Mr T Taxi

MrZM

Give Mr Yo taxis a try, I've used this company many times, they have a full range of vehicles all fully insured and a great web page showing all vehicles and prices, typical price from Sauv to Pat is 1200 Baht,.(inclusive) They operate out of Bankok so any delays with a flight is not a problem,.

Check his web page: -

[email protected]

Phone No +6666794778,

And speaks good English.

I would be careful quoting "fully insured" as they would not be licensed to carry passengers unless his cars have yellow license plates.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just a quickie,

I used Jack and his CRV (quite a few years old CRV but in good condition and seats recline),

Bangkok to Pattaya and back.

On time both times, 1300thb each way. Nice guy, can recommend.

Regards

SB

He has had a few different cars over the years, but he is fastidious about maintenance.

That CRV makes it very convenient if you have a lot of luggage and 2 or 3 passengers. That's impossible in a normal sized taxi.

We had a problem with a Mr T driver recently. I chalk it up to the individual contract driver and not the service. Guy went into Bkk to stop for gas when he could have done that before picking us up. Stopped for coffee half way to Pattaya and kind of twiddled his thumbs there a bit. Said at the beginning he knew exactly where to go (when we told him where we were staying) then more or less got lost once we hit Pattaya. A journey which should normally take 1.5 hours took us 2.5 hours. We were not impressed and we are normally Mr T fans. Again, we chalk it up to the individual contract driver and have contacted Mr T directly to let him know about this guy. Will still use Mr T in the future as long as this is not a trend.

Used Mr T once - and only once, driver was late (20 minutes) and, stopped off on the way for gas.

Edited for grammar.

We had a problem with a Mr T driver recently. I chalk it up to the individual contract driver and not the service. Guy went into Bkk to stop for gas when he could have done that before picking us up. Stopped for coffee half way to Pattaya and kind of twiddled his thumbs there a bit. Said at the beginning he knew exactly where to go (when we told him where we were staying) then more or less got lost once we hit Pattaya. A journey which should normally take 1.5 hours took us 2.5 hours. We were not impressed and we are normally Mr T fans. Again, we chalk it up to the individual contract driver and have contacted Mr T directly to let him know about this guy. Will still use Mr T in the future as long as this is not a trend.

Aren't all Mr T's drivers individual contract drivers. He really can't use this as an excuse. If Mr T hires a bad contractor, that's Mr T's fault as he should be more careful with the drivers he hires.

I stopped using Mr T after a driver didn't turn up. I knew he was a contract driver. You really don't want to rely on pot luck when you have a flight to catch - hoping you get a good individual contract driver. Sure, by all accounts, Mr T gets it right most of the time, but that's not good enough for me.

That's when I started using Jack's service, and he hasn't let me down in 6 years, or any of my friends who have also used his service. That would account for at least 100 trips over that time - all good.

He is the calmest, most relaxed driver I have ever met. He never rushes, so if you're in a hurry you had better tell him to put his foot on the gas... like one time I was late for a flight at Don Muang. He always sticks to the speed limit or under as he's a professional and doesn't want to waste gas. This is a peasant change in a country packed with crazy, erratic taxi drivers.

What is it with most of these taxi guys stopping for gas on each trip? They know they will do 130 kms, they know how much gas they need but insist on stopping for gas with paying passengers on board. On a recent trip from Don Mueang to Pattaya my taxi man stopped for gas just 5 kms down the road from the airport, wasted 10 to 15 minutes then on we went. Are they that hopelessly organised that they can't fill up before hand? I won't tip a single baht if they make un scheduled stops, it is not professional behaviour, particularily when it's late at night and all you want to do is get to your accommodation.

Aren't all Mr T's drivers individual contract drivers. He really can't use this as an excuse. If Mr T hires a bad contractor, that's Mr T's fault as he should be more careful with the drivers he hires.

