Garcinia Cambogia -- In My Experience, This Stuff Really Works

Jingthing

Well, it has been some months now using Garcinia Cambogia.

Two pills at least 30 minutes before eating any meal with some carbos in it; in other words, all meals.

My goal has been to lose 3.5 pounds per month.

So far I am bettering that goal.

For me personally, the experience with Garcinia Cambogia has been TOTALLY AMAZING.

Food cravings almost completely gone. No cravings even for life long things like pizza. Appetite -- way down. Hunger -- taking a long time to happen. Have too big a lunch meal? Later, no desire to eat an evening meal at all and waking up the next day -- not famished. Yes I pay attention to what I eat. I do my best mostly to eat foods that I consider healthy, fruits, veg, healthy fats, lean protein, limit the pasta bread etc.

I still do the same very moderate level of exercise I have been doing, religiously.

This pill is NOT magic! You can't take it and eat cakes and never exercise and lose weight but if you are like me you won't even want any cake.

I can still enjoy my delicious foods and the flavor of the food. Just LESS of it and even fewer meals when I skip dinner.

My intention is not to skip dinner by eating less for lunch.

Still adjusting to living with this new low cravings body. Buying fewer groceries so I don't end up throwing out too much. Ordering differently at restaurants.

But the point is that so far, this is no diet. With this pill, I could sustain this way of eating for life.

I know some of you have a moralistic hangup that you don't need help, that is all has to come from some kind of magical will power, or it isn't worth doing. I have the opposite view. Almost all fat people NEED help but the help that has been out there has not been good enough, or safe enough.

Garcinia Cambogia so far for me is good enough. Will it stop working in two months? Possibly, but I really don't think so. I find the effects of it very convincing. They are not diminishing one bit. There is no need to up the dose to get the same impact.

Is it safe enough? I don't know. I do know it is not speedy, and that's good.

If you're interested. Do your own research. Explore how this will impact on your own health situation, etc. to your comfort level. Don't take it because there are so many internet sites saying how great it is or because I am saying it is fantastic. Which I am.

But yes I think it is something fat people should consider looking into.

Cheers.

http://garciniacambogiahca.com/

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

JT,

If your refering to me with not wanting help, i have tried appetite suppressors and i would use one if it had no other major drawbacks. I have tried other things too, I am definitely not against a little bit of extra aid. I have used some stuff to break through limits when I was stuck for a few months.

It does not have to hurt or be uncomfortable, id prefer it to be an other way. I will certainly look into this stuff. I did stop my diet though as i am lean enough. But anything that combats cravings is a good thing i my book. I still have to be careful about what I eat as i am upping it only slowly.

I am not against any of this stuff, as long as it works and the side effects are not too bad. I am ok with bad side effects for a short time but not long time.

Well, I haven't really experienced any very noticeable negative side effects. But if you do some research, some people do. I reckon this stuff isn't for everyone but it might be very good for a lot of people. I also think it would be good for a formerly fat person to help prevent getting fat again. You could even try smaller doses or not doing it for all meals in that scenario.

An interesting place to see public feedback is the comments section at amazon.com for where some of these supplements are sold. The majority of feedback sounds like me. Wow! Amazing! Then there are some people who don't find it effective and even experience scary side effects. I would say if you experience scary side effects, just stop it.

Personally, my feeling is that some of the people not being helped with this are expecting a magic pill and not realizing you STILL need to be conscious about the nature of the food you are eating, paying attention to lowering portions (larger portion could be a habit many people would continue even if no physical desire) and also of course doing some exercise.

I am not a believer in amphetimine style meds for weight loss or meds that block your fat absortion and cause violent bathroom incidents.

I still have full confidence that scientific research will one day find an easy, mass, safe solution that will help most fat people and prevent most people from even becoming fat. But we aren't there yet. It may be 50 years.

For now, Garcinia Cambogia might be as good as it gets in the obesity therapy arsenal short of surgery.

Well, I haven't really experienced any very noticeable negative side effects. But if you do some research, some people do. I reckon this stuff isn't for everyone but it might be very good for a lot of people. I also think it would be good for a formerly fat person to help prevent getting fat again. You could even try smaller doses or not doing it for all meals in that scenario.

I have used a sibutramine based pill, i noticed it increased my heartrate a bit (i do a lot of cardio with heartrate monitor so it messed that up) Otherwise i was happy how it helped me against cravings. So yes i do believe there are products that can combat cravings. If this is one such and it does not influence me otherwise why not.

