Mr T Taxi

MrZM

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry, just saw a post on the previous page with a recent quote. facepalm.gif

I do, however, have another question: What's the estimated travel time from DMK to central Pattaya on a Thursday morning?

Think it was about 2hrs and was 1200thb all included.

Has he upgraded from his and his brothers old Volvo's? tongue.png

Last time i used him was about seven years ago always good for me and safe and reasonable.

I've used him maybe 15 times. Only had one car that was old. Quite a few were almost brand new and a few times were in those luxury mini vans. Really nice. I've never had a problem.

• 2 weeks later...

I've used Mr T with no problems before.

However I've also been in a taxi in Bangkok when I realised after half a kilometre the driver was high on yaba.

Shit myself was an understatement he didn't see massive potholes just drove through them and it took me about another ten minutes to get the crackhead to stop the taxi. There are some really bad taxi drivers there should be a system where they get tested for dring and drugs in the system before they sign on for the shift.

Wonder if we had the same driver. I had a guy pick me up early on a Sunday from bk to patts and I am sure he was on yaba. Drove like he was in the Indy. Tailgating within inches not feet. I had to tell him to slow down. He did a bit.

Thanks for the replies to my question above. I just called Mr. T and was quoted a price of 1200 Baht for DMK to downtown Pattaya.

Yes ,last week i used mr Ts service from Dom Muan to Pattaya and it was B1,200 .The driver was waiting for me on arrival and we drove to Pattaya in a Toyota minibus which i had to myself .

A few days later i did the same in reverse ,same price and driver on time .The driver saved my bacon as i was still sleeping on his arrival at 7. 30 am at the Hotel .His phone call woke me up and so i woke up rather than miss my plane .

Sorry, just saw a post on the previous page with a recent quote. facepalm.gif

I do, however, have another question: What's the estimated travel time from DMK to central Pattaya on a Thursday morning?

From Don Muan to Patts its more likely to be 2.30 hours rather than 2 hours .

I've used Mr T with no problems before.

However I've also been in a taxi in Bangkok when I realised after half a kilometre the driver was high on yaba.

Shit myself was an understatement he didn't see massive potholes just drove through them and it took me about another ten minutes to get the crackhead to stop the taxi. There are some really bad taxi drivers there should be a system where they get tested for dring and drugs in the system before they sign on for the shift.

Wonder if we had the same driver. I had a guy pick me up early on a Sunday from bk to patts and I am sure he was on yaba. Drove like he was in the Indy. Tailgating within inches not feet. I had to tell him to slow down. He did a bit.

I would recommend calling Mr. T and letting him know what happened. I'm sure he'll never use that driver again.

Thanks for the replies to my question above. I just called Mr. T and was quoted a price of 1200 Baht for DMK to downtown Pattaya.

Yes ,last week i used mr Ts service from Dom Muan to Pattaya and it was B1,200 .The driver was waiting for me on arrival and we drove to Pattaya in a Toyota minibus which i had to myself .

A few days later i did the same in reverse ,same price and driver on time .The driver saved my bacon as i was still sleeping on his arrival at 7. 30 am at the Hotel .His phone call woke me up and so i woke up rather than miss my plane .

Lucky you. I used Mr. T's services last week after reading all the rave reviews. Waited an hour!! Never again.

Lucky you. I used Mr. T's services last week after reading all the rave reviews. Waited an hour!! Never again.

I've also had both good and bad experiences with Mr T. The lesson here is that overall he cannot be relied upon. I gave him up years ago as a bad job.

• 3 months later...

A few months ago we used Mr. T for DMK-Pattaya, return.

The ride down was fine. We had a polite and friendly driver who picked us up on time and he had a clean car. The ride back to DMK was another matter altogether. The driver was very rude and his car smelled like an ashtray. Quite honestly I don't know if I'd use Mr. T again because of it.

A few months ago we used Mr. T for DMK-Pattaya, return.

The ride down was fine. We had a polite and friendly driver who picked us up on time and he had a clean car. The ride back to DMK was another matter altogether. The driver was very rude and his car smelled like an ashtray. Quite honestly I don't know if I'd use Mr. T again because of it.

How much did they charge to DMK (and return)?

• 2 weeks later...

I can recommend Mr Keak Taxi for Pattaya transfers. Have used Mr T for years, and Mr Keak in past year

as had some mishaps with Mr T so tried another.

1000Bt per transfer each way to Pattaya.

Not a single miss in my case incl many wee hours departures from Pattaya; very responsive, quality drivers, no irritating

refills during trips etc. Always confirms quickly by email.

Mr.Virach songklam

[email protected]

+66813401365 Line ID...junjira.oor
+66862520221 Line ID...keakpattaya

http://www.pattayataxi.info

• 3 weeks later...

this website has a lady driver and courteous and proficient drivers on all routes.

Yeah right... if you want to be ripped off and pay 2'000 Baht for BKK to Pattaya...

I happily pay 3,000 for AOT limo every time I come into BKK, there is no messing around trying to find the driver, the drivers are ok, the cars are in good condition & they have full insurance!

good you pay it but I bet they don't turn up

they don't even reply to your email

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Just a quickie,

I used Jack and his CRV (quite a few years old CRV but in good condition and seats recline),

Bangkok to Pattaya and back.

On time both times, 1300thb each way. Nice guy, can recommend.

Regards

SB

The guy must be laughing at you - 1300 in an old car - for what?

Give Mr Yo taxis a try, I've used this company many times, they have a full range of vehicles all fully insured and a great web page showing all vehicles and prices, typical price from Sauv to Pat is 1200 Baht,.(inclusive) They operate out of Bankok so any delays with a flight is not a problem,.

Check his web page: -

[email protected]

Phone No +6666794778,

And speaks good English.

Why not try Bells travel services only 250 baht per person from bkk airport to your hotel in pattaya and same coming back. if you book on line it only 230 baht per person

They have a very limited timetable is one reason. The last bus leaves the airport at 6pm, so it's useless to anyone arriving after 5pm.

The first bus leaves Pattaya at 6am, so assuming most people want to be at the airport at least 90 minutes before departure, that's useless for anyone departing earlier than 9am.

Even if you find a trip, it could add hours onto your travel time waiting for the next bus. IMO it's not worth the savings, especially if you travel with a partner.

We had a problem with a Mr T driver recently. I chalk it up to the individual contract driver and not the service. Guy went into Bkk to stop for gas when he could have done that before picking us up. Stopped for coffee half way to Pattaya and kind of twiddled his thumbs there a bit. Said at the beginning he knew exactly where to go (when we told him where we were staying) then more or less got lost once we hit Pattaya. A journey which should normally take 1.5 hours took us 2.5 hours. We were not impressed and we are normally Mr T fans. Again, we chalk it up to the individual contract driver and have contacted Mr T directly to let him know about this guy. Will still use Mr T in the future as long as this is not a trend.

Archived