From Hat Yai Airport To Pak Bara

Harryvb

oops... sorry, I was thinking of the "other P.B.", Pedang Besar... :o

As for Pak Bara, we rode a bus from Hat Yai to Pak Bara on the way to go to Tarutao. The bus took us all the way directly to the pier. I don't believe there is a bus direct from the airport. I'm sure you could get one of the taxis to take you, but it would likely be quite expensive.

As for hotels in Pak Bara, we didn't see much of anything in the town (just a small port town), so you might be better off spending the night in Hat Yai where there are dozens and dozens of places to stay and then take the morning bus down to the pier.

Edited by sriracha john

Probably you ar right , but then i must find a hotel not to far from were the bus is leaving , any ideas , we don't now anything about Hat Yai .

Or is Satun the better town to spend one night and have a evening walk on a market or something ?

brgds

Harry

Satun, for a provincial capital, is a pretty small town. A few dank, budget hotels is about all I saw. I went back there later after Tarutao, but we stayed in a tiny Muslim village outside the town with friends.

Lots of info available on Hat Yai hotels on this and other websites. Give a look around. You're better off staying there with many more price options. Lots of local transportation as well, so no real need to worry about staying close to the bus depot. The bus ride wasn't that long and there were several ferries per day to the islands from Pak Bara so no need to depart at the crack of dawn.

Edited by sriracha john