Buying Bed Linen In Thailand...

jezchesters

Hi!

I was wondering if someone with a bit more local knowledge than me could help me out?

I recently moved into a fully furnished condo, where the cover for the duvet on the bed was non-detachable. Seeing as the whole duvet doesn't fit in the washing machine, I went shopping to buy a new duvet, duvet covers, sheets and pillow cases.

I went to several shopping centres around Siam Square where I managed to find a very reasonably priced coverless king-sized duvet.

However, everywhere I went wanted to charge between 3000 and 7000 Baht for a bed linen set (Duvet cover, sheet and pillow cases). Now that is expensive for anywhere in the world...

Am I just looking in the wrong places? Does anyone know how much stuff like this should cost, and where it can be bought at a more reasonable price?

Thanks in advance!

Jez :o

Sorry, not much help but we normally get ours when we go on holiday. Either Aus or UK. Alternatively the outlet shop ?fly now near pattaya has some good stuff in. I agree that to get any quality stuff you pay through the nose though.

Sorry not to have been too much help :o

Darling Deluxe

GLOBALIKOTTON

HOTEL BEDSHEET

100% COTTON COMB YARN : 200 THREAD COUNT PERCALE

KING FLAT SHEET 108" x 110" (274 x 279 cm)

white, seamless

When I remember right 5 or 6- Pack under 3000 ฿ bought at Makro :o

Patex

I bought my summer weight duvet with me from England, and a good supply of covers/pillow cases. I only use the duvet in the winter, the rest of the year I sleep on or under the cover depending on the weather. Good quality percale sheets are not too bad pricewise from Tesco (where I bought mine), Makro, places like that. If you want to pay through the nose then shop at the high end stores!

Tesco Lotus sells bed linen around the 500baht mark.

I recently bought a new bed (king size) and had to replace all my bed linen, cost me 1200baht for two bed sets and two pillows (only cheapo pillows cos im tight)

yes that does sound expensive, shop around

This is not about the price , but as the subject is bed linen:

Can anybody help with an address where I can buy Extra King (fitted)!!

I looked everywhere.

I have 7 sets that I bought in Indonesia,but most of the colors are not nice so I like to change.

I looked everywhere.

I have 7 sets that I bought in Indonesia,but most of the colors are not nice so I like to change.

Honestly try Tesco Lotus :o

totster :D

I looked everywhere.

Honestly try Tesco Lotus :D

totster :D

Thank y'all!!!

I'll head down to Lotus and get it sorted!

Cheers again!

Jez :o

Go to Tesco Lotus..

You can get a kingsize set.. bed sheet, pillowcases, bolster cases for between bt400 and bt800

totster :o

Cheers Totster!

Went to Tesco Lotus and there were plenty of 5 piece sets (sheet, 2xpillow case, 2xbolster). You can also buy a matching lightweight duvet with a non-removable cover.

The thing is, those duvets won't fit in my washing machine, so I'm looking for a bed set that includes sheet, pillow cases and duvet cover. I can't find anywhere that sells the duvet cover!

Any ideas?

Cheers!

Jez

• 1 month later...

Tesco Lotus has NO Extra King size.

Still don't know where to buy in Thailand.

Gladly like to go to BKK as long as I know where to go.

Extra King = 200 cm x 200 cm( 6.8 x 6.8)

King = 180 x 200 (6 x 6.8)

its also hard to find 100% cotton ones too. i found that many contained some polyester which is horrid for sleeping on.

i got sheets at chatuchak. they were 100% cotton and came up well after washing. i am sure that they have covers too.

From what I have observed, most Thai people do not use duvet covers. That's why most duvets are printed with an attractive (or otherwise) pattern. I knew one Thai who hadn't washed his duvet for more than two years, and from what I've seen and heard this is not uncommon. There are other people, myself included, who wash the entire duvet once a week. This is possibly cleaner than simply washing a removable cover. My king-sized duvet fits in the washing machine, albeit a snug fit, and dries very quickly.

