the Cowboy Bar.

The "Build Your Own OMELETTE” cost 40 Baht more and it does not come with coffee, juice, fresh fruit, and everything else they have.

Bistro Oscars is still open. I like Ogara's on Pratumnak Rd, small breakfast is 110 baht and large is 150 baht.

O'Gara's at the Tara Court is a favorite also. Good breakfast, tableclothes, airconditioning, classy surroundings and service at a reasonable price.smile.png

• Like 1

On the same side as the Cowboy Bar but further along is the Damnark Hotel which has a great buffet breakfast for 160 baht. It is Scandanavian style with deli meats, cheeses, potatoes, breads, plus several Thai dishes for the ladies. There is a chef who cooks your eggs to your liking, The bacon is great also and they have cereals, juices and fresh milk also. It is my favorite and stays open until noon for a brunch.

Thanks! I will check it out , a real Scandinavian breakfast is excactly what I need.

• 4 weeks later...

"On the same side as the Cowboy Bar but further along is the Damnark Hotel which has a great buffet breakfast for 160 baht. It is Scandanavian style with deli meats, cheeses, potatoes, breads, plus several Thai dishes for the ladies. There is a chef who cooks your eggs to your liking, The bacon is great also and they have cereals, juices and fresh milk also. It is my favorite and stays open until noon for a brunch."

I second this recommendation. "Danish meatballs," quality bacon, eggs to order, homestyle potatoes, lots of extras, including Thai food. My only complaint would be the orange drink stuff, but I guess at 160 baht all-in a single patron could drink more than 160 baht worth of real orange juice. I stick to water or milk (no extra charge).

Edited by Barefoot

I believe the one the OP is talking about is on Soi Whitehouse. The Whitehouse now is the Splendid Hotel.

I really enjoy the Danmark buffet, great B'fast and a lovely little garden type place in the morning. Take a paper and have a pleasurable hour.

I really enjoy the Danmark buffet, great B'fast and a lovely little garden type place in the morning. Take a paper and have a pleasurable hour.

I too would recommend the Dannmark buffet just wish they would improve the coffee but maybe that is just my taste in coffee.

I tried the Danmark and the Cowboy. Both are good but are quite different to each other. I find that I've been back to the Danmark more often than the Cowboy.

The coffee and juice have a lot in common at the Danmark: both of them are warm and weak. If they improved this they would do mankind a favour.

I tried the Danmark and the Cowboy. Both are good but are quite different to each other. I find that I've been back to the Danmark more often than the Cowboy.

The coffee and juice have a lot in common at the Danmark: both of them are warm and weak. If they improved this they would do mankind a favour.

I actually like the Danmark coffee with their fresh milk but don't care for the cheap orange juice. I think the coffee is fresh brewed and is strong enough for my tastes. I like the yogurts, cereals and fresh fruit too, my lady likes their Thai food and soups. The chocolate milk in the upright cooler is rare in a buffet here! You guys made me hungry and I had breakfast there today!!!whistling.gif

After eating this "brunch" I only need a bit of fruit at supper time, I have "reserves"!

I actually like the Danmark coffee with their fresh milk but don't care for the cheap orange juice. I think the coffee is fresh brewed and is strong enough for my tastes. I like the yogurts, cereals and fresh fruit too, my lady likes their Thai food and soups. The chocolate milk in the upright cooler is rare in a buffet here!

The other stuff they have is indeed good quality but the coffee and juice let it down badly as far as I'm concerned. Surely anyone can manage to chill juice?

As you say, their Thai food is also generally very good.

What are the HOURS of the Danmark's breakfast thingie?

JT they open until 12 noon so it's great for a brunch. After 1130 the food starts to wind down a bit IMO. I can't tell you an opening time.

Since it's a hotel, it probably starts around 07.00. smile.png

• Like 1

Could you please tell me how to go and how far is to soi Whitehouse comming from the soi 5 beach side with thé 10 baht taxis.

How are the seats at the Denmark place? Do they have any solid ones with no armrest? And the Cowboy place? I'am a big guy... Thanks for any information given.

Could you please tell me how to go and how far is to soi Whitehouse comming from the soi 5 beach side with thé 10 baht taxis.

How are the seats at the Denmark place? Do they have any solid ones with no armrest? And the Cowboy place? I'am a big guy... Thanks for any information given.

I think the outside chairs have arms on them ? You can also sit inside in the dining sectioin where it's cooler, I don't think these chairs had arms.

From Soi 5 Jomtien it is only maybe 400 metres. Go past Soi 6 & 7 and Soi Whitehouse is the very next Soi on the left. The Danmark is about 200 metres up on the right, the Cowboy only about 100 on the right side. I hope that helps.

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...

I was surprised to find an American breakfast at Linda's for 119BT.

Start out with refreshing towel, cappuccino,

scrambled eggs, 2 thick cut bacon, potato, small salad, orange juice & very good European service.

And they carry the Bangkok Post.

Hard to beat. No?

Try Hotel Denmark's breakfast buffet to 165 bath, free coffee, tea, milk, yogurt.

4 different kinds of bread including the dark rough type I like very much as a Dane.

They got many cold cuts to put on your bread, okay maybe best if you are from Scandinavia.

I go there many times despite I live in North Pattaya.

Can't remember the soi no, 7 or 9, many Danish bars in the soi.