Robinsons

daleyboy

When i am in Thailand, i struggle for fluids to drink. I dont drink alcohol, i dont drink tea/coffee hot drinks, i am not a big fan of fizzy drinks and i dont like water. All this time i have stuggled along with drinking fanta when i am out and about and when i am at home i drink sunquick, which is a highly concntrated fruit juice you mix with water.

Now i think only those who come from the uk will know what i am talking about, but i would really like to be able to get hold of Robinsons squash or maybe ribena something like that, anyone know where i can buy some? I have looked all over bangkok and never come across anywhere that sells it. :o

When i am in Thailand, i struggle for fluids to drink. I dont drink alcohol, i dont drink tea/coffee hot drinks, i am not a big fan of fizzy drinks and i dont like water. All this time i have stuggled along with drinking fanta when i am out and about and when i am at home i drink sunquick, which is a highly concntrated fruit juice you mix with water.

Now i think only those who come from the uk will know what i am talking about, but i would really like to be able to get hold of Robinsons squash or maybe ribena something like that, anyone know where i can buy some? I have looked all over bangkok and never come across anywhere that sells it. :D

Hi there,

i found thjis one on the net...not sure though if this is available in Thailand or not

They have Ribena Concentrated Blackcurrant juice Drink...

http://www.asiamex.com/prodpage.cfm?CFID=4...D=5&Startrow=13

rcm :o

worth to find it at

- villa supermarket

- the emporium -supermarket

- Siam paragon -supermarket

-foodland

-Central Departmentstore -Chidlom

- the Market Place -Thong lor /Suk 24

Tried most of those a couple of years ago bambers no joy there :D Maybe they stock them now i will try them again this year :D

Now i think only those who come from the uk will know what i am talking about, but i would really like to be able to get hold of Robinsons squash or maybe ribena something like that, anyone know where i can buy some? I have looked all over bangkok and never come across anywhere that sells it. :D

Hi there,

i found thjis one on the net...not sure though if this is available in Thailand or not

They have Ribena Concentrated Blackcurrant juice Drink...

http://www.asiamex.com/prodpage.cfm?CFID=4...D=5&Startrow=13

rcm :o

That is what i am looking for, but i am only in Thailand for a month this year, so shipping it over from the States is a bit of a way round and i dont reckon it would get to me in time. Good to know for the final move over though :D

What about Kiaora Daley...

We all adora kiaora... :o

Indeed we all do love kiaora. :D

I saw Ribena in Rimping supermarket (chiang mai, I'm afraid).

Have you tried Tang? It's a powdered squash, I haven't - so I can't tell you if it's good or not.

Thats ok, we will be visiting Cm so i can go there and pick some up. :D

Never tried tang, so no idea what that is like. I normally buy sunquick from tesco or any other large supermarket, it is higly concentrated, and you only put in about 2 teaspoons for a 2 litlre bottle of water. It tastes horrible in warm water, but it is ok in ice cold water. Dont buy the orange flavour one, but the tropical fruit flavour one is pretty good. :D

sunquickbjaelke5cf.jpg

:D Tang is OK, we used it in the Middle east, however, a toptip, stir it well or you get little grainy bits of sugar in it :o

I also used to use Tang in the middle east but used to make 1.5 litres at a time and keep it cold. Used to be ok.. :D

Now i think only those who come from the uk will know what i am talking about, but i would really like to be able to get hold of Robinsons squash or maybe ribena something like that, anyone know where i can buy some? I have looked all over bangkok and never come across anywhere that sells it. :o

Don't you drink normal fruit juice? The stuff that comes in the cartons is pretty concentrated and can be watered down - apple is rather nice like this (although I prefer it with soda). Lychee is also quite good.

Otherwise there's the slightly nasty Thai Hall's syrups which come in various fluoro colours (not sure if you can actually distinguish the 'flavours'). I saw one the other day that said 'apple' - but no blackcurrant :D .

My mate is a Ribena addict and he usually brings a bottle in his suitcase when he comes over from England...

Thanks for the suggestions. I think i am just being difficult, i am a bit of a squash freak, as i dont drink anything else. My mates try and test me, they make me a glass of squash and i can usually tell what brand it is and if it is sugar free or not. Sad ehhh :o

Theres a promotion on at Central Chitlom at the moment (I have no idea if its permanent) called 'A Taste of Britain' or similar, and Robinsons Cordial is available there along with other goodies such as Robertson's Jam, Walkers Crisps etc.

Bet they wont have any when i bloody get there. Pick us up a few bottles, and i will pay ya when i get over :D Might even buy you a couple of beers.

Hows life anyway Farty? You coping ok in Thailand? We can swap if you want. :o

Have you tryed Tesco Lotus? not sure but if it will be anywhere this would be the place (maybe!) :o

A Dodger that doesn't drink. Jeeeeeez :o

• 2 months later...
They definately have Robinsons squash at Central Chitlom!

Good work that man :D Can you give me precise directions to where it is located exactly, and in which shop? :D Now i have a ready supply, beers on me farty. You going to come up to lampys the same time as us?

Lampy do you want anything else, apart from birds custard and robinsons? It has to be lightweight though, so maybe your years supply of beer will fit in my carry on :o:D

Edited by daleyboy

They definately have Robinsons squash at Central Chitlom!

Good work that man :D Can you give me precise directions to where it is located exactly, and in which shop? :D Now i have a ready supply, beers on me farty. You going to come up to lampys the same time as us?

Lampy do you want anything else, apart from birds custard and robinsons? It has to be lightweight though, so maybe your years supply of beer will fit in my carry on :o:D

No , I don't think so..............just received a shipment. Thanks anyway :D

Saw a display stand full of several flavours of Robinson's at Tops Supermarket, Kad Suan Kaew Chiang Mai last month. It seems likely that Tops supermarkets in Bangkok will carry it too.

nice one whimsy this is getting more promising by the day, robinsons is the only thing i miss when i am not in the uk :D

So Lampy your postie delivered your years supply did he? Must of been really difficult getting all that bozze in his satchel :o

Just had a reponse from their customer service team, they say they only sell it in tourist areas, which suits me just fine :o heres the list

Dear Mr.Dale,

We stock them in only 28 stores that are sold international food; Store Airport,

Store All Season, Store Bangna, Store Chidlom, Store Hatyai, Store Huaykaew,

Store Lardprow, Store Nana Square, Store Nanglynchee, Store Pattaya South Tukcom,

Store Pattaya, Store Phuket Festival, Store Phuket, Store Pinklao, Store Piyarom, Store Rama III,

Store Rama II, Store Rangsit, Store Ratchada, Store Rattanathibet, Store Samui, Store Silom Complex,

Store Sriracha, Store Sukhapibal 3, Store Sukhumvit 24, Store Sukhumvit 41, Store Sukhumvit, and

Store Thonglor.

Rgds,

Customer Service Support

Central Food Retail Co., Ltd.