Phuket Fishing Park

dogpoo

I fished this place a lot a couple of yrs ago, the prices then were reasonable! Visited this place yesterday and what a surprise, the prices have gone through the roof, 1750 bht to fish for the day, if you want to fish for Red tail catfish they will charge you 2750 bht!! no Arapaima are in this lake, they say there is a 70 kg Mekong I doubt this very much(there web site says 50kg, I saw the biggest Mekong caught there and it was no where near this huge figure, 100 bht for a small beer and 70bht for crisps that cost 20bht outside! Crazy!! all you are going to catch at this lake are Sawi and maybe Pacu(you could be lucky to catch other species using there bread mix, most people fishing this lake will be tourists maybe most will have never fished before so catching anything other than Sawai and Pacu is doubtful, ! yet another overpriced place on this Island!! Just looked at there web site, it says Arapaima have been stocked last year, people told me yesterday the only Arapaima in this lake died!!

Edited by dogpoo

Sadly, get used to it.

As the price of real estate rises, owners look at what they're bringing in from their fishing operations. Then they compare that to what they would bring in if they sold the land to a developer.

Eventually, they either raise prices or sell out. I'd prefer they raise prices than sell out for another condo or factory. I don't enjoy the higher prices, either. But if it's a higher price or no place to fish....

Same thing happens to golf courses all the time.

Legacy properties that have been operating for years may be slower on the uptake because they paid a lot less for the land. Or so far out in the boonies they won't get their price for the land (today), but eventually it's going to happen when developers come calling with their big checkbooks.

Dogpoo, can you share the location of your fishing spot and the charges? I too had stopped fishing at Phuket Fishing Park since years ago. Thks

+1

I will be in Phuket next month for a few days, and that would be reaally nice to find somewhere to fish with reasonable prices.

Do you guys recommend a place like that?

Dogpoo, can you share the location of your fishing spot and the charges? I too had stopped fishing at Phuket Fishing Park since years ago. Thks

+1

I will be in Phuket next month for a few days, and that would be reaally nice to find somewhere to fish with reasonable prices.

There is only one place to fish on Phuket, 1750bht for the day, if you want to fish for the Red tails its 2750 bht thank you vey much!! Nothing much in this lake, but if you want to catch Sawai and Pacu plus be charged 100 bht for a small beer and 70bht for a 20 bht packet of crisps, have a great day!! Not!!

+1

There is only one place to fish on Phuket, 1750bht for the day, if you want to fish for the Red tails its 2750 bht thank you vey much!! Nothing much in this lake, but if you want to catch Sawai and Pacu plus be charged 100 bht for a small beer and 70bht for a 20 bht packet of crisps, have a great day!! Not!!

I go north for fishing!!