I stopped using Mr T after a driver didn't turn up. I knew he was a contract driver. You really don't want to rely on pot luck when you have a flight to catch - hoping you get a good individual contract driver. Sure, by all accounts, Mr T gets it right most of the time, but that's not good enough for me.

That's when I started using Jack's service, and he hasn't let me down in 6 years, or any of my friends who have also used his service. That would account for at least 100 trips over that time - all good.

He is the calmest, most relaxed driver I have ever met. He never rushes, so if you're in a hurry you had better tell him to put his foot on the gas... like one time I was late for a flight at Don Muang. He always sticks to the speed limit or under as he's a professional and doesn't want to waste gas. This is a peasant change in a country packed with crazy, erratic taxi drivers.

I`ve used Jack for some very long journeys.

I`ve also used Mr T`s service for airport runs, usually OK but have had 1 glitch recently.

Jack is the best Thai driver I have ever come across as well as being a very nice person.

Likely to be using him more in the future.

What is it with most of these taxi guys stopping for gas on each trip? They know they will do 130 kms, they know how much gas they need but insist on stopping for gas with paying passengers on board. On a recent trip from Don Mueang to Pattaya my taxi man stopped for gas just 5 kms down the road from the airport, wasted 10 to 15 minutes then on we went. Are they that hopelessly organised that they can't fill up before hand? I won't tip a single baht if they make un scheduled stops, it is not professional behaviour, particularily when it's late at night and all you want to do is get to your accommodation.

Try Jack - he won't stop for LPG or petrol. He carries both.

They all carry both. The reason they stop is a full LPG tank is just enough to get from the airport to pattaya. There are no LPG stations in pattaya, so the drivers would have to make a trip out to suk. after the drop off to fill up. If it bothers you just tell them when booking no stops. I use Mr. T exclusively and I would say they stop about 30% of the time. I don't every remember them stopping on the way to the airport.

It has been a while since I spoke with Mr. T personally, I hear his health isn't good but he told me he owns about 40 cars and during busy times he contracts other drivers with cars that he knows. Sometimes he gets overbooked and has turned away some of my friends.

They all carry both. The reason they stop is a full LPG tank is just enough to get from the airport to pattaya. There are no LPG stations in pattaya, so the drivers would have to make a trip out to suk. after the drop off to fill up. If it bothers you just tell them when booking no stops. I use Mr. T exclusively and I would say they stop about 30% of the time. I don't every remember them stopping on the way to the airport.

It has been a while since I spoke with Mr. T personally, I hear his health isn't good but he told me he owns about 40 cars and during busy times he contracts other drivers with cars that he knows. Sometimes he gets overbooked and has turned away some of my friends.

Jack never stops for gas. He's taken me to Don Muang many times without stops, and that's quite a bit further than Suvarnabhumi. Sometimes I ask him to stop for refreshments though.

Sometimes the stopping for fuel thing seems ceremonial to me. "See? I have big expenses. All that fare money doesn't go in my pocket, you know."

Same as a moto driver I used to use who invariably turned the bike engine off and coasted the last 30m to my door. Just to make a point, I guess.

'nuff said

~

A full tank of LPG will do a return trip from Pattaya to Bangkok-in my Nissan Teana-so there should be no need for a stop.

I figured it was nonsense, but as I don't drive an LPG car here I didn't know for sure.

There certainly is no need for Jack to stop, and he never does unless you ask him to.

For a trip with a sensible driver, reclining seats and from central BKK ....

I was happy enuf ....I booked him back

Not new but in good nick ....

Just a quickie,

I used Jack and his CRV (quite a few years old CRV but in good condition and seats recline),

Regards

SB

The guy must be laughing at you - 1300 in an old car - for what?

Well I used Mr T again last night and the driver did stop for NGV on the 36 connection by Regents. It was about 1am and he told me the NGV on Suk close at 11pm but did apologize for the stop. He has a Toyota innova and said he can get 240K on a full tank but that is because he could fit the lager tank in his mini van. The other smaller sedans cannot or they lose most of their trunk space, hence the 130 range or so.

