Garcinia Cambogia -- In My Experience, This Stuff Really Works

Jingthing

I have kept my exercise and activity the same (not very much really, could do with more). My DIET is not the same because the supplement is definitely impacting on my satiety levels and as much of the hype touts, reduces emotionally based eating. My emotionally based eating was already pretty low but now even less. The controversy here for me or anyone I think is whether the claims of the "hyperdrive" aspect of garcinia are real or not. In other words, the promoters are claiming if you diet and exercise at a level that would lose you 2 pounds a month, you will actually lose 4 pounds a month with the supplement. I tend to think there is something real about that based on my experience, I wouldn't expect to lose 3.5 pounds a month at my current exercise and diet level without the supplement. I can't prove it of course. Another thing even more dramatic is on a normal diet attempt, by now, I would in the past ALWAYS hit a wall where doing the same thing stopped working, or even started causing weight gain. I call that the body adjusting and fighting you. I feel this insidious effect is NOT happening with the garcinia, that I can keep doing the same thing and it will keep working the same kind of way. That for me, is a HUGE deal, and really the key to any hope I still have that I can actually become not fat. Time will tell of course.

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

JT great that it is working for you, I stopped as it did not work for me, I hope it will work for many ppl. Its always good to hear from people you know have no commercial stake in it.

It is real hard however to atribute certain things to supplements. I had a shoulder injurie (from exercise i presume) it did not go away.. i started taking glucosamine and its gone.. was it natural healing.. was it the glucosamine.. hard to say.

Not discrediting you in any way as you might have kept everything the same as before with only this as change.

In my opinion and i have used much stuff over the years its hard but there is stuff that works.

Currently eating more and i see my weight going down again, however i am taking t4 thyroid medicine at 50mg a day since my thyroid is too low and tests confirmed that for the 4th time or so. Been on it now for a couple of weeks (has a long half life so it takes a while to build up). Could be just normal weight loss or whatever.

I wasn't taking the t4 for the weight loss but for energy as i get tired easy and needed to sleep a lot. Now that has gone too.

But im also supplementing with kelp.. so what is it.. the t4 or the kelp or just some natural thing.

What were your thyroid readings if you dont mind revealing them?

I'm still using the garcinia and still achieving AT LEAST 3.5 pounds weight loss every month.

Maybe that doesn't sound spectacularly rapid.

3-4 pounds a month or 1 a week is actually good & realistic.

All these folks who claim to lose 20 in a month etc are either super large

or losing water not fat.

Most experts agree for lasting changes roughly a pound per week of fat reduction

is realistic

I agree super quick weight loss by drastic starvation dieting is unhealthy to do and much more likely to backfire. Of course, people vary. Super big people tend to lose quite a lot in if they've been eating 5000 calories and switch to 1200!

JT great that it is working for you, I stopped as it did not work for me, I hope it will work for many ppl. Its always good to hear from people you know have no commercial stake in it.

It is real hard however to atribute certain things to supplements. I had a shoulder injurie (from exercise i presume) it did not go away.. i started taking glucosamine and its gone.. was it natural healing.. was it the glucosamine.. hard to say.

Not discrediting you in any way as you might have kept everything the same as before with only this as change.

In my opinion and i have used much stuff over the years its hard but there is stuff that works.

Currently eating more and i see my weight going down again, however i am taking t4 thyroid medicine at 50mg a day since my thyroid is too low and tests confirmed that for the 4th time or so. Been on it now for a couple of weeks (has a long half life so it takes a while to build up). Could be just normal weight loss or whatever.

I wasn't taking the t4 for the weight loss but for energy as i get tired easy and needed to sleep a lot. Now that has gone too.

But im also supplementing with kelp.. so what is it.. the t4 or the kelp or just some natural thing.

ill send a pm I dont like to put everything on the internet.

I'm still using the garcinia and still achieving AT LEAST 3.5 pounds weight loss every month.

Maybe that doesn't sound spectacularly rapid.

3-4 pounds a month or 1 a week is actually good & realistic.

All these folks who claim to lose 20 in a month etc are either super large

or losing water not fat.

Most experts agree for lasting changes roughly a pound per week of fat reduction

is realistic

I have had times that i lost more and times that i lost less. Weight loss is not linear and there are certain hold up points (set points). At least i have noticed that and found i had to put in extra efforts or supplements to break them.

