Garcinia Cambogia -- In My Experience, This Stuff Really Works

Jingthing

You'll have no problem buying this product where I said. Also these pills are NOT expensive (in Thailand anyway).

Eating the fruit makes no sense. You can't control the actual dosage that way. With the pills you know the amount of the active ingredient you are taking everyday, it's an acid. Also you'd be eating that one fruit (calories) before every meal. Yes fruit is good but the same fruit all the time? I think not.

Eating the fruit wouldn't be a real test of whether you get an effects from this, too many variables.

I ain't a doc but I suggest trying this with all meals for a few weeks to see if you notice any effects as some believe it has to build up in the blood to start working.

I suggest 4 pills a day as does the bottle. Not more and probably not less if you want to do a real test.

Look not only for weight loss but any changes in satiation and CRAVINGS.

For an example if now you're the type of person that would feel desire for a cupcake, see how you feel looking at a cupcake after two weeks on the garcinia. If you still crave it as much as before, I'd say it's not very powerful for you.

If you eat starches now like bread and pasta, see if you feel full eating 1/2 or less of the same starches with the garcinia, or not.

Everyone's different and this definitely will not work for everyone.

BTW, I reckon you think this is standard brown mangosteen.

NOPE:

post-37101-0-28647500-1383158128_thumb.p

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've said it all along, it's clear garcinia doesn't work for everyone, and it certainly doesn't work for people who think they can still eat anything and everything they might desire in large quantities! Magic, it's not.

Although, IF the supplement is working for you, you will not be having excessive desires. If you do, it's not working for you.

However, that said, I think I've found a clue that it might just be helpful for quite a large percentage of people who give it a fair try.

No, this isn't scientific, but check out these review stats from amazon.com on a big selling garcina brand:

Over 3600 votes for 4 or 5 stars (highest ratings)

Only about 700 votes for 1 or 2 stars (lowest ratings)

That's pretty dramatic.

BTW, there are many written reviews pro and con but I really love this one:

http://www.amazon.com/Reviewed-Garcinia-Cambogia-GUARANTEE-Featured/dp/B00AC4DYWA/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1385048350&sr=8-2&keywords=Garcinia+Cambogia

I have read the negative reviews out there. My, oh my, sure glad I didn't listen to them. Listen fat people (like myself), supplements like drugs, are not a 'one product fits all' experience. I want to speak to the people out there that have fought weight all their lives, like me.

I am 68 year old woman who has been fat for 60 years. I have tried every diet and exercise program that has come down the pike. My experience through out all these trials and tribulations, has been that I am HUNGRY ALL THE TIME! This review is not for people who can lose weight if they 'just put their mind to it.' I'm glad for you. You are blessed.

This review is for people like me, who do everything they tell you to do, and the weight doesn't come off. This review is for people who have ALWAYS restricted their calorie count, with minimal results. This review is for fat people who watch their skinny friends eat like a bird and tell you how FULL they are, and leave food on their plate. You have not only eaten your portion, but you would devourer everything they left, if you could get away with it, unnoticed. You know who you are. Then there is the guilt, the shame. Your a pig! You deserve to be fat! Right? Wrong! You are just HUNGRY!

I have now used two bottles of this product over two month's time. I waited to review because I feel that it takes awhile for anyone to experience results with a supplement. I can now tell you that this product diminishes my appetite. This product allows me to stay on 1200- calories- a- day diet. Could I eat 3000 calories a day and lose weight? I think not. Does this product make you feel so full that you can't stand the sight of food? No! This is not meth folks, this is a healthy supplement.

Some of those negative reviews are a scream. " tried this product for two weeks, ate everything I could get my hands on, and didn't lose a pound, I even gained weight!" Really? No kidding. I say to these people, Well, I guess this product doesn't work for YOU. Move on.

Seriously folks, if you are someone who is willing to restrict your calories, exercise and take this product two to three times a day, you might experience results that you have never had before. I say MIGHT, because it may not work for you. If you think that a majority of the problems of diet failure has been related to appetite control, then I strongly recommend giving this product a shot. Commit to two months. I know you have spent hundreds of dollars over the years on trying to lose weight. So, what's another $60, right?

I have not lost 10, 20, 30 pounds in one month as some reviews tout. BUT, I have consistently lost a pound a week. That is amazing, considering my life experiences of watching the scale stay stuck or move up, despite my efforts!

