Mr T Taxi

MrZM

The difference between a real and a fake taxi you know what i mean ?

No, I don't, but I would love you to explain by answering the 4 pertinent points in my question. I look forward to being enlightened.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We are talking about a third world country here. Most of the time you are lucky if they actually turn up, in a state fit to hold the steering wheel, in a car that works and have a clue where they are going. thumbsup.gif

The difference between a real and a fake taxi you know what i mean ?

Do you know if a real Taxi not using his meter is still a real Taxi, or is it a fake Taxi looking like a real Taxi. Do these real fake Taxi have a licence? And are they covered by the licence if they do not use the meter?

Doesn't matter if the meter I'd on or off.

The taxi still has public liability insurance.

For carrying passengers.

If the insurance knows you we're a paying customer in a private car. Normally voids the insurance.

Only would come out if there was a real bad accident

I tried service from meow today after reading great reviews and getting personal recommendation. Disappointed. She must have been busy. Sent someone else. Arrived for pickup late and stopped for fuel. Then asked me for directions to our destination. Not prepared at all.

I tried service from meow today after reading great reviews and getting personal recommendation. Disappointed. She must have been busy. Sent someone else. Arrived for pickup late and stopped for fuel. Then asked me for directions to our destination. Not prepared at all.

I always advise people to ask for Meow personally and stipulate no petrol stops and Camry only - thanks for the feedback - she would be mortified to hear this

I have emailed Meow about this and here is her response:

I always tell everyone please put Gas before pick up customer. I will fix its.
And some driver leave (probably means live) in Bangkok maybe don't know the way where to go. Anyway I tell them call me if have problem but just some who call me!
Can you give me his e mail?
Thank you again
Meow

Sent from my iPhone

I will leave it to you to contact her - understandably she is angry and embarassed - at least she wants to address the problem..

And some driver leave (probably means live) in Bangkok maybe don't know the way where to go. Anyway I tell them call me if have problem but just some who call me!
Thank you again
Meow

Sent from my iPhone

I will leave it to you to contact her - understandably she is angry and embarassed - at least she wants to address the problem..

At those prices she's soon going to outdo her ability to offer a quality service. As she is finding out, she's not in control of contract drivers and they will give her a bad name. To keep her prices low she cannot offer enough to get the necessary good contract drivers with nice cars.

Lucky for her she has you to help her out.

Thank you again
Meow

Sent from my iPhone

At those prices she's soon going to outdo her ability to offer a quality service. As she is finding out, she's not in control of contract drivers and they will give her a bad name. To keep her prices low she cannot offer enough to get the necessary good contract drivers with nice cars.

To be fair - there is another thread on another forum - and the complaints have been minimal - so I would say 95% satisfaction - unlike most Thais she does not put her prices up when things are tough - and the complaint made has been made many times over with Mr T. and other such service providers

I only ever use Meows services if SHE is driving - only once has she sent another guy as she was sick - she sent an email to explain and called when she knew I would be off the plane - the guy was driving a Camry and the service was fine

Her unique selling point above the others is the level of car - otherwise up or down they are all the same - some stop for gas. others do not, some drive carefully, others weave in and out of the other cars, some talk on the phone, others do not - its all a bit of a lottery....

Thank you again
Meow

Sent from my iPhone

To be fair - there is another thread on another forum - and the complaints have been minimal - so I would say 95% satisfaction - unlike most Thais she does not put her prices up when things are tough - and the complaint made has been made many times over with Mr T. and other such service providers

I only ever use Meows services if SHE is driving - only once has she sent another guy as she was sick - she sent an email to explain and called when she knew I would be off the plane - the guy was driving a Camry and the service was fine

Her unique selling point above the others is the level of car - otherwise up or down they are all the same - some stop for gas. others do not, some drive carefully, others weave in and out of the other cars, some talk on the phone, others do not - its all a bit of a lottery....

Perhaps it is unique if you haven't experienced Jack's service. The only advantage over Jack's service is her price. When Jack gets busy he buys more cars and has his wife and brother drive. He does use other people if he has to, but he's extremely careful about who he gets.

I don't think a 200 baht price increase over 7 years (since I've used him) is unreasonable. As we all know, there is such a thing as inflation.

He is a true professional, so if you can't get Meow you may want splash out an extra 200 baht to try him out.

OK

I`m giving Meow`s service a try tomorrow, Pattaya to central BKK, price 1100 baht.

I asked if she was available personally but she said she wasn`t but would send a good car & driver.

Spoke good clear English.

Update on Meow`s taxi service.

Pattaya to BKK hotel Saturday,I was aware she could not drive herself and was sending a driver ( who works for her )

On time, in fact a few minutes early.

3 week old Corolla, comfortable car.

Excellent driver, no speeding, no tailgating.Good English language ability, knowledgeable about BKK, friendly.

Return, same service.

Above average.

Thanks for mentioning it socrates

smile.png

When they use Camry, has it been converted to LPG ?

