Phuket Town To Hat Yai

Stacking Zeds

Hi there folks,

The topic title sums it up. I need to get from Phuket to Hat Yai Airport in a fairly limited timeframe on a Friday afternoon.

Basically I'll be busy in Phuket until 3pm and I have a flight leaving from Hat Yai at 11:59pm. I'll be travelling light because I'll flying back into Phuket on the Sunday afternoon.

Considering I'll probably get away at 3:15pm and need to be at the airport by 11:00pm, does that leave me enough time to get there?

I was looking at getting a silver bus, or if not a car.

Any advice would be appreciated,

Zed

(Apologies for the touristy question but I'm in Japan at the moment and can't ask for myself)

• 2 weeks later...
Hi there folks,

The topic title sums it up. I need to get from Phuket to Hat Yai Airport in a fairly limited timeframe on a Friday afternoon.

Basically I'll be busy in Phuket until 3pm and I have a flight leaving from Hat Yai at 11:59pm. I'll be travelling light because I'll flying back into Phuket on the Sunday afternoon.

Considering I'll probably get away at 3:15pm and need to be at the airport by 11:00pm, does that leave me enough time to get there?

Zed

(Apologies for the touristy question but I'm in Japan at the moment and can't ask for myself)

Sorry if you have already travelled and this reply is useless for you now.

I would be surprised if you make it on time because driving from Phuket town to Hat Yai takes about 8 hours. I've driven from Phuket to Nakhon and that takes almost 5 hours, and I when I drive to Hat Yai it takes 3 hours or so. Good luck.

Hi there folks,

Zed

I would be surprised if you make it on time because driving from Phuket town to Hat Yai takes about 8 hours. I've driven from Phuket to Nakhon and that takes almost 5 hours, and I when I drive to Hat Yai it takes 3 hours or so. Good luck.

Jeez Giselle, you must drive hel_l of a slow! :o Which way do you go?

Phuket to Nakhon in 3 hours. Phuket to Hatyai in approx 5 1/2.

Hi there folks,

Zed

Jeez Giselle, you must drive hel_l of a slow! :o Which way do you go?

Phuket to Nakhon in 3 hours. Phuket to Hatyai in approx 5 1/2.

Thanks for the replies. I've had mixed reports about getting there on time. There's a scheduled minivan that departs at 3:30 and claims to get there by 9:30pm (which would be good enough) however I've been late taking minivans before.

I'm guessing I might have to pull a sickie :-)

• 1 month later...

Hi,

For your info.

By bus from Phuket to Hatyai and vice versa .....

it will take about eight hours by bus (plus stopping for food and drinks).

I repeat it will take about eight hours, more or less.

I have been there a few times before by bus.

However, if the bus travels like the Japanese bullet train,

then the time taken would be different.

Have a pleasant trip.