Fishing At Cha Am

dogpoo

Think I have at last worked out how much to fish there using there tackle and fishing one predator rod, day ticket 1500bht tackle hire 1000 bht would rather use my own quality gear!! Sea bait 1500 bht god knows what sea bait could cost this much!! Total 4000 bht if you should run out of sea bait that will cost you another 1500 bht now add the obvious high drink and food charges which makes this a place to avoid if you are on a budget!!

And it took you 5hrs to work that out..!

Obviously you don't want to fish here, so why not just stop typing and go fish somewhere else ?

Think I have at last worked out how much to fish there using there tackle and fishing one predator rod, day ticket 1500bht tackle hire 1000 bht would rather use my own quality gear!! Sea bait 1500 bht god knows what sea bait could cost this much!! Total 4000 bht if you should run out of sea bait that will cost you another 1500 bht now add the obvious high drink and food charges which makes this a place to avoid if you are on a budget!!

Obviously you don't want to fish here, so why not just stop typing and go fish somewhere else ?

I think the point is he will be fishing elsewhere as he is,nt prepared to lash out 4000bht + other unknown costs on a days fishing,

Forums such as this are there for people to air their views and opinions and share information which is exactly what dogpoo is doing.

Edited by tingtongfarang

I think the point is he will be fishing elsewhere as he is,nt prepared to lash out 4000bht + other unknown costs on a days fishing,

Forums such as this are there for people to air their views and opinions and share information which is exactly what dogpoo is doing.

True... The same opinion in 14 posts out of 30+

Time to give it a rest. Just my opinion :)

• Like 1

True... The same opinion in 14 posts out of 30+

Time to give it a rest. Just my opinion :)

Yes you are right time to put this to bed, this is a forum where discussions take place and that is exactly what has been happening here, yes it took along time to work out this venues price tariff( it is still confusing, I have asked quite a few questions regarding the venue they remain unanswered, time to discuss something else elsewhere!! And more importantly fish elsewhere!! Edited by dogpoo
  • Like 2

Blimey! So much excitement about our fisheries price tariff.

Shall I try and draw a line under all of this? (fat chance based on previous experience on this forum)

Having organised fishing trips for thousands of customers over many years we have a very good idea of the likes and dislikes of visiting anglers and the fishery has been designed with those issues in mind and that INCLUDES the price tariff. We also have a very good idea how to protect the commercial viability of our business. Letting inexperienced people stick a hook in a fragile fish for a pitance is not a good business model, and if its not reflected in a fisheries pricing it will soon surely be reflected in its stocking, which has happened to several fisheries now in Thailand with previously excellent stocks of massive fish that now just live off their history. You are correct Dogpoo. Taking your friend to Cha Am for a big Arapaima is an excellent choice. Cha Am fishing Park is one of the best places in the country to visit right now for big Arapaima, AS IS Jurassic Mountain, and the prices are very competitive for that particular target species when compared to say Lake Monsters for BOTH these venues.

Before you can even make such glib comment about being expensive though you have to have the ability to compare Apples with Apples, like most of our paying customers fortunately do, including people who are happy to be open minded and fish ALL venues regardless of price, (yes we have many happy expat anglers too) to find out for themselves what a place has to offer. Dogpoo I am sure you and others with a similar outlook towards tour operators, guides and fishing venues with a farang influence feel you are somehow doing someone somewhere a service with the constant flaming and critiscism of farang business activities in the fishing scene. In truth your misrepresenting the whole Thai Fishing Scene. Thailand has many wonderful low cost, good value Thai Fishing Parks and many people including myself enjoy these places from time to time. That being said many of these places lack the refinement that many anglers are willing to pay a premium for when they visit Thailand on holiday and want to fish, it really isnt any more or less complicated than that, you pays your money and takes your choice.

In an earlier post Dogpoo asked who our membership is aimed at.Well it is in fact aimed at local expat anglers and/or those who spend prolonged periods of time in Thailand fishing, and those who have cared to come and be friendly and polite towards us have in fact enjoyed free memberships.Expats who....if they just sat and worked out the true cost of fishing where they currently fished and then in turn came and talked to us about our membership would find the difference between sitting behind say one carp rod on our fishery and one carp rod on Bungsamran or Cha Am is really negligable (yes we are marginally more expensive than Cha Am, and marginally less expensive than Bungsamran). Having said that our fishery currently is capable of producing up to 20 siamese a day up to 55lb to 60lb....which with the appropriate tackle is good fun to say the least. You simply have to decide what you want and pay for it, its not rocket science!