About that one negative review of BEING AWARE OF FIVE STAR FAKE REVIEWS. Now, why would anyone give a fake review to get a free product that is worthless? Duh!

I buy a lot of products from Amazon. I base my purchases on the reviews customers give. I try to build a good reputation on giving honest, helpful reviews myself. I trust this is one of them.

• 3 weeks later...

Wish it worked better for me, but as JT said it can't work for every one. Happy that at least it works for a few people.

That is correct. It doesn't work with everyone. However, for people to give it a proper test:

1. Try to get a legit product. There are products out there that actually are not derived from the fruit and just use another way to produce the active acid.

2. Take the pills at least 30 minutes, preferably an hour before eating any major meal.

3. Take an adequate dose. (See the bottle.) Maybe even try a little higher than the suggested dose on the bottle. A study has indicated the higher the dose the better the results, and low dosing, no results.

4. Do this for at least a week because some believe the stuff must accumulate in the bloodstream over time to start t work.

5. This is weirder. For the test phase anyway, cut down on excessive FIBER in the diet. There are indications that it works less well for people on high fiber diets.

6. If after a proper test as above, instead of focusing on weight loss, ask yourself have my CRAVINGS lessened, do I feel well satisfied with significantly smaller PORTIONS, or not? If no effect or unusual bad side effects, then just stop.

• 4 weeks later...
Well, it has been some months now using Garcinia Cambogia.

Two pills at least 30 minutes before eating any meal with some carbos in it; in other words, all meals.

My goal has been to lose 3.5 pounds per month.

So far I am bettering that goal.

For me personally, the experience with Garcinia Cambogia has been TOTALLY AMAZING.

Food cravings almost completely gone. No cravings even for life long things like pizza. Appetite -- way down. Hunger -- taking a long time to happen. Have too big a lunch meal? Later, no desire to eat an evening meal at all and waking up the next day -- not famished. Yes I pay attention to what I eat. I do my best mostly to eat foods that I consider healthy, fruits, veg, healthy fats, lean protein, limit the pasta bread etc.

I still do the same very moderate level of exercise I have been doing, religiously.

This pill is NOT magic! You can't take it and eat cakes and never exercise and lose weight but if you are like me you won't even want any cake.

I can still enjoy my delicious foods and the flavor of the food. Just LESS of it and even fewer meals when I skip dinner.

My intention is not to skip dinner by eating less for lunch.

Still adjusting to living with this new low cravings body. Buying fewer groceries so I don't end up throwing out too much. Ordering differently at restaurants.

But the point is that so far, this is no diet. With this pill, I could sustain this way of eating for life.

I know some of you have a moralistic hangup that you don't need help, that is all has to come from some kind of magical will power, or it isn't worth doing. I have the opposite view. Almost all fat people NEED help but the help that has been out there has not been good enough, or safe enough.

Garcinia Cambogia so far for me is good enough. Will it stop working in two months? Possibly, but I really don't think so. I find the effects of it very convincing. They are not diminishing one bit. There is no need to up the dose to get the same impact.

Is it safe enough? I don't know. I do know it is not speedy, and that's good.

If you're interested. Do your own research. Explore how this will impact on your own health situation, etc. to your comfort level. Don't take it because there are so many internet sites saying how great it is or because I am saying it is fantastic. Which I am.

But yes I think it is something fat people should consider looking into.

Cheers.

http://garciniacambogiahca.com/

I have some news about my update but it's quite a complicated story. Because of that, I think it would be best to delay telling this report for about a month because by then I will have more evidence to support it. Maybe earlier if the evidence warrants it, but I think I'll need a month. I don't want to jump the gun.

So people are free to speculate. I don't care. No leaks until I'm ready.

Anyway, I am still using the GC and can share some anecdotes when I went to buy a new bottle recently.

I noticed a group of Russians going for it and grabbing a whole bunch of bottles.

I don't speak Russian of course but I wonder if there is a Russian thaivisa and the GC craze in growing!

