Three Phuket Residents Die On Journey To Make Merit

Lite Beer

Three Phuket residents die on journey to make merit
Phuket Gazette -

phuketnews_The_Honda_Civic_slammed_into_
The Honda Civic slammed into a road safety sign warning of a dangerous curve, flipped and landed in a nearby pond. Photo: Kritsada Mueanhawong

PHUKET: Three Phuket residents died and two were injured on their way to make merit for Makha Bucha Day when their car went off the road and landed in a pond in Phang Nga today.

One of the passengers, a five-year-old girl, was thrown from the car and was found dead in the pond water.

“At about 8am this morning, a Honda Civic slammed into a road safety sign warning of a dangerous curve, flipped and landed in a nearby pond,” said case investigator Sornsak Jandee of the Takua Thung Police.

“The three who died in the accident were Narumon Luijan, 50; Jaroon Sukkua, 57; and the five-year-old girl, Chawancha Maharae,” Lt Sornsak said.

“We were told that rescue workers spent about 20 minutes searching for the Chawancha’s body, which was found 10 meters away from the car,” Lt Sornsak added

One of the two injured passengers was Chawancha's mother, Laksana Nuanjui, 33. The other survivor is Sukanya Luijan, 53. Both were rushed to Phang Nga Hospital, Lt Sornsak said.

Mrs Laksana has a broken leg and Mrs Sukanya has internal injuries and is still unconscious, the Phuket Gazette was told by hospital staff late this afternoon.

“They were all relatives heading to Nakorn Sri Thammarat to make merit for Makha Bucha Day with family. The accident most likely occurred because of the wet road and the speed the car was travelling,” he said.

“Since late last year there have been about 10 deaths at this curve,” he added.

Source: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket_news/2013/Three-Phuket-residents-die-on-journey-to-make-merit-20324.html

pglogo.jpg
-- Phuket Gazette 2013-02-25

"The accident most likely occurred because of the wet road and the speed the car was travelling,” he said.

And that is why there will be more deaths at this place.

What he should have said was the accident was caused by the driver driving too fast and he will be held responsible for all the deaths, even if he was one of them.

"The accident most likely occurred because of the wet road and the speed the car was travelling,” he said.

What he should have said was the accident was caused by the driver driving too fast and he will be held responsible for all the deaths, even if he was one of them.

Since roads were first made they get slippery when wet. If people haven't worked this out yet then maybe this is just natural selection at work.

What a harsh words for a terrible accident instead of a 'RIP' for the victims or something like that!

Oops, it didn't concerned farangs, so why bother being compassionate.... IDIOTS!

• Like 1

Speeding over filled cars with unrestrained children bouncing around in the back. See it all the time here. I'm sure many lives would be saved if tv commercials showing the dangers of speeding and not having seat belts on were shown like they are in the West.

Since roads were first made they get slippery when wet. If people haven't worked this out yet then maybe this is just natural selection at work.

What a harsh words for a terrible accident instead of a 'RIP' for the victims or something like that!

Oops, it didn't concerned farangs, so why bother being compassionate.... IDIOTS!

This wasn't an accident and if people like you - and the stupid police - keep pretending that it was the road's fault then more people will surely die here.

• Like 1

Dear JetsetBkk,

Apearently you where there as a witness and can tell us exactly what happened!smile.png

Please enlighten me on what happened and tell me where i went wrong in holding back in putting blame on anyone!

I only refuse to blame anyone without any hard proof. If it was a fellow farang involved in this we probably would be reading stories about a set-up or something like that, but for sure not the finger pointing as it's happening right away now...

I'm not saying that it was the "road's fault" at all (like you're 'accusing' me), just that I don't know what happened with this information and therefor hold back on blaming.

(p.s. driving aroung on a daily base for more than 5 years, damage freethumbsup.gif )

• Like 1

>Since roads were first made they get slippery when wet. If people haven't worked this out yet then maybe this is just natural selection at work.

Try living here for over a decade and see how your compassion is eroded by the sheer stupidity of road users here.

• Like 1