Where Is Jim?

swissie

I didn't see the post(s). I don't know what happened.

Unlike the West, defamation is a crime in LOS, punishable by prison, so be careful.

Like the West, truth is an absolute defense against defamation. In Thailand, a reasonable belief it is truth is also a defense.

Who needs the hassle?

Like so many others, it's hard for me to believe that someone as valuable to the forums as Jim would be gone for good without warning. I hope it's temporary.

I think you have summed reality up pretty well. There isnt much point looking for answers on a public forum with serious potential fallout. But we are all human, we all have regrets and over-react on occassion, I think most members would be content to see the ban lifted and remain ignorant of the details.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please remember the forum rules.

Just let it be known that members, particularly long standing members, don't get banned for nothing.

Which rule did he break that got him banned?

That can't be discussed - under moderation rules.

I have never quite understood how a discussion on moderation can be a threat to Thai libel laws etc. I think it is just a cop out so you cannot question a mods decision.

Some would say that discussion about moderation is healthy - I would probably share that view.

Silencing critics is so much easier than having to defend yourself.

• Like 2

I didn't see the post(s). I don't know what happened.

Unlike the West, defamation is a crime in LOS, punishable by prison, so be careful.

Like the West, truth is an absolute defense against defamation. In Thailand, a reasonable belief it is truth is also a defense.

Who needs the hassle?

Like so many others, it's hard for me to believe that someone as valuable to the forums as Jim would be gone for good without warning. I hope it's temporary.

I think you have summed reality up pretty well. There isnt much point looking for answers on a public forum with serious potential fallout. But we are all human, we all have regrets and over-react on occassion, I think most members would be content to see the ban lifted and remain ignorant of the details.

That will never happen.

It would require 'forgiveness' - which I don't believe is incorporated into moderation rules.

• Like 1

Though l am saddened by Jims dismissal think you lot must be careful with this topic, don't want to see any of you dispatched. sad.png

Indeed and I believe a veil will, perhaps quite rightly, be drawn over this thread shortly.

No doubt we will see Jim's reincarnation in the due course of time. smile.png

To clarify some posts made after my last;

The removal of this poster has nothing to do with anyone else, he was asked to refrain from posting damaging information & decided against it. There is no chance to discuss the moderation of this poster as it is a personal matter between the poster & moderators.

It is very clear. The poster in question had ample chance to accept the rules & chose not to, he then became a danger to the forum & had to be removed. That it would please other posters to have him back is neither here nor there, only the poster in question can approach admin & only then can a decision to allow his return, or not, be made by the admin of this site.

Every poster has the right to contact a mod or admin if they disagree with a moderation action, we do not allow discussion on the open forum for the obvious reasons but contacting support or a member of the mods team is the correct course, as laid out in the forum rules.

TOPIC CLOSED