Not going to start a new thread about this, but I think this is kind of funny.

Last night I made a Sechuan hot pot dish for myself for the first time and put in a MASSIVE amount of Sechuan peppers.

In case you don't know, Sechuan peppers in adequate portions make your mouth sizzle like mad and have a famous numbing effect.

People in Sechuan province are basically addicted to the sensation the same way chili-heads are addicted to the physical sensation of eating hot chilies (like me).

Anyway, very few people outside Sechuan are eating Sechuan pepper meals daily of course.

So after my mouth party I thought this is really intense, I wonder what it's doing on the INSIDE, it probably helps with weight loss, all that sizzling!

So I looked it up and indeed traditionally it is seen as being helpful in weight loss! Funny I think.

Someone tell Dr. Oz. All we need is a pill form of the stuff.

BTW, yes it is well known that regular hot peppers speed up metabolism and are in that sense helpful in weight loss.

But Sechuan peppers are entirely different class of food from hot peppers. They technically aren't even peppers, despite the name. They are not hot like hot peppers, they do that other thing, the sizzling and numbing (which combines really well blended with actual hot pepper flavors).

The sources I have read do not mention metabolism in relation to Sechuan peppers so not sure why they think it is helpful and this is probably traditional Chinese herbal medicine lore, but that doesn't mean it's wrong!

• 4 weeks later...
Hi, I just wanted to say that I’m having success with Garcinia Cambogia Extract in weight loss. I've been taking Garcinia Cambogia for two weeks and I’ve lost 7lbs in my first week. Now I have a decreased appetite and I have more energy. I also think that knowing I’m taking these pills is assisting my own personal motivation with exercise.

JT, i still got a few pots here as they did not work for me. Are you still going down in weight ? Just curious

Yes, slowly and steadily as before. 3.5 pounds a month. Like clockwork.

I am happy for you .. just shows what works for one does not work for an other i hope this thread has helped many.

• 1 month later...

Another update. Still on track at 3.5 pounds weight down per month. This month I wasn't sure I would make it and was resigning myself to adjusting my expectations to be closer to 2 pounds per month, but it turns out, still on track.

For me, the PSYCHOLOGICAL change has been rather remarkable.

Two of my more common "sin" foods were gelato and pizza.

Since I started the garcinia, I haven't had either once. I've thought about it. On an abstract level I supposed I want them, but when push comes to shove, I just don't feel like I NEED to.

I've actually stood at gelato stands to "test" my feelings about it. I haven't even gotten close to wanting to order.

On pizza, I've thought about calling for a pizza a few times. Then I realize the feeling just isn't strong enough to do it.

The kicker is you would think I would feel deprived. Not having something I used to really love. I do not. I can't explain it.

I don't think I've mentioned this before, apologies if I did, but another general pattern has emerged that I think is a huge reason this is working diet-wise.

Before the garcinia, I did love vegetables already.

But NOW I feel a strong urge to eat large portion of vegetables each and every day. If a day goes by without at least one meal with lots of veg, I'm not happy.

I used to love fresh fruit a lot. I still do.

But NOW I eat a lot less fresh fruit. It's replaced by vegetable. It's not so much a conscious decision. I CRAVE the veg. I do not CRAVE as much fruit. Fresh fruit is of course good but too much not so good. I think it's hard to eat too much veg unless you mess it up with fats.

Pounds are stacking up JT nice work. I am trying Ja Buk to see if it works or not basically it is a fiber that should expand in your stomach giving you a full feeling. Not sure if it will or not. So far the only thing that really worked on my was sibutramine but it had nasty side effects so i stopped it. (I could not sleep good on it) But it was highly effective

Now I am only maintaining weight but I might decide for an other cut a bit later to get even lower in body fat so now I am testing things that might counter cravings.

JT, not to get too personal but were to fairly overweight to start with? I guess I'm trying gauge 3.5 lb/monthly lose and whether it depends on how overweight a person is? Would it be possible to ask for your starting, current and target weights?

I don't use any supplements but recently starting "juicing" some of my meals (breakfast and/or dinner - especially dinner) and have dropped some weight but am interested in trying yours or this ja buk thing.

