Furniture And Electrical Goods

pwllgrgn

Hello

Where are the best places in Chiang Rai to buy good quality furniture and electrical goods? :o

There are 2 good places. One is like mumbojumbo says a few kilometers south of "Little Duck" or if you like, "BigC". It is Ecolux and located on the super highway. To get there you go down south the super high way after the traffic light you make the first possible u-turn and then it is there in a few hundred meters.

The other place is halfway between the regional bus station and the super highway. I cant remember what it is called.

Gurantee is not the same koncept as in our western culture. Here you often need to negotiate both when purchasing and when accidents happen.

PS: Stay away from the expensive desk chairs. The leather is crap.

There is a third place. It is located on the super highway. You go towards the airport. I cant remember whether it is before or after, but just around there. Look for a yellow sign saying index. It is on the same side as the airport and on the super highway.

There is a third place. It is located on the super highway. You go towards the airport. I cant remember whether it is before or after, but just around there. Look for a yellow sign saying index. It is on the same side as the airport and on the super highway.

That must be Makro. Cheap enough even if you don't have a member card. Yimsawat's service has been great to me for over 6 years - a big recommendation given for that! North of the main market, and along the road which would be Pahonyothin if it didn't turn east at Partu Siri intersection (4 Lens tour, the Honda place, CR Books) are inexpensive furniture places good for bed frames and clothes cupboards (used to be anyway, haven't checked lately, but that's where I got mine on the advice of a way savy professinal local). The Indian guy going Wat PraKaeo way from the main market can be bargained into good deals. For matresses, Big C! For tables, along the highway near Big C. You might look for fixative or laquor of something to coat unfinished wood - it gets tiny insects...

That must be Makro.

It is not makro I refered to.

They have got probably the best madresses and high quality furnitures for offices. It is a small index shop. It has been some years since I have been there and my memory is not clear at all.

Kind Regards

Potter

That must be Makro.

It is not makro I refered to.

They have got probably the best madresses and high quality furnitures for offices. It is a small index shop. It has been some years since I have been there and my memory is not clear at all.

Kind Regards

Potter

It is before the airport on the right side almost opposite a big ESSO station that opens and closes. gotta do a U. They have Sealy mattresses. Go south a little next to the little ESSO and their is a shop that sells basically cheap stuff, but can order you anything, and usually gives frarang good discounts, and has good english.

It is before the airport on the right side almost opposite a big ESSO station that opens and closes. gotta do a U. They have Sealy mattresses. Go south a little next to the little ESSO and their is a shop that sells basically cheap stuff, but can order you anything, and usually gives frarang good discounts, and has good english.

Yes Mumbo, you are right. I also heard good stories about this one. I mean the shop of course, not the gasoline station that opens and closes :D:D

Some other idea's:

Coming from Maechan you pass the big checkpoint. Some kilometer further after the big curve and also on the left side there is a little restaurant where they sell these delicious chicken cooked or burned or whatever in rice chaft.

Some kilometers after that, again at the left side (not sure if it is in Ban Huay Khian already) you might see some big chairs exhibited at the roadside. Just a few, easy to pass by without noticing them. They are made of very thick bamboo. Good workmanship.

A nice modern design, very strong and stuffed with the right pillows very comfortable.

And, what I hear, not expensive at all.

Coming close to Chiang Rai on the superhighway you will see a lot of shops selling rattan furniture.

Many different kinds of design. Good quality and strong as well. Halve the price you would pay in Bangkok for it (so what?).

Yiemsawath has a big furniture department as well. Some of the designs are so extremely ugly and kitchy (imho) that it will heart your eyes to look at them. So wear sunglasses before entering the backside of the shop and before going uppstairs.

But good for bookshelves and office furniture.

Almost the same assortiment concerning electrical goods you will find in another big shop along the superhighway. It is at the townside close to the intersection Si Mun (?), so almost opposite the road to Wiang Chai. A little parking place in front and some of these moving airthings outside to catch your attention. So somewhere between Mitsubishi and Mengrai monument.

If I am well-informed this shop gives good service (transport, installation and, eventually, repair).

I am not sure if Yiemsawath has a service center.

Limbo :o

There is also the question of what to buy!

Here in Pattaya one is generally advised to buy a product that has some local support.

If it needs warranty service after a couple of months many brands have to be shipped to Bangkok for service, and I get the impression that will be down to the buyer to organise, whereas some like Samsung have a local service centre.

Always buy the brand with the most local service, otherwise any guarantee is virtually worthless.

Hello

Where are the best places in Chiang Rai to buy good quality furniture and electrical goods? :o

I’ve always had good luck at Thaweeyont (?), opposite The Golden Triangle Inn, with TVs, Stereos and small appliances. They deliver and repair as well.

:D Mymechew

• 3 months later...

Surprising are the differences in price sometimes.

Two weeks ago I bought a mobile telephone of the kind of which I never will understand the special feautures (I red the first ten pages in the 92 pages manual before I gave up).

In the electronics department behind the check-outs of Big C it costed 7350 or 6950 Baht, depending on which side of the counter you would buy it (no joke) :o .

Outside the check-outs in one of the about ten mobile shops it costed 6450 Baht.

A price difference of 900 Baht for the same article and under the same roof (12,5 %).

Check out prices carefully. I know an expat who recently bought a ten year old second hand car for about ten percent less than the price it costed new ten years ago. O.K., cars where cheaper at that time, but he paid way too much.

The shop mentioned by Mymechew is indeed known for good service.

Limbo :D

Coming from Maechan you pass the big checkpoint. Some kilometer further after the big curve and also on the left side there is a little restaurant where they sell these delicious chicken cooked or burned or whatever in rice chaft.

Some kilometers after that, again at the left side (not sure if it is in Ban Huay Khian already) you might see some big chairs exhibited at the roadside. Just a few, easy to pass by without noticing them. They are made of very thick bamboo. Good workmanship.

A nice modern design, very strong and stuffed with the right pillows very comfortable.

And, what I hear, not expensive at all.

Limbo :o

Limbo,

that shop that sells these bamboo style chairs!

They sound alright but would you please be able to explain the directions again but as if coming from Chiang Rai not Mae Jan..

Thanks heaps

In the Rai!