Talking to a Thai lady with I think a minor overweight problem (basically a protruding stomach and some fat on her face, not obesity) she asked me if it worked. I said yes it works for me but not for everyone. I mentioned my weight loss on it and she asked how long and when I told her, that freaked her out, because yes it has been quite SLOW. She was clearly the more typical ALL NOW kind of diet pill seeker. I then warned her that it might work but it won't work if you eat the same as before. The pills if they work will make you not WANT to eat as much and also limit your cravings for fattening foods (all true in my case). Then I said, like you're not going to lose weight if you eat a lot of chocolate cake! This was hilarious because she responded, I LOVE CHOCOLATE CAKE (am I psychic?) and I eat it all the time. Amazing she isn't fatter, huh? I then said
-- well the pills if they work will make you not really want chocolate cake anymore. She grimaced. Of course she was a case of wanting magic, the quick fix pill and able to eat exactly the same crap in the same portions as before, and still lose weight. She didn't even WANT to not want chocolate cake anymore. I still suggested she try it, because you never know, it might make her really not want it anymore. Doubtful, but worth a try.

Anyway, have I properly built some suspense?

Expanding a bit on the chocolate cake loving lady, the way she was talking about the cake was kind of classic. It wasn't a greedy for food kind of talk, even with the language issues, she made it very clear to me that she felt PHYSICALLY ADDICTED to chocolate cake. A really extreme case of cravings. I can relate very well to food cravings and physically feeling the need for certain foods, but her expression of addiction was really raw. I actually think she is type of person that would usually be an excellent subject for being helped by GC (its known to be be good for cravings kind of eaters) except for her weird lack of consciousness that there was something NOT RIGHT about her extreme cake craving and something DESIRABLE about being able to kill the cravings.

I know the concept of "food addiction" is an area of controversy, not sure it the same kind of addiction as to heroin, but the way this lady talked, you could have fooled me! I am guessing sugar level related, yes?

BTW, I am still a person who feels "addicted" and physically drawn to certain foods, but these days more like addiction to BROCCOLI than to BURRITOS. Yes, weird!

Expanding a bit on the chocolate cake loving lady, the way she was talking about the cake was kind of classic. It wasn't a greedy for food kind of talk, even with the language issues, she made it very clear to me that she felt PHYSICALLY ADDICTED to chocolate cake. A really extreme case of cravings. I can relate very well to food cravings and physically feeling the need for certain foods, but her expression of addiction was really raw. I actually think she is type of person that would usually be an excellent subject for being helped by GC (its known to be be good for cravings kind of eaters) except for her weird lack of consciousness that there was something NOT RIGHT about her extreme cake craving and something DESIRABLE about being able to kill the cravings.

I know the concept of "food addiction" is an area of controversy, not sure it the same kind of addiction as to heroin, but the way this lady talked, you could have fooled me! I am guessing sugar level related, yes?

BTW, I am still a person who feels "addicted" and physically drawn to certain foods, but these days more like addiction to BROCCOLI than to BURRITOS. Yes, weird!

I am not so sure about addiction to food.. though it does not sound that strange either. I get the urge for some foods at times. Usually i counter it by not having it around in the house. But once i have it in the house and the craving is there.. its bye bye resistance.

I have done my share of drugs (Dutch guy you know) never got addicted does not mean I did not like the effect.

Maybe addiction is not that overpowering stuff you see in movies but much more subtitle. (or is different from person to person)

I am also not so sure about food addiction. There are conflicting theories out there. On the other hand, something like sugar and sugar being a CHEMICAL, I think maybe it is the same thing. I'm not sure it really matters. It's academic.

Personally, I consider myself an addictive personality. I have definitely been addicted to some things in my life in a very physical way. Like COFFEE. I don't think I've ever had a specific food that I've been as physically addicted to as coffee (food addiction for me probably more psychological). However maybe there has been an addiction to starches which of translate into SUGAR, so again, just not so sure, and of course individuals vary.

In any case this lady I was talking to was really coming off as chocolate cake JUNKIE. Little difference in the way she lit up talking about it from a drug addict ... really!

Relating back to GC, I have read a number of places that it has a tendency to work for people with strong food CRAVINGS. I can't feel how all people feel to measure that, but I would qualify for that, being a lifetime food obsessed person, and this lady was like that on STEROIDS.

I am still the same person, still food obsessed, but it's weirdly suppressed with chemistry. Uh oh!

I have some news about my update but it's quite a complicated story. Because of that, I think it would be best to delay telling this report for about a month because by then I will have more evidence to support it. Maybe earlier if the evidence warrants it, but I think I'll need a month. I don't want to jump the gun.

