The Best Breakfast In Jomtien

billaaa777

I was surprised to find an American breakfast at Linda's for 119BT.

Start out with refreshing towel, cappuccino,

scrambled eggs, 2 thick cut bacon, potato, small salad, orange juice & very good European service.

And they carry the Bangkok Post.

Hard to beat. No?

A very good choice.

Linda's is a Norwegian restaurant but they serve a lot of international dishes , and the prices are not expensive when you compare the quality .

I will try the breakfast next time.

scrambled eggs, 2 thick cut bacon, potato, small salad, orange juice & very good European service.

Hard to beat. No?

A very good choice.

Linda's is a Norwegian restaurant but they serve a lot of international dishes , and the prices are not expensive when you compare the quality .

I will try the breakfast next time.

I can't recommend it for breakfast - price notwithstanding, it was tasteless junk.

Richman Poorman is the only one I've seen that offers such choices as bagel and cream cheese(very genrous with the cheese) and others.

Went to Linda's on the main road into Jomtien. Set breakfast price 129 baht. Includes an egg cup sized coffee and a rather waterdowned orange juice.

The salad on the plate left little room for the breakfast of one egg and one slice of bacon and an hotdog and cold toast.

Finished it and went over to the Pig and Whistle for a "proper" english breakfast, now that place takes some beating !

Went to Linda's on the main road into Jomtien. Set breakfast price 129 baht. Includes an egg cup sized coffee and a rather waterdowned orange juice.

The salad on the plate left little room for the breakfast of one egg and one slice of bacon and an hotdog and cold toast.

Finished it and went over to the Pig and Whistle for a "proper" english breakfast, now that place takes some beating !

What? There must be two different Lindas.

I was there yesterday. 119 Bt.

Good size portion of scrambled eggs, 2 extra thick bacon, large coffee, no hotdog, 2 brown bread(not toasted, orange juice, small salad.

Delicious.

P & W gets my vote too!

Tried Linda's once and had meatballs, the wife had the American brekkie. We had no complaints about the food, it was quite good. The only real complaint I would have voiced to Linda if she were there would have been the flies, heaps of them everywhere inside.

Linda's American Breakfast 119BT

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

The nice thing about Linda's is the pleasant dining atmosphere, air conditioning, linen table covers and napkins, comfortable seating, good service, etc. My problem is the miniscule portions and if you request something else the costs is almost that of the entire set breakfast. The food is okay. The Continental Bakery a short distance away is a better value.

I think rich man poor man served a decent brekkie, although its a while since I've been there,,, I'll maybe try the pig and whistle in the morning, since we are down in this neck of the woods for the weekend,

I agrees with Barak regarding the interior of the place. But the thread was on breakfast not lunch or evening meals which I am sure they have a loyal norwegien crowd but the menu is expensive at those times compared to the competition around there.

Still sticking to my first comments the Pig and Whistle is streets ahead for value.

I agrees with Barak regarding the interior of the place. But the thread was on breakfast not lunch or evening meals which I am sure they have a loyal norwegien crowd but the menu is expensive at those times compared to the competition around there.

Still sticking to my first comments the Pig and Whistle is streets ahead for value.

Yes. Drift away from the specials at Linda's and the prices are more in line with a 5 star restaurant.

Rice soup = 245BT I recall.

She has some lunch specials too for 195BT. Hard to beat.

Yes. Drift away from the specials at Linda's and the prices are more in line with a 5 star restaurant.

Rice soup = 245BT I recall.

She has some lunch specials too for 195BT. Hard to beat.

Hmm..Richman Poorman now has 150 Baht lunch specials. Prices in Jomtien always seem a bit higher(Pi n Whistel for example)

in Jomtien than they do in Pattaya so this is a good trend.

Also on the Jomtien beach side , 200 meters from the corner of 7 eleven I recently found a Norwegian owned cafe/restaurant, I was surprised to see so many dishes on the menu and a lot of Scandinavian and international food there. If you want to try Norwegian meat balls or sandwiches this is the place. Or just a normal american breakfast was 90 baht . The smoothie is fresh and only 55 baht .