I too have noticed how bed sheets are readily available but duvet covers are not, unless some exorbitant price is paid. If you still want a duvet cover, my suggestion is to buy two extra flat sheets, and get a roadside seamstress to make it into a cover. Supply her with some large buttons, velcro, or press-studs whichever you prefer. I'm sure the cost would be very low.

It is also not easy finding flat sheets. Most sets are fitted sheet, pillow cases and bolster cover.

I did find a nice Duvet cover at Emporium on sale but it was still 2,100

From what I have observed, most Thai people do not use duvet covers. That's why most duvets are printed with an attractive (or otherwise) pattern. I knew one Thai who hadn't washed his duvet for more than two years, and from what I've seen and heard this is not uncommon. There are other people, myself included, who wash the entire duvet once a week. This is possibly cleaner than simply washing a removable cover. My king-sized duvet fits in the washing machine, albeit a snug fit, and dries very quickly.

I too have noticed how bed sheets are readily available but duvet covers are not, unless some exorbitant price is paid. If you still want a duvet cover, my suggestion is to buy two extra flat sheets, and get a roadside seamstress to make it into a cover. Supply her with some large buttons, velcro, or press-studs whichever you prefer. I'm sure the cost would be very low.

Tesco Lotus has NO Extra King size.

Still don't know where to buy in Thailand.

Gladly like to go to BKK as long as I know where to go.

Extra King = 200 cm x 200 cm( 6.8 x 6.8)

King = 180 x 200 (6 x 6.8)

Dutch

Why you do not approach a cotton factory and buy from them , then you need to get someone to fit it for you special size ?

Edited by simcity

I only like 100% cotton, good quality sheets/duvet which are rare to find in Tescos - I bought one there once, but same problem it was a comforter rather than a duvet cover and didn't fit in the washing machine. Prices for sheet/duvet sets here and SO expensive, especially at Central - even on sale! Other places to try (although, also expensive) are The Mall and Homepro. Never buy full price though as sales come up regularly. Have had sheet issues many times when really needed new sheets but could not bring myself to pay the prices.

However, it IS possible to buy 100% cotton GOOD quality sheets (fitted) and duvet covers but luck has something to do with it .... there is a brand (no idea of the name) that goes around places like Big C, Carrefour, etc and has a booth selling them. They appear at my local Big C every few months and stay there for a coupl of weeks before disappearing again. A king size plain coloured sheet set (incl pillow cases) is about 4-500 baht. I'm not sure how much the covers are, though. Won't help you immediately, but you should look out for the stall whenever you're out doing your shopping.

• 13 years later...

Price just about right for the consumer. Hotels are paying 1400 baht +/- for the duvet cover, 750 baht +/- for the king size bed sheet 100 baht +/- as wholesale price. Some people will jump on my reply just to say something. I know the prices because I have an industrial laundry!

Yes, bed linen is very expensive.  At retail I wait for the 50% sales and buy then.  In my area there are two second hand shops that buy used bed linen from the hotels and I buy sheets, pillow cases and duvet covers there as well.  I bought a down duvet for 500 baht and a duvet cover for 300 baht. 100% cotton sheets and pillow cases are very cheap as well.  Down pillows for 150 baht.  Full size quality hotel towels are 100 baht. Would cost over 1000 baht in the retail stores if they even have hotel quality.  

Yes, bed linen is very expensive.  At retail I wait for the 50% sales and buy then.  In my area there are two second hand shops that buy used bed linen from the hotels and I buy sheets, pillow cases and duvet covers there as well.  I bought a down duvet for 500 baht and a duvet cover for 300 baht. 100% cotton sheets and pillow cases are very cheap as well.  Down pillows for 150 baht.  Full size quality hotel towels are 100 baht. Would cost over 1000 baht in the retail stores if they even have hotel quality.  
Where is your area? Would be interested if close.

Sent from my Lenovo TB-8304F1 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app