Phuket Taxi Driver Confesses To Assault, Abduction – Denies Sexual Assault

webfact

Phuket taxi driver confesses to assault, abduction – denies sexual assault
Phuket Gazette

t.jpg
Phuket taxi driver Suksan Mornamrong, 28, confessed to beating and abducting a karaoke hostess before stealing her valuables and leaving her tied up in a Phuket hotel room. Photo: Kritsada Mueanhawong

PHUKET: -- A Phuket taxi driver has confessed to beating and abducting a karaoke hostess before stealing her valuables and leaving her tied up in a Phuket hotel room.

However, he has denied the rape charge filed against him by the woman.

Phuket City Police arrested Suksan Mornamrong, 28, at his rented home in Koh Kaew for the alleged rape on Monday night of a woman who worked at a karaoke bar in the Rassada port area.

Suksan, originally from Krabi, was found in possession of stolen property belonging to the victim, including two mobile phones, 4,000 baht, two necklaces, an ATM card and her ID card.

The woman reported her ordeal to Thung Thong Police yesterday morning, recounting how she was abducted, beaten, raped and robbed by a taxi driver who drove a white Toyota Altis.

After the woman reported the license plate number of Suksan’s taxi, police quickly found his home address and within hours had him under arrest.

Speaking in front of the press on Tuesday, Suksan confessed to abducting and beating the woman, and to stealing the woman’s belongings.

“I picked the woman up from a karaoke bar in Rassada and took her to a hotel in Phuket Town to have sex, but I failed to climax so I beat her, then took her to another hotel in Thung Thong,” Suksan explained.

“While I was driving the car [to Thung Thong], the woman started choking me, so I bit her hand. After we arrived at the hotel, I was angry so I took her into the hotel room and beat her again,” he added.

“After that, I tied her up with rope and took her belongings, and asked her for the PIN code to her ATM card, before I went out to work. I had to take a tourist from Patong to the airport.

“After dropping the tourist off, I returned home [to Koh Kaew], where police arrested me,” Suksan explained.

After Suksan left the woman alone in the room, she screamed for help, alerting hotel staff to come to her assistance.

“The suspect was charged with sexual assault, robbery and abduction. He is now being detained at Thung Thong Police Station. He will be transferred to Phuket Provincial Court today for further detention,” said Thung Thong Police Deputy Superintendent Yodsaphat Suwannakij.

“We are now waiting for the results of the medical tests to confirm the woman was raped, then we will transfer the case to the Public Prosecutor for further action,” he added.

Source: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket_news/2013/Phuket-taxi-driver-confesses-to-assault-abduction-denies-rape-20414.html

pglogo.jpg
-- Phuket Gazette 2013-03-07

RELATED:
Night of terror for Phuket karaoke girl

Events like this kinda put Thailand in jeopardy of being credible.... Oh, I know this happens everywhere, but "everywhere" doesn't bill itself as kind, trusting and honest.... and then try to fleece you every second of the day.

"Thailand has a beautiful culture and is one of the major Buddhist countries in Southeast Asia. The country is religious-oriented and has a good harmony and principles of good living. These should be the selling points of Thailand," he said.

• Like 1

My wife tells me that the Thai news are reporting that she went with the man by consent. But after sex the man beat her up, tied her up, and stole money & items.

My wife has told me the same.

She said that the girl is a prostitute and available for a take out, for a price.

It is reported that the guy was not satisfied with the girl`s service and did not want to pay her. Then a dispute broke out between the man and the girl, the girl tried to grab the man`s money and that`s when he beat her up.

Not my words or account of the event, but what has been reported on the Thai news broadcasts according to what my wife has told me.

The guy just talks like it's ok to beat her

his words" I didn't climax so I beat her"

then "I was angry so I beat her again"

obviously this guy has issues.seems the only Hume a Thai will go one agaisnt one is when they beAt a woman.

“We are now waiting for the results of the medical tests to confirm the woman was raped, then we will transfer the case to the Public Prosecutor for further action,” he added.

How do you tell the difference between rape and consensual, albeit a bit 'rough', sex?

How do you tell the difference between rape and consensual, albeit a bit 'rough', sex?

According to what appears happened here, the girl consented to sex for a fee. There were no problems until the guy refused to pay for the sexual services, so is throwing in a rape charge as well as the assault, ABH and for kidnap.

I assume that under the law, if a prostitute is not paid for her sexual services, than it could be regarded as rape.

All a dodgy business and best to stay at home with the wife or watch a movie.

According to what appears happened here, the girl consented to sex for a fee. There were no problems until the guy refused to pay for the sexual services, so is throwing in a rape charge as well as the assault, ABH and for kidnap.

I assume that under the law, if a prostitute is not paid for her sexual services, than it could be regarded as rape.

"All a dodgy business and best to stay at home with the wife or watch a movie."

Absolutely! biggrin.png

"All a dodgy business and best to stay at home with the wife or watch a movie."

Absolutely! biggrin.png

Actually, any alternative is better than having a night in with the wife.