In the not too distant future we will be fully operational, and ALL COMERS are welcome to our resort. If you dont want to fish for what ever reason thats fine, you cant sit on the terrace and look onto those that are fishing and enjoy a cool beer and no we wont be charging 200BHT for a beer, but you likely wont get one for 60BHT either! So if thats your only agenda go sit elsewhere!

As I said this thread is finished!! and yes you certainly can get a beer for 60bht!., I also said it looks a great resort with big fish, It is not for me and not for many others, this is a forum and I have every right to ask questions, good luck and good fishing!!

Edited by dogpoo

Blimey! So much excitement about our fisheries price tariff.

Shall I try and draw a line under all of this? (fat chance based on previous experience on this forum)

Having organised fishing trips for thousands of customers over many years we have a very good idea of the likes and dislikes of visiting anglers and the fishery has been designed with those issues in mind and that INCLUDES the price tariff. We also have a very good idea how to protect the commercial viability of our business. Letting inexperienced people stick a hook in a fragile fish for a pitance is not a good business model, and if its not reflected in a fisheries pricing it will soon surely be reflected in its stocking, which has happened to several fisheries now in Thailand with previously excellent stocks of massive fish that now just live off their history. You are correct Dogpoo. Taking your friend to Cha Am for a big Arapaima is an excellent choice. Cha Am fishing Park is one of the best places in the country to visit right now for big Arapaima, AS IS Jurassic Mountain, and the prices are very competitive for that particular target species when compared to say Lake Monsters for BOTH these venues.

Before you can even make such glib comment about being expensive though you have to have the ability to compare Apples with Apples, like most of our paying customers fortunately do, including people who are happy to be open minded and fish ALL venues regardless of price, (yes we have many happy expat anglers too) to find out for themselves what a place has to offer. Dogpoo I am sure you and others with a similar outlook towards tour operators, guides and fishing venues with a farang influence feel you are somehow doing someone somewhere a service with the constant flaming and critiscism of farang business activities in the fishing scene. In truth your misrepresenting the whole Thai Fishing Scene. Thailand has many wonderful low cost, good value Thai Fishing Parks and many people including myself enjoy these places from time to time. That being said many of these places lack the refinement that many anglers are willing to pay a premium for when they visit Thailand on holiday and want to fish, it really isnt any more or less complicated than that, you pays your money and takes your choice.

In an earlier post Dogpoo asked who our membership is aimed at.Well it is in fact aimed at local expat anglers and/or those who spend prolonged periods of time in Thailand fishing, and those who have cared to come and be friendly and polite towards us have in fact enjoyed free memberships.Expats who....if they just sat and worked out the true cost of fishing where they currently fished and then in turn came and talked to us about our membership would find the difference between sitting behind say one carp rod on our fishery and one carp rod on Bungsamran or Cha Am is really negligable (yes we are marginally more expensive than Cha Am, and marginally less expensive than Bungsamran). Having said that our fishery currently is capable of producing up to 20 siamese a day up to 55lb to 60lb....which with the appropriate tackle is good fun to say the least. You simply have to decide what you want and pay for it, its not rocket science!

In the not too distant future we will be fully operational, and ALL COMERS are welcome to our resort. If you dont want to fish for what ever reason thats fine, you cant sit on the terrace and look onto those that are fishing and enjoy a cool beer and no we wont be charging 200BHT for a beer, but you likely wont get one for 60BHT either! So if thats your only agenda go sit elsewhere!

I have to say this is a great informative post about fishing in Thailand, the thing to remember is that not all people can fish a venue And not consider all the costs! in choosing a fishery I must consider the venue day ticket price, I must consider the food and drink prices, I must consider the bait prices, I am not wealthy, I live here on a strict budget which I must adhere to otherwise it's inevitable I will have to leave Thailand at some point! I know this is a fact of life and its the have and have not's syndrome, I am not bitter, I accept life as it is, what annoys me most is that every big fishery in this country is geared up for tourists and people like myself are being priced out of something we enjoy a lot. all I can say is thank god for Cha am fishing park and resort, this place is a god send for someone like myself, I can fish here for 200 bht per day and I have the chance of catching a true monster, the predator lake holds true giants and for the same cost as a similar resort in the area, I fully appreciate a business wanting to make a profit but this is at the cost of many dedicated fisherman who can not Afford these big fish resort prices!! It will be a sad day for me if Cha am fishing park and resort jump on this band wagon!! Lets hope they stay sensible, I will continue to make my 9 hour drive 2 or 3 time a year to this park, it's sensational!!

Edited by dogpoo
  • Like 1