I eat enough supplements already so i am in no way against them, and as i said in an other topic if there was something that made me burn everything faster id use it (actually there is but it has major side effects). I ordered a bottle from the UK and will see what it does for me.

I don't need to loose any more weight but i slowly want to increase what i eat to start building a bit more. But still i get cravings (major peanut butter cravings at the moment). Would be nice to not have cravings as it makes things easier.

I have tried many things and there things that help but usually there is a drawback, i will see what this does.

My cravings are so low that it doesn't feel normal for me. Its almost for me like having had a virtual stomach band. You could call that a side effect. I kind of miss the cravings but I appreciate that having them gone makes losing weight MUCH easier.

The other obvious thing about depending on ANYTHING external is the dependency situation itself. In other words what happens when you stop it. Can you stop it. Not physical addiction exactly, but overall not very desirable.

My cravings are so low that it doesn't feel normal for me. Its almost for me like having had a virtual stomach band. You could call that a side effect. I kind of miss the cravings but I appreciate that having them gone makes losing weight MUCH easier.

The other obvious thing about depending on ANYTHING external is the dependency situation itself. In other words what happens when you stop it. Can you stop it. Not physical addiction exactly, but overall not very desirable.

Actually if it has no other side effects i would not mind that one bit. Its not like i can't do it without but making it easier is better.

Same i bought a tv for in my gym room so i can either watch a movie or see myself (computer simulated) row against someone else. Can I row without it ... sure but with it is nicer.

It does not have to hurt or be uncomfortable.. i just do what it takes even if its uncomfortable.. but would prefer comfortable.

I will see if it has any benefits, im not one to say its bogus without trying. Even then if it does not work for me it might work for others. Currently i am taking glucosamine for a shoulder problem. Some say its bogus others say it works. I try it and see what it does if it works for me ill be happy if not i lost a few bucks.

I feel I need to say once more. I don't really know if this is safe to do in the long term. Yes I am taking the risk and I am comfortable enough with the risk when balanced against the big benefits I am getting. However, over the counter "natural" therapies especially those that have noticeable effects are not much different than pharmaceuticals without the extensive safety research done on commercial pharmaceuticals.

I feel I need to say once more. I don't really know if this is safe to do in the long term. Yes I am taking the risk and I am comfortable enough with the risk when balanced against the big benefits I am getting. However, over the counter "natural" therapies especially those that have noticeable effects are not much different than pharmaceuticals without the extensive safety research done on commercial pharmaceuticals.

JT for everything like this people need to do a risk assessment for themselves. You feel its safe I probably feel the same if my body responds good to it. I just ordered a bottle for around 450bt incl shipping so im ok.

It never fails to amaze me that some people have weight problems here....

...not ony I can't get fat, I can't even increase my weight by a couple of kgs...

What are you people eating?

Blobs of fat and sugary drinks all day long?

Your a funny guy, you don't have to eat fat and drink sugary drinks all day to want to control your weight. Some people have a harder time controlling it even with 6-7 workouts a week and a strict diet. Actually im lean and muscular, I just want to stay that way. Cravings really can spoil a healthy food program. Anything helping me a bit is ok.

My thyroid is naturally slow (test to prove it) so i have to undertake more effort as others. I am there, im lean but i still get cravings once in a while its easier to eat healthy if those are not there.

...not ony I can't get fat, I can't even increase my weight by a couple of kgs...

You're on the I'm Too Fat Forum. We have enough morality lecturers here without people who have never even been fat coming on to insult us with ignorance.

If you are TOO thin and can't gain any weight, you have a real medical problem and there is help available for that too. But probably not here.

Interesting & glad it helped you & you gave it a try.

I mentioned it to you in your apple cider vinegar post

because of some emails I had from my brother who was also interested.

Interesting to hear from someone actually taking it.

I never actually read this forum but glad I saw the title in the topic list as a follow up.

Congrats

It's made of tamarind. Made in Thailand and CHEAP. The Thai brands are only Garcinia. The American brands have extra stuff. I am using the Thai brands. Pretty much any pharmacy that has an herbal supplement section. I am NOT talking about Fitne Tea! That has garcinia but is mostly laxative.

Herbal One by GMP

Garcinia Cambogia

Thanks I am going to let my brother know in the US as he was the one that was interested & said it was expensive there.