I am clinically obese (was never as fat as morbidly obese) and if I am so fortunate as to keep up this pace (not guaranteed) I will be reaching "just overweight" in early 2014.

Or perhaps an average American. We are 1/3 obese, 1/3 overweight, and 1/3 normal or underweight.

To add another thing.

If you try this supplement and you don't notice a rather dramatic change in:

-- your psychological relationship to food

-- your appetite (it should go down)

-- your CRAVINGS patterns (they should be greatly diminished)

-- your portions

-- the types of foods you now tend to want to eat changing to more beneficial types

I would say, forget it! The pill is NOT magic.

Well, to put it another way, it HAS been a kind of magic for me because it's changed all those things. But if it doesn't, I just don't see how doing the same things as before is really going to result in weight loss if it didn't before.

To add another thing.

If you try this supplement and you don't notice a rather dramatic change in:

-- your psychological relationship to food

-- your appetite (it should go down)

-- your CRAVINGS patterns (they should be greatly diminished)

-- your portions

-- the types of foods you now tend to want to eat changing to more beneficial types

I would say, forget it! The pill is NOT magic.

Well, to put it another way, it HAS been a kind of magic for me because it's changed all those things. But if it doesn't, I just don't see how doing the same things as before is really going to result in weight loss if it didn't before.

JT, it did not work for me but there is almost nothing magic, especially if it does not have side effects. Its good that this helps for some.

Nobody ever said it works for everyone. Actually, pretty much nothing works for everyone.

JT, I did not claim that at all I am happy it works for you and others. If something works its good, my experience is that the more side effects something has the more likely it works (unfortunately) But this and the ja buk that I am taking has no side effects. The Ja buk seems to work a bit for me.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'd like to post an update to my experiences with garcinia cambogia.

Against the general advice one might find on the net, I have not taken a break from taking it for even one day since I started.

I did go through a period early of taking 5 or 6 pills a day but found side effects with that so now I'm strictly on 4 pills a day for a long time. Except when I skip a meal because of not being hungry.

Generally, three meals a day as follows:

Breakfast -- 1 pill

"Lunch" -- 2 pills (generally the biggest meal of the day for me

Third meal -- 1 pill

As one might expect the RATE of results is not what it used to be.

Now for some months now, I am getting a loss of only ONE KILO monthly.

This is slower than I would like although I was never interested in rapid weight loss, this is REALLY slow.

On the other hand for a person with a lifetime obesity condition (I first became obese at AGE 5) and the typical yo yo thing over the decades, I consider the fact that I am losing ANYTHING now and NOT gaining back any weight to be good results for me, considering.

Even with these slow results I am still getting the pleasure of fitting into SLIGHTLY smaller and smaller clothes over time. As some might know, shopping for big f-rang sized clothes offers limited options in Thailand. Slowly, I am finding more options in clothes to buy and then there is the growing collection of "fat clothes" some of which I have given away to my housekeeping lady (who asked for them for a relative).

Looking in the mirror now ... really not so bad anymore, though I'll still hold off on the male model career dreams.

Before my first level goal was BMI non-obesity by early next year. Well, I am still getting there, but now the timing seems more like March or April.

I feel anxiety about traveling because a few weeks of social fun eating could easily put on 5 kilos which now represents five months progress! I am hopeful that this could be prevented with the garcinia but I have not tested this as yet.

My overall impression is that for me garcinia is still a kind of minor MIRACLE. As I've explained I am lifetime obese person so I have never known all my life how a normal weight person really feels, any more than a lifetime normal weight person could ever know how an obese person feels.

HOWEVER, in my imagination, with the garcinia I think probably I feel much more like a normal weight person.

Here is an example why.

Today you could say I had a bad day, food-wise.

For my bigger lunch meal I was at a restaurant and ordered two dishes I hadn't tried before. They weren't especially rich but the PORTION for one of them was huge (for me now anyway not for the old obese brain me) but delicious and I ate it all. Yes, it was yummy.

I realized then I wouldn't be eating much for my third meal (which I eat very late). Well because of the garcinia, I will not be eating ANY third meal tonight, not because of "will power" but because I'm bloody NOT HUNGRY!

