' Don't Give All Power To One Family': Thai Interview

webfact

When all unscrupulous, monopolistic families in Thailand are treated the same perhaps? When one family isn't singled out as an upstart by the more established power brokers and the same rules are applied fairly to all perhaps? This would be a good starting point. This article is like Dawn French accuse Jennifer Saunders of being fat, it's a joke.

Thaksin is undoubtedly a rich, morally corrupt, scheming b'stard but he pales in comparison to some of the more established families here who escape public scrutiny, indeed most seem completely above it. The fact that charges have actually been brought against Thaksin is a good indication that he is not among the favoured elite here, who remain above any and every offence and are untouchable by the legal system. A conviction shows that he has trod on some very powerful toes, when else would anyone of his financial standing be held accountable for anything in this country?

Well you are correct on one point Thaksin is not a nice man. For every thing else you have your feet planted very firmly in mid air.

Let me give you a clue the charges against Thaksin were because he was guilty of committing them. As a holder of the office of PM honesty was and is expected from him more so than these nameless supposed mysterious elite.

You like all the other clueless posters refer to these nameless families. the reason you don't name them is because you don't know any thing it just helps you promote your favorite morally corrupt scheming bastard.

Please do not try to imply that it would be a libelous act to name one of these families. The Shinawatras (Trashiness) have been named countless times and there is no charges against people for doing that.

Ah the voice of Thaivisa reason...

Devoid of any fact or point and the one you've tried to make is mute; There are plenty of people who have been had up on charges for libel in relation to the Shinawatras and other more established families in Thailand. I personally have received thinly veiled threats via PM on TV for mentioning one such family specifically in relation to a dubious land deal. If you have a point to actually make try making it without resorting to childish insults and better still, try making a point that actually has some basis in reality, your last statement is complete BS.

You wish

Dont have to wish for anything, as Thaksin has now gone past his 5 years Political ban the Electoral Commission put on him. According to the other news media, he can vote if he wishes as his family are in that electorate. He could vote absentee if he wished.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dont have to wish for anything, as Thaksin has now gone past his 5 years Political ban the Electoral Commission put on him. According to the other news media, he can vote if he wishes as his family are in that electorate. He could vote absentee if he wished.

As k. Thaksin didn't vote today in the district he was registered in does that mean he may not vote again for another five years?

As k. Thaksin didn't vote today in the district he was registered in does that mean he may not vote again for another five years?

It does not stop him for voting for another 5 yrs, as he has been released from his Political Ban. I dont know if he voted today or not, do you.

@Gemini 81...You're flat out lying. He is a COWARDLY CRIMINAL who fled his country. He is NOT in exile. Exile means barred. No excuse why a foreigner with any education would support and defend the Shinawatra family. Sad man you are.

No actually it doesn't, not a great start to your rant. While many would class it a self imposed exile (are you familiar with that term?) it's quite clear he and his supporters see it as a forced exile as a result of a politically motivated witch-hunt. Either way exile is a perfectly acceptable definition of his current situation!
He is unable to return to his home country without being imprisoned; that is the very definition of exile!!! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exile Whether he was actually guilty or not has no bearing on his verifiable status as an exile... Jeebus.... and you're an educated foreigner are you?!

Defending the Shinawats? Now clearly I'm not, I've been pretty up front about my feelings there on this very thread in fact, but it doesn't stop certain intellectually challenged critics leaping on my posts in the assumption that I must be pro Thaksin to be critical of the deliberate BS spouted by articles like this. Say Thaksin enough times and it wipes the slate clean for all those families that have raped Thailand for centuries does it?

Sad? No, quite content with my existence and optimistic that one day people will start thinking for themselves rather than conforming to neat little boxes or trying to simplify every situation to either pro / anti, black & white. If only the world was so simple then even the stunningly un or badly educated amongst us, foreign or native, would probably be a bit clearer in their view of the world around them...thumbsup.gif

Yes and the time he is convicted for would be a cake walk with his money to ease the way,

but the rub comes when he has all the 6 OTHER major charges he can not stall but not answering them,

when in jail he will be transported to all the courts and they cases start in earnest.

"Self-Imposed Exile" is a euphemism for "On The Run From The Law" in your how country.

Not so much different than the convicted murderor Kaman Poh who was just recaptured,

Godfather of Chonbury / Pattaya didn't get the free pass, guess he didn't steal enough to

buy off the gendarmerie. Maybe Thaksin has, but he clearly fears those he can NOT buy off.

With good reason, he has burned far too many bridges in Thailand regardless of

electoral numbers purchases.

Thaksin's act is not an 'expat off shore enjoying adventure and the good life',

it is escaping his own actions and trying to blame others for your bad actions.