So if you don't want the driver to stop I would say it needs to be specified before hand.

He was driving his own car and works for many different booking agents around Pattaya and has put 600k on his van in 3 years.

Just a quickie,

Regards

SB

Which is a very good price. I think BBK central is now 1500 baht.

The car is not old and it is very well maintained. Instead of making snide remarks you could try to add some useful recommendations. i.e. a very good and reliable driver with a new car doing BKK central - Pattaya runs for under 1300.

BTW, he's 1200 to the airport.

Just a quickie,

Regards

SB

Which is a very good price. I think BBK central is now 1500 baht.

The car is not old and it is very well maintained. Instead of making snide remarks you could try to add some useful recommendations. i.e. a very good and reliable driver with a new car doing BKK central - Pattaya runs for under 1300.

BTW, he's 1200 to the airport.

I did give a recommendation if you bothered to read the thread properly:

Here it is again - NOTE its a Camry not an OLD car and she is 1000 for either Airport or Bangkok itself:

[email protected]

0859 344 475

Camry - 1000 baht each way

Very reliable, smooth drive, no weaving and no stopping for gas

She also has a minibus available

I did give a recommendation if you bothered to read the thread properly:

You didn't make your recommendation until after you made the disparaging comment about Jack's service. Obviously I replied to your comment and hadn't read further at that stage.

Now it's great to give recommendations, but don't rubbish other drivers and services you don't know in order to talk up your recommendations.

I know Jack's service very well, which you would have realised had you bothered to "read the thread properly" and have experience with him for about 7 years. If you read the thread carefully you'll find that I haven't given any negative criticism to other services except a comment about how Mr T didn't turn up on one occasion.

Why would I rubbish other services I haven't tried just based on price?.. and add a snide comment that anyone charging more than your recommendation must by "having a laugh".

BTW, here are Meow's prices:

Bangkok - Pattaya 1100 (both directions)

Pattaya - Airport 900 baht

Airport - Pattaya 1000 baht.

All include tolls.

The prices are good, no doubt about that.

Reliability, availability, car, driving skills etc are yet to be determined. I may take the plunge and try her out one day soon.

I don't see how she'll be able to sustain these prices for long - time will tell.

Cheers

I just noticed you amended your post - I stand corrected if she is quoting 100 baht extra for Bangkok - although she charged me 1000 - that may be because I have used her and recommended her so highly

I like the fact that you said you will try her - you will not be disappointed ...

Post discussing moderator actions removed.

10) Do not discuss moderation publicly in the open forum; this includes individual actions, and specific or general policies and issues. You may send a PM to a moderator to discuss individual actions or email support (at) thaivisa.com to discuss moderation policy.

I used these guys last week. They were very good. 1000 Baht and I gave him 100 Baht tip.

http://www.pattayataxi.info/

This guy works without proper license right ?

I have no idea if he has "a proper licence".

I have no idea what you mean by "a proper licence".

I don't know who issues "proper licences".

I have no idea what the ramifications of having "a proper licence" are in Thailand.

We are talking about a third world country here. Most of the time you are lucky if they actually turn up, in a state fit to hold the steering wheel, in a car that works and have a clue where they are going. thumbsup.gif

• 2 weeks later...
We are talking about a third world country here. Most of the time you are lucky if they actually turn up, in a state fit to hold the steering wheel, in a car that works and have a clue where they are going. thumbsup.gif

The difference between a real and a fake taxi you know what i mean ?

Do you know if a real Taxi not using his meter is still a real Taxi, or is it a fake Taxi looking like a real Taxi. Do these real fake Taxi have a licence? And are they covered by the licence if they do not use the meter?

There's a number of services available. The "real taxis" with the meter, private services and limousine services. I have no idea about what licences they need. I've never bothered to ask.

I see no advantage in using a "real taxi" over a private service.

No, I don't, but I would love you to explain by answering the 4 pertinent points in my question. I look forward to being enlightened.

Archived