Normal weight people often say I'm not hungry for dinner because I ate a big lunch. My obese brain NEVER said that. Not ever. Because I was hungry and having eaten a large lunch wouldn't change that.

I say it was a bad day food-wise because nutritionally the food I had wasn't complete enough, no large portion of VEGETABLES (which I try to do every day).

But with the garcinia a bad day nutritionally doesn't trigger a relapse into overeating and because of the skipped meal, I doubt I'll gain weight today.

Skipping meals is bad I think, once in awhile OK of course.

So overall this is a hopeful situation for me, BUT I am concerned that the garcinia is a CRUTCH. At this rate, I would be afraid to stop it ... ever.

I should also mention I am also drinking -- green coffee extract -- though I'm sure most of the benefits I am getting are linked to the garcinia.

- snip -

I feel anxiety about traveling because a few weeks of social fun eating could easily put on 5 kilos which now represents five months progress! I am hopeful that this could be prevented with the garcinia but I have not tested this as yet.

- snip -

Had the same feeling after loosing a lot of weight and going on a holiday, i was so obsessed i took my bathroom scales with me. Crazy.. sure.. but i did not gain on the holiday actually lost a bit because of all the extra swimming.

Not so strange to worry about gaining the weight back that you successfully put off. Normal feeling id say.

When can I expect my royalty check from the Garcinia Cambogia cartel?

Just joking.

I continue to be amazed at how well this stuff works for me.

I know some people have mentioned the placebo effect before but I think in this case for me: NO WAY!

I am a person who has dealt with obesity all my life and I have tried many many things, also many things making all kinds of claims.

NOTHING even remotely close to actually WORKING for me like this stuff. As I said, it's my feeling that with GC my brain now responds similarly to a lifetime normal weight person, not a lifetime obese person. It's clear to me something biological is happening now in the signals to my brain about hunger, satiation, and even the TYPES of food that I crave.

I don't even WANT a gelato anymore. I don't even WANT a pizza. I WANT broccoli. Yes, it's weird but I'm not complaining.

I really think everyone with a weight problem should at least try this stuff out. For all I know only one percent of people respond to it as I have, but if you're in the one percent, then ...

Your good results are encouraging!

So, to the point: where can I buy Garcninia Cambogia in Pattaya? Any picture of the box? How much should it cost?

Thanks!

This post has a picture:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/621312-garcinia-cambogia-in-my-experience-this-stuff-really-works/?p=6142934

Both lower level pharmacies at Central Mall have it, 130-135 baht per bottle.

Take the pill(s) at least 30 minutes before eating with water.

Some say one hour is better.

Be clear that yes I am having wonderful though slow results in weight loss and a change in my psychological relationship with FOOD, frankly, it will be years before I can say this supplement has provided me with a long term success. I am still obese. My first goal is just "overweight" (that is in sight now) and yes I do have the longer term goal something close to an insurance chart normal weight. Then to stabilize. For life. So I am very far from knowing and I don't think anyone can provide any credible scientific studies as yet of such long term successes on GC. So I am a guinea pig with this and if you try it, you will be too.

BTW, I do think it is a good thing to have ambitious goals but I think it's a bad thing to be unrealistic about the TIMING of such goals.

Thanks Jingthing I'll try to find it and give it a try!

Do you actually mean "Central Festival" mall between Beach Road and 2nd Road?

Indeed I did.

Caution should be taken if you use prescription meds.

At least take them at DIFFERENT TIMES to minimize mixing issues.

You should check with a doc about that who will likely know nothing about it!

What I'm getting at here is there might be some kind of medical risk with this stuff LONG TERM. I am betting it's a minor risk but I don't really know.

How about eating the fruit itself?

My wife used to eat these everyday when it was the right season and 20 bahts/Kg at the local market. Now it's 100 baht/kg but it's only temporary, it will go back to 30 or 20 bath per kilo in a few weeks/months.

Anyway I went to 3 different pharmacies here in Jomtien and they didn't have this item. 2 of them had garcinia from a different brand for 300 bahts for a really tiny box. One of the pharmacist had no idea what it was although it is a Thai product made in Thailand! By the way I had the wife write the name in Thai as per shown on the picture posted above.

I'll try to go to Central hopefully tomorrow ;)

Archived