Edited by animatic

@Gemini 81...You're flat out lying. He is a COWARDLY CRIMINAL who fled his country. He is NOT in exile. Exile means barred. No excuse why a foreigner with any education would support and defend the Shinawatra family. Sad man you are.

No actually it doesn't, not a great start to your rant. While many would class it a self imposed exile (are you familiar with that term?) it's quite clear he and his supporters see it as a forced exile as a result of a politically motivated witch-hunt. Either way exile is a perfectly acceptable definition of his current situation!
He is unable to return to his home country without being imprisoned; that is the very definition of exile!!! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exile Whether he was actually guilty or not has no bearing on his verifiable status as an exile... Jeebus.... and you're an educated foreigner are you?!

Defending the Shinawats? Now clearly I'm not, I've been pretty up front about my feelings there on this very thread in fact, but it doesn't stop certain intellectually challenged critics leaping on my posts in the assumption that I must be pro Thaksin to be critical of the deliberate BS spouted by articles like this. Say Thaksin enough times and it wipes the slate clean for all those families that have raped Thailand for centuries does it?

Sad? No, quite content with my existence and optimistic that one day people will start thinking for themselves rather than conforming to neat little boxes or trying to simplify every situation to either pro / anti, black & white. If only the world was so simple then even the stunningly un or badly educated amongst us, foreign or native, would probably be a bit clearer in their view of the world around them...thumbsup.gif

Yes and the time he is convicted for would be a cake walk with his money to ease the way,

but the rub comes when he has all the 6 OTHER major charges he can not stall but not answering them,

when in jail he will be transported to all the courts and they cases start in earnest.

"Self-Imposed Exile" is a euphemism for "On The Run From The Law" in your how country.

Thaksin's act is not an expat off shore enjoying adventure and the good life,

it is escaping his own actions and trying to blame others for your bad actions.

Mmmmm reminds me of Ronald Biggs, the Great Train Robber.

It does not stop him for voting for another 5 yrs, as he has been released from his Political Ban. I dont know if he voted today or not, do you.

If he didn't vote he can't run. Don't know far what he can't runwhistling.gif but that is the rule I believe.

If he didn't vote he can't run. Don't know far what he can't runwhistling.gif but that is the rule I believe.

He is a criminal so he cant be in politics, full stop.

• Like 1

He is a criminal so he cant be in politics, full stop.

Obviously not that well acquainted with politics then Waza... christ the House of commons in England is full of convicted criminals; 3 members have done time for assault, 29 accused of spouse abuse, 7 arrested for fraud, 9 accused of writing bad cheques, 14 arrested on drugs related charges, 8 arrested for shop lifting, 71 can't get credit cards due to bad credit ratings, 84 arrested for drink driving (in the last year alone) and 21 are currently defendants in lawsuits... out of 635 members that's quite a rap sheet.

I'd venture the opposite; as a convicted criminal Thaksin is ideally suited to a career in politics!

If anyone could compile a similar list of shame for the Thai Government I'm sure it would make interested reading...

• Like 1

In the case of those convicted and having done time, for Thailand, the number is zero in the House and zero in the Senate.

Section 102.
A person under any of the following prohibitions shall have no right to be a candidate in an election of members of the House of Representatives:
(4) having been sentenced by a judgement to imprisonment and being detained by a warrant of the Court

Section 115.
A person having the qualifications and having no any of the prohibitions as mentioned below has the right to be a candidate in an election or selection of senators:
(7) being disfranchised under section 102 (1), (2), (3), (4)

Edited by Buchholz

In the case of those convicted and having done time, for Thailand, the number is zero in the House and zero in the Senate.

Section 102.

A person under any of the following prohibitions shall have no right to be a candidate in an election of members of the House of Representatives:

(4) having been sentenced by a judgement to imprisonment and being detained by a warrant of the Court

Section 115.

A person having the qualifications and having no any of the prohibitions as mentioned below has the right to be a candidate in an election or selection of senators:

(7) being disfranchised under section 102 (1), (2), (3), (4)

Actually given the extremely low incident of wealthy Thais actually being arrested or convicted for any crime, that's not too surprising! Politicians in general have a habit of wriggling out of taking responsibility for their actions and there's a fair few that should be serving hard time in most Governments I'm sure.

If we took the "convicted" part out and focused purely on those that had actually committed criminal acts I expect it would be a different story... and that comment goes for both "sides" in the Thai equation.

"If we took the "convicted" part out and focused purely on those that had actually committed criminal acts I expect it would be a different story."

Please, the sons of Dept. PM Pol. Captain Chalerm are not part of the topic which is onBr />
Ong-art Klampaiboon, the Democrat Party election director, said he hoped Bangkokians would come out in full force to vote for Sukhumbhand Paribatra and relay the message that they do not want the entire country to be controlled by just one family.