Hep B Shots In Chiang Mai

Celcius

Sorry, I can't tell you where in Cm to get your shots. But if you are getting Hep B shots you might think about getting Hep A at the same time. This was the advice from a doctor in Australia and I followed it.

I got Hep A and Hep B shots when I first arrived at McCormick hospital. I think it was something like 1000B per course and there were 3 courses over 6 months. But any hospital should have it available.

Thanks!

I had the same experience as CMSteve but at a different hospital. The Hep A and B are combined as one shot. Also, you should consider getting one for typhoid and maybe Japanese encephalitis if you haven't done so already. This was recommended by several medical sources. Again, I think any hospital should be able to provide such. You may want to check out this link from the CDC (USA): http://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/destinations/thailand.htm

Actually, Hepatitis A would be more important than B as you can get Hep. A from food. Hepatitis B usually is contracted by transfer of body fluids (if you're shagging w/o a condom, Hep. B could be the least of your problems). But as the others said, get a combined shot. The others said 3 injections but I was told that the newest vaccines (Havrix - GSK) need 2, no longer 3 injections. I got 2 Hep. A injections a few months apart.

I had the same experience as CMSteve but at a different hospital. The Hep A and B are combined as one shot. Also, you should consider getting one for typhoid and maybe Japanese encephalitis if you haven't done so already. This was recommended by several medical sources. Again, I think any hospital should be able to provide such. You may want to check out this link from the CDC (USA): http://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/destinations/thailand.htm

Tetanus and rabies vaccines are always good to have as well. The rabies vaccine won't keep you from having to have post-exposure treatments but it buys you a little time and also makes the post-exposure treatment a bit easier.

David

• Like 1

You might want to consider changing your doctor if they do not know.

I don't have a doctor in Chiang Mai. If that is what you were inferring.

No I was inferring that Thai Visa is not the place to go to for your health.

I've got some pretty good information here and would beg to differ that it's a great place to start. Thanks for all your helpful input.

• 6 years later...
1 hour ago, Amelia02 said:

My name is Amelia, I want to use this medium to thank Dr. Iyabiye, for saving me from CHRONIC HEPATITIS B.  I surffered this ailment for 3 years, then this fateful day browsing through the internet to see if I could get help, I saw his contact and testimonies of others he has cured. I contacted him for help, and afterwards he administered his medication on me, I was confirmed cured and hepatitis free at the hospital after the treatment. You too can be cured like me if interested, reach him through his contacts: (+2348072229413 or +2348158577300) email: ([email protected])

SCAMMER from Nigeria https://www.signal-arnaques.com/en/scam/view/165329

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1