Night Of Terror For Phuket Karaoke Girl

webfact

Night of terror for Phuket karaoke girl
Nattha Thepbamrung

PHUKET: -- A karaoke bar employee has alleged that she was sexually assaulted on Monday night by a “black plate” taxi driver, who also beat her up, tied her up, stole her wallet and other belongings, and forced her to reveal her ATM pin number.

The victim and her family went to report the incident at Thung Thong police station the following day. She recalled the number of her attacker’s car and he was arrested yesterday (March 5).

Police said that, under questioning, the driver, Suksan Monamrong, from Krabi, admitted that he went to a karaoke bar in Rassada, on the edge of Phuket Town, and took the victim to a nearby hotel. There he raped her and beat her up.

He dragged her back into the car and took her to another hotel in Thung Tong. On the way the victim tried to strangle him, so he bit her finger. By the time they arrived at the second hotel, he said, he was very angry with her, so he beat her up again and then tied her hands and feet with electrical cable.

He grabbed her wallet with B4,000 cash, two cell phones, two necklaces and her glasses, and then threatened her until she revealed the pin number for her ATM card.

When Suksan left the room, she screamed for help and was rescued by a member of the hotel’s staff.

Suksan is being held without bail while police inquiries continue.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/night-of-terror-for-phuket-karaoke-girl-37557.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2013-03-06

I cannot help thinking to myself, why on earth did the girl and her family go to report it the following day, if it had hapenned to me i would go to report it immediately.

Maybe because she was in shock and very confused. Thankfully she is still alive.

• Like 2

Scary, very scary. How did the perp get into two hotels with someone who was in distress?

As usual, these reports are just that, reports.

We always need to wait for FACTS to be reported.

On the reporting side, how refreshing that there is no Mug Shot of the victim surrounded by laughing policemen, no age or name and address in the report.

Let's hope that she can remain anonymous and that the perp is quickly taken before a judge and tried for his alleged crime.

Edited by laislica

I cannot help thinking to myself, why on earth did the girl and her family go to report it the following day, if it had hapenned to me i would go to report it immediately.

How do you know what you would do after you had allegedly been raped, and beaten twice?

• Like 1

His story is strange.

"After dropping the tourist off"

Was she a tourist or a Karaoke girl?

He took the tourist to the airport after he was finished with the karaoke girl. After getting back from the airport he was arrested.

Yes, the girl was traumatised,but the hotel staff who responded to her screams for help could have, and should have, notified the police.

Then again, maybe management had something to hide. As per the news report, the offender had already allegedly raped and beaten the girl at another location, yet he was able to get her into a room at this hotel. They were possibly also concerned about the stigma of being involved in the short-time room trade.

Questions to be answered.