So I saw the barnd you mentioned is 500mg of Garcinia for roughly $5.90

It does not say if there is any other ingredients just that Garcinia is the active one.

Since you have a bottle can you say if there are any other ingredients?

Thanks

Ok you got me i like eating creampie tastes really good

Herbal One by GMP

Garcinia Cambogia

Thanks I am going to let my brother know in the US as he was the one that was interested & said it was expensive there.

So I saw the barnd you mentioned is 500mg of Garcinia for roughly $5.90

It does not say if there is any other ingredients just that Garcinia is the active one.

Since you have a bottle can you say if there are any other ingredients?

Thanks

I saw the same brand for 140 bt bit under 5$.

I ordered a bottle online stupid me much cheaper here and yes just one ingredient. If this works its nice else i lost 140 bt (and what i pay for the other bottle online) Not much of a loss.

JT will see if it works for me I am using it today as i usually eat the same and know my cravings it will be quite obvious if it helps or not (in my case). Anything that can kill cravings and appetite is a good thing for me. I stopped loosing weight (upping up calories) because i lost enough and long enough. But still its good to control cravings as it will help to remain on a certain weight.

Not to put this in a endless discussion but why are you saying people can't loose weight while you are loosing it and have been for a while. It just really confuses me I would say your doing fine, and you did it by limiting what you eat. I just don't like the we are all doomed and its all out of our control kind of thing.

I believe we are masters of our own destiny (not only in weight loss) but in everything we do (within reason). Everyone has the power to improve himself in whatever area they want if they put enough time and effort into it. I still can't write or read Thai but i know if i put more effort in it (a lot) i could.

I just don't buy into the you can't change your too dumb, your to slow, your body burns not enough ect ect. I just believe with hard work you can improve but it might be harder for one then for others. I accept i won't beat lance Armstrong or compete in a bodybuilding match (never my intention in the first place) but within certain limits everyone can improve but at whatever they want to improve it usually never goes effortless.

You don't have to reply to the last part, lets see how this works.

So far my experience does not mirror that of JT maybe my hunger is always more present im not sure. It might dull it a bit but so far no real noticeable differences. I will keep it up and see how it goes.

I am making no claims that it will have effects for all people. However, I will make a suggestion. Drink very little water with the pills. Just enough to take the pills. Then drink no water until you eat. Don't drink a lot of water until well after eating. Also I don't think 30 minutes before is ideal. I suggest an HOUR is better.

So far my experience does not mirror that of JT maybe my hunger is always more present im not sure. It might dull it a bit but so far no real noticeable differences. I will keep it up and see how it goes.

I am making no claims that it will have effects for all people. However, I will make a suggestion. Drink very little water with the pills. Just enough to take the pills. Then drink no water until you eat. Don't drink a lot of water until well after eating. Also I don't think 30 minutes before is ideal. I suggest an HOUR is better.

JT in earlier posts i stated already that not everything works for everyone. I try this knowing this i just give my imput and not as a way to get at you if you might think. Like you I also look for solutions to stuff like this that is why i have tried a lot of things and some things do work others don't. What works for me might not work for you and vice versa. I will take your advice and take it an hour before.

I understand. I wasn't taking it personally that you don't feel anything with the pills. In this thread, I am only making claims about my OWN experience. I am also very serious about saying it is very hard to know how safe taking these pills are in the long term.

Back on garcinia, I think it is logical if trying the pills to try for at least a week, full time. Who knows. Maybe part of the effects is having the substance in your bloodstream all the time. You wouldn't be testing that with a quick few meals test.

I have a hunch for me the theory of it being in the bloodstream makes sense. How else to explain eating lunch, not eating dinner, and waking up NOT hungry?

Jt for me ibutramine worked for instance but it had side effects that I did not like others might not have those side effects. I know of quite effective fat burners but again these also have drawbacks. So far i havent found something that works good and has no side effects. But i will still try new things as long as they are not too expensive.

It is true it will work differently for some no doubt.

I am not taking it but as I said my brother who always has had weight problems was interested.

When I mentioned to him JT's post said it was working & cheap he emailed back saying he did in

fact recently try it in the US.

Of course it was more expensive there wink.png

Anyway in his case he said it caused constipation so bad after a week he gave up.

But he had bought three bottles so gave it to his wife who likes it & said it has favorable results

for her.

So it does seem to work for some & not others, Like most things wink.png

Archived