So people are free to speculate. I don't care. No leaks until I'm ready.

Anyway, I am still using the GC and can share some anecdotes when I went to buy a new bottle recently.

I noticed a group of Russians going for it and grabbing a whole bunch of bottles.

I don't speak Russian of course but I wonder if there is a Russian thaivisa and the GC craze in growing!

Talking to a Thai lady with I think a minor overweight problem (basically a protruding stomach and some fat on her face, not obesity) she asked me if it worked. I said yes it works for me but not for everyone. I mentioned my weight loss on it and she asked how long and when I told her, that freaked her out, because yes it has been quite SLOW. She was clearly the more typical ALL NOW kind of diet pill seeker. I then warned her that it might work but it won't work if you eat the same as before. The pills if they work will make you not WANT to eat as much and also limit your cravings for fattening foods (all true in my case). Then I said, like you're not going to lose weight if you eat a lot of chocolate cake! This was hilarious because she responded, I LOVE CHOCOLATE CAKE (am I psychic?) and I eat it all the time. Amazing she isn't fatter, huh? I then said

-- well the pills if they work will make you not really want chocolate cake anymore. She grimaced. Of course she was a case of wanting magic, the quick fix pill and able to eat exactly the same crap in the same portions as before, and still lose weight. She didn't even WANT to not want chocolate cake anymore. I still suggested she try it, because you never know, it might make her really not want it anymore. Doubtful, but worth a try.

Anyway, have I properly built some suspense?

Thanks for the anecdotes. We anxiously await your update.

I use GC but it's one with a mix of things and it definitely helps me with hunger. I have 500mg 30-60 min before a meal and I eat 50% less. I don't think it has any other effect on me.

I think "just" a 50 percent portion reduction without hunger would be quite amazing for most people!

Really if you're experiencing that I'd put you in the it works for me category.

Yeah, for me the portion reduction without hunger is probably even greater than that. I also doubt the claims that go beyond lowering portion desire and also the cravings cutting (which you don't report but I do) but I'm not really sure. By cravings cutting I mean I can be "hungry" (as much as I feel hungry these days) and look at a case of gelato (which I used to crave) and just admire the colors. Not feel bad or deprived about not ordering. I do that sometimes just for the sport of it!

Like this.

I look and feel nothing!

Just like at a lady go go bar.

post-37101-0-00602800-1389378134_thumb.j

Just found an online Thai site that has it. thaiherbalproducts

Thanks for the link, I just ordered some, will give it a trial.

It cost AU$10 to send to Australia.

My weight loss program was going good, then for no apparent reason I hit a plateau and I haven't been able to lose any weight for over two weeks even though I'm having less kj each day.

Excuse me for doing something rather unorthodox here and posting a link to an over the top diet supplement ad:

Warning -- you may not want to open the link because you have to click on a Leave This Page popup to exit it.

http://www.allconsumerhealthnews.com/0196/index.php?c1=0196xxx0008n&c2=rotator-0196#.UtZZZ9KSxZA

but I think I have a good reason.

Important Note: I am NOT endorsing this ad or the sensationalist promotional techniques it uses!

Move Over Weight Watchers, a new dietary supplement combination has doctors raving. Due to its almost unbelievable results, it has also created quite a frenzy among dieters. The unique combination of Garcinia Cambogia, a fat burning extract from a rare tropical fruit, and Green Coffee Beans is so effective it has become one of the hottest diets in the United States - But not without controversy.
Critics say the compounds - hydroxycitric acid, or HCA (the extract from the Garcinia Cambogia fruit), and
GCA (Green Coffee Chlorogenic Acid Extract) - cause such dramatic weight loss that they are ripe for abuse by people who only want to lose weight for cosmetic reasons. Proponents of the nutrients claim that they have been proven by scientific studies to be effective and safe, and that banning the natural compounds would be akin to banning vitamins.

The ad shown refers to a new trend ... COMBINING garcinia cambogia and green coffee extract.

I kind of thought I had the idea myself, but heck, it's now apparently a trend. Go figure!

I have been doing that but making my own green coffee extract, so it's hardly a controlled thing for the green coffee part of it.

The main reason I have raised this subject is that I have some significant DOUBTS about COMBINING these two things. I will go into more detail later along with links when I post about my personal report experience.

