Visa From Bkk Update

takahe

I went for Myanmar visa on 26-2-2013.

Suggest reaching the embassy early (they open at 9.00). Otherwise one will be left standing in the blazing sun as the Q stretches out for a long distance into Pan road.

All applicants require a passport copy to be attached - otherwise risk a long walk. Downloading the form from this forum will help too.

Two photographs - one pasted and one clipped on to the appl.

810 baht for third day visa.

If express visa is required, then copy of air ticket must be attached.

Hope this helps.

• Like 1

This has put me off applying for another 6 month ME visa in April, three days before the embassy closes. I think I'll just do the business VOA thing instead at the airport.

Still manageable - just needs some time and patience. If you can do the biz VOA - all the better..

Personally the sooner the e-visa portal is up and running the better - we were promised it back in June last year, but the website still isn't live

I went for a Business Visa last month and will have to do again next month. I was told that I must attend personally, no exceptions, but I saw many agents in each queue with dozens of passports. Anyone know the lowdown on this? I could really do without wasting another day doing this.

I went for a Business Visa last month and will have to do again next month. I was told that I must attend personally, no exceptions, but I saw many agents in each queue with dozens of passports. Anyone know the lowdown on this? I could really do without wasting another day doing this.

You can certainly send someone else to pick up the completed passport for you - I have done this for others on a number of occasions (Business and Tourist visas).

I have also lodged Tourist visa applications for other people too without incident.

However while I haven't actually lodged a business visa application on someone else's behalf myself, I know of someone who has.

Lets wait for some more definitive replies from other members - but I will also follow this up myself directly with the embassy and get back to you as soon as I can one way or another.

You can certainly send someone else to pick up the completed passport for you - I have done this for others on a number of occasions (Business and Tourist visas).

I have also lodged Tourist visa applications for other people too without incident.

However while I haven't actually lodged a business visa application on someone else's behalf myself, I know of someone who has.

Lets wait for some more definitive replies from other members - but I will also follow this up myself directly with the embassy and get back to you as soon as I can one way or another.

Thanks. I saw agents both submitting in the morning and collecting in the afternoon, for business visas, but not sure what kind of 'special relationship' these guys have with the embassy....

• 3 weeks later...

Confirmed - agents CAN do business visa applications on your behalf. Embassy says its better if you have already had a business visa issued previously, although if the paperwork is in order it should be okay. No guarantees on this, just going on info from 2 different people who have had business visas issued on their behalf at the Bangkok embassy.

• 4 weeks later...

Can someone advise me whether can apply Social Visa at MMR embassy in BKK?

Yes you can apply for Social Visa at the Myanmar Embassy in Bangkok.

You can download the form in this pinned topic here - http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/605675-myanmar-social-visit-visa-form-bangkok-embassy-download/

• Like 1

Thanks SVB, It is confirmed? When I applied in Singapore, I've to filled up like a few pages and the form is not the same

CP3 - I know the form is correct, as I did directly ask the person in charge at the embassy a few months ago when I picked up copies of all the forms to post here as downloads.

I don't know what accompanying evidence they will ask for with the form - this might be worth asking.

I imagine there will be other document copies to submit with the form - as to what they are, sorry I can't help.

Anyone else submitted an application for Social Visa (Entry Visa) to the Bangkok embassy previously? Please let us know....

SVB

• 3 weeks later...

I read somewhere online that an invitation letter(Sample at Embassy) from local person and their IC + Form will be needed to apply for SC Visa. Appreciate whoever go to embassy will confirm the information and get a copy of invitation letter.