Roi-et

Vegemite

My wife and I were in Roi-Et last week and the week before. Two seperate visits.

When we tried to find an hotel in Roi-Et c/o TAT in Bangkok we were told that all hotels were full.

In fact, we were told that all hotels across Thailand were full. So using Lonely Planet we booked a " hotel" called Khaen Kham.

Flew from Bangkok to Roi-Et with PB air and it was a great trip, around 50 mins.

Arrived at the " hotel". It smelt like a urinal. No light and mozzie city. I have done a lot of camping and would rather stay on the side of the road than ever see this place again. Hope somebody from Lonely Planet is reading this.

That aside, we were wandering around the beautifull lake in the center of the city and met a farang that steered us in the direction of a new apartment block by the name of Poon Pet sports club. This place was just great. A/C, hot water shower, tv, balcony,good bed and great food.

Anybody heading up that way that doesnt know the lay of the land to well or for the first time and wants a good place to stay, just PM me and I will give you contact numbers.

I was really impressed with Roi-Et. It is clean and friendly and the lake is something else. Does anyone know how many thousands of fish are in that lake?

Had a QUICK beer at the White Elephant ( does he allways look that way? ).

If there are any farang with upcountry wives that may not feel to excited about going UP THERE take it from me, you will love Roi-Et. I didnt want to leave.

All the best.

My wife and I were in Roi-Et last week and the week before. Two seperate visits.

When we tried to find an hotel in Roi-Et c/o TAT in Bangkok we were told that all hotels were full.

In fact, we were told that all hotels across Thailand were full. So using Lonely Planet we booked a " hotel" called Khaen Kham.

I doubt if any hotel in Roi Et has ever been full, utter nonsense. I stayed at roi et city hotel and there were very few there. If I went again I'd stay at the mai tai for the entertainment, it's a hoot three floors of it. Dancing on the ground floor, some sort of cocktail/do you want lady bar upstairs then a great karaoke on top. Roi et is lovely, as is it's most famous daughter.

Unfortunately TAT does not recommend good 3 star hotels like Petcharat Garden with swimming pool for THB 600 per night.

They recommend overcharged hotels like Roi-et City for THB 1400. Besides this Lonely Planet is really outdated and publishes 15 year old stories.

Roi-et is called the smiling city :o of Isaan:

Update:

Very friendly city with good restaurants like White Elephant, KFC, Pizza Hut, Lotus, very beautiful lake, swimming pools, sports club, golf places, parks and attractive live music restaurants, etc

Enjoy the smiling city :D

Unfortunately TAT does not recommend good 3 star hotels like Petcharat Garden with swimming pool for THB 600 per night.

They recommend overcharged hotels like Roi-et City for THB 1400. Besides this Lonely Planet is really outdated and publishes 15 year old stories.

Roi-et is called the smiling city :o of Isaan:

Update:

Very friendly city with good restaurants like White Elephant, KFC, Pizza Hut, Lotus, very beautiful lake, swimming pools, sports club, golf places, parks and attractive live music restaurants, etc

Enjoy the smiling city :D

Thanks for the info but we phoned Petcharat Garden,Mai Thai and one other that slips my mind.

All said they were full. By we I mean my Thai wife.

All of these we got from Lonely Planet.

Roi - Et city is in there but so is ; Ban Chong hotel, Saithip hotel, Phrae Thong.

I enjoyed my " quick " beer at White Elephant and Klaus`s wife Poo was very friendly ( sorry if my spelling is not right ).

I was so impressed with the place that I cant wait to go back. It is truley beautifull.

All the best.

I doubt if any hotel in Roi Et has ever been full, utter nonsense. I stayed at roi et city hotel and there were very few there. If I went again I'd stay at the mai tai for the entertainment, it's a hoot three floors of it. Dancing on the ground floor, some sort of cocktail/do you want lady bar upstairs then a great karaoke on top. Roi et is lovely, as is it's most famous daughter.

Yes the amazing Jintara Poonlarb... Thats how it spelt on a cassette I have...... :o