I don't have any doubts that GC can work (with good stuff and sufficient dosage) and work dramatically ... on its own ... for SOME people ... but obviously not all people.

I have no opinion or experience about the effectiveness of green coffee beans on their own, but I wouldn't be surprised if in the proper dose (hint) that they also work for some people.

Thanks for posting that negative info about GC. Such balance is well appreciated. I am not posing as a GC pusher. However, that doesn't change my personal perception of the dramatic effects of GC for me. I would be concerned about reports about health dangers from it though.

Also note that article seems to be about some older studies and not mentioning some more recent positive studies which conflict with those findings. But I haven't looked at it closely but I did find that so far.

You know, there aren't any studies of people using it LONG TERM like me. I'm a bit on the cutting edge with that. I think within some years we'll know more as I imagine there are millions of users now.

Thanks for posting that negative info about GC. Such balance is well appreciated. I am not posing as a GC pusher. However, that doesn't change my personal perception of the dramatic effects of GC for me. I would be concerned about reports about health dangers from it though.

Also note that article seems to be about some older studies and not mentioning some more recent positive studies which conflict with those findings. But I haven't looked at it closely but I did find that so far.

You know, there aren't any studies of people using it LONG TERM like me. I'm a bit on the cutting edge with that. I think within some years we'll know more as I imagine there are millions of users now.

It works for brothers g/f and she is certainly not gullible. The same tablets (gave them to her) did not work for me. So I am not surprised it could show the stuff not to work. I think it needs certain people and situations to work.

There is no one cure it all solution. (would make it so easy if there was)

For people trying this out be sure to give it a fair test. Full dosage. Take with ample water an hour before meals. Do this for at least a week. By then you will know if there is a reduction in cravings and increase in satiety.

Sent from my Lenovo S820_ROW using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I found a couple of videos on the product - both in suport. Difficult to say if they're unbiased or mildly disguised shills.

Does anyone know if the caveats lised below are worth considering before buying?

4 IMPORTANT POINTS TO KNOW BEFORE YOU BUY:

1. Either its Certified or Fake...Go for certified products only.
2. Formulas with various additives, especially ephedrine, are a big NO.
3. Make sure that countries of manufacturing are either from North America or Europe.
4. Talking sense, the product is a little expensive, so if you happen to find a bottle as cheap as $17, it could only be a duplicate or Chinese product. Look for other supplements that are genuine, certified and not too cheap to strike a "too good to be good" kind of a deal.

I don't take that very seriously. Trying to get Americans to spend more in America. Maybe you do need to there, maybe you need to spend much more to get decent GC, it wouldn't surprise me. Yes there is fake Chinese product that doesn't use the fruit source. I think the local Thai made product really is made from local Thai FRUIT is legit. No, I am not a chemist. If you are, please test it and report back. The source fruit which may be very expensive in America or Chinese is CHEAP here, so why bother faking it.

Yes the active ingredient, the ACID can be derived from the fruit or made artificially and yes of course you don't want the artificial stuff.

Of course, who knows what percentage of product out there is crappy and how that might skew the results people are getting, pro or con.

I don't take that very seriously. Trying to get Americans to spend more in America. Maybe you do need to there, maybe you need to spend much more to get decent GC, it wouldn't surprise me. Yes there is fake Chinese product that doesn't use the fruit source. I think the local Thai made product really is made from local Thai FRUIT is legit. No, I am not a chemist. If you are, please test it and report back. The source fruit which may be very expensive in America or Chinese is CHEAP here, so why bother faking it.

Yes the active ingredient, the ACID can be derived from the fruit or made artificially and yes of course you don't want the artificial stuff.

Of course, who knows what percentage of product out there is crappy and how that might skew the results people are getting, pro or con.

Again one of those rare moments I agree with JT.

I doubt the stuff here is a problem, don't forget the fruit grows here hence the lower costs.

It did not work for me but the same tablets worked for my sister in law (I gave them to her when they were here for a holiday and she is using it now back in the Netherlands)

In general I am quite skeptical of supplements and i tried loads of them.

As for ephedrine.. give me more please.. love the stuff for a good workout.. but of course its no longer legal and only advisable for healthy people. Many report it kills appetite (again not on me) not even . But ephedrine with caffeine and aspirin is a tried and tested bodybuilder weight-loss drug and gives a great workout but illegal and much higher risk as the Garcinia Cambogia

Archived