And they have daily newspapers in Norwegian for us local vikings. wink.png

Sampled the pig and whistle yesterday, I'd fully recommend it, also had a good brekkie menu selection too as I noted the kippers and scrambled eggs amongst other things, tho didn't sample them since I was looking forward to the full english,, well worth the recommendations from the previous posters.

probably the closest I've come close to my personal favourite in pattaya which is the sports lounge on the road to the big buddha hill turning left before the tourist police building

I tried Lindas continental breakfast today. Its really good value for money, 109 baht.

You get 3 toasted bread (white and brown) scrambled or fried eggs, mixed salad , ham and cheese, orange and strawberry marmalade, orange juice and coffee .

And you sit inside in a nice restaurant with aircon, the staff is really helpful and service minded. They give you a wet towel to clean your hands,

Cant get any better than this for 109 baht.

Edited by balo

That's definitely a slimmer's breakfast, I would say. Even the coffee looks like it's mostly froth.

Well you should try it , the coffee is good there.

Linda's American Breakfast 119BT

image.jpg

Is this the kids menu ? Looks really small sad.png

You must be joking right ?

How big breakfast do you need?

I eat 4 pieces of whole bread toasts, 4 fried eggs and maybe 2-3 small spicy sausages from friendship with a coffee and water. It looks good but small for 119 baht but I guess you pay for the nice atmosphere :)

That's definitely a slimmer's breakfast, I would say. Even the coffee looks like it's mostly froth.

Honestly, my only complaint is they overfill the coffee and float a small bit of foam on top. Edited by DiNiro

Bistro Oscar breakfast buffet- Jomtien Complex.

Are they still open, because the link to their website does not work?

http://bistro-oscar.com/

My Avira Premium is ringing all kind of bells while trying to enter the website. smile.png

But if you mean Oscar's in Jomtien Complex.....it's still there. Fabulous BF-buffet.

For the Dutch breakfast lovers: Ons Moeder (map can be found here: http://www.ons-moeder-pattaya.nl/contact-10)

Then of course there's Papa David near the Anuman Statue with a wide variety of international breakfasts.

Of course there's a lot more on offer.

Bistro Oscar breakfast buffet- Jomtien Complex.

Are they still open, because the link to their website does not work?

http://bistro-oscar.com/

My Avira Premium is ringing all kind of bells while trying to enter the website. smile.png

But if you mean Oscar's in Jomtien Complex.....it's still there. Fabulous BF-buffet.

For the Dutch breakfast lovers: Ons Moeder (map can be found here: http://www.ons-moeder-pattaya.nl/contact-10)

Then of course there's Papa David near the Anuman Statue with a wide variety of international breakfasts.

Of course there's a lot more on offer.

Anyone recommending Papa David has lost their credibility with me.

A place like that wouldn't last one day anywhere where there are standards.

None of the places above hold a candle to the West or even to Phucket or Chiang Mai.

I call 'em as I see 'em.

Hard to beat. No?

I tried Lindas continental breakfast today. Its really good value for money, 109 baht.

You get 3 toasted bread (white and brown) scrambled or fried eggs, mixed salad , ham and cheese, orange and strawberry marmalade, orange juice and coffee .

And you sit inside in a nice restaurant with aircon, the staff is really helpful and service minded. They give you a wet towel to clean your hands,

Cant get any better than this for 109 baht.

I'll give a thumbs-up for Linda's also! I gave their breakfast a try the first time when I having a bout with a nasty cold and wanted to avoid the heat of eating in a open air place. Went back 7-8 more times this March-April. I also liked their Continental Breakfast. Granted, it is not one of the "stuff yourself and gain an inch of fat on your waistline" breakfasts; but not everyone wants those types of breakfasts. Good quality food, well prepared, with good service and good aircon.

Oscar's is definitely still open and also has proper cheese. It's the best breakfast buffet I know of in Jomtien but I haven't tried those other two yet. They will be on my to-do list for early next week.smile.png

I also recommend Bistro Oscar. They serve a Brunch from 9:00 am to 2:00 pm every day. Top quality food, well-prepared and well-served. In the past three years, I've probably eaten their brunch 50plus times and never had a bad meal.