If it has been converted then there would not be space for more than 1 suit case?

If it has not been converted then I am sure they will not be able to offer those prices and stay in business long.

I would guess gasoline for 1 way airport would be around 400 / 500 baht. Take out booking commission and not much left.

If it has been converted then there would not be space for more than 1 suit case?

If it has not been converted then I am sure they will not be able to offer those prices and stay in business long.

I would guess gasoline for 1 way airport would be around 400 / 500 baht. Take out booking commission and not much left.

Long time ago I knew a guy who sold herrings on the market, and he had an enormous client base, primarily because he was the cheapest on the market.

He sold his herrings at 0.99$ while all others sold theirs at 1.2$. I at one point found out that he bought his herrings at 1$, so I asked him how he could stay alive while selling at a loss.

He told be that due to his massive turnover at the end of the day he would have a profit.

I haven't seen him around for a long time now.

I know we're not allowed to name an shame on here but I thought I should let you guys know my experience with Mr. T from one week ago. I booked a taxi in the office one day before departure for my friends to leave at 6 in the morning. The guy confirmed and said to meet the driver in front of the hotel and pay him 900 Baht.

The taxi never showed up. Upon calling the office the guy said "Oh, no taxi available now" and just hung up on my friends.

Luckily they stayed in a central area and a Pattaya taxi was nearby and took them to Swampy for 1400.

I am really considering using a more reliable service next time.

I know we're not allowed to name an shame on here but I thought I should let you guys know my experience with Mr. T from one week ago. I booked a taxi in the office one day before departure for my friends to leave at 6 in the morning. The guy confirmed and said to meet the driver in front of the hotel and pay him 900 Baht.

The taxi never showed up. Upon calling the office the guy said "Oh, no taxi available now" and just hung up on my friends.

Luckily they stayed in a central area and a Pattaya taxi was nearby and took them to Swampy for 1400.

I am really considering using a more reliable service next time.

You're only thinking about it?

As far as Ii know Meow uses Camry LPG and her boot fits plenty of cases - last time 2 of us 2 cases and 2 hand luggage

Why is it everyone keeps saying she will not be in business long - she is in business and will continue to do so - mainly because she does not follow Thai logic

Try her and then comment

Well I ain't gonna pay more than 1000 and he always had his drivers show up in the past. Maybe it was just a bad day, who knows.

They (Mr T) were having a bad day on other occasions too, including the last time I used them. It's no major problem if they're having a bad day when returning to Pattaya as there isn't a strict time concern, but if they are having a bad day when I need to catch a flight, my day can be ruined. I don't care about a couple of hundred of baht, I need a 100% reliable service.

There's something to be said for calling a driver you know well who has your number and knows where you live. That's worth a few hundred baht.

Me: "Hi Jack, can you pick me up on Thursday at 10 am to go airport?''

Jack: "No problems"

Me: "See you then"

End of conversation. He's waiting for me at 9:45 am.

Well I ain't gonna pay more than 1000 and he always had his drivers show up in the past. Maybe it was just a bad day, who knows.

They (Mr T) were having a bad day on other occasions too, including the last time I used them. It's no major problem if they're having a bad day when returning to Pattaya as there isn't a strict time concern, but if they are having a bad day when I need to catch a flight, my day can be ruined. I don't care about a couple of hundred of baht, I need a 100% reliable service.

There's something to be said for calling a driver you know well who has your number and knows where you live. That's worth a few hundred baht.

There is no such thing as 100% service in Thailand. I have arranged things like this in the past, then they send their friend instead after confirming they would be there personally. I think now in Thailand it is an "employee's" market with less than 1% unemployment. Mr. T may not contact that driver again who failed to show up, doesn't matter a half dozen other places will. Years past when Mr. T was still at the helm and drivers had less options things worked better. We are talking about a bargain taxi service and expecting premium dependability. The two can't go hand in hand. Not even Jack can deliver that..

As far as Ii know Meow uses Camry LPG and her boot fits plenty of cases - last time 2 of us 2 cases and 2 hand luggage

Why is it everyone keeps saying she will not be in business long - she is in business and will continue to do so - mainly because she does not follow Thai logic

Try her and then comment

Socrates, I am not knocking your friend meow, i was stating that if she does not use LPG it would be difficult to operate a sustainable profit on such low margins. Finance on a Camry would run to nearly 1000 a day for a start.

You said she uses LPG but I am not convinced you could fit more than one big case in the boot with LPG tank. Maybe I am wrong?

There is no such thing as 100% service in Thailand. I have arranged things like this in the past, then they send their friend instead after confirming they would be there personally. I think now in Thailand it is an "employee's" market with less than 1% unemployment. Mr. T may not contact that driver again who failed to show up, doesn't matter a half dozen other places will. Years past when Mr. T was still at the helm and drivers had less options things worked better. We are talking about a bargain taxi service and expecting premium dependability. The two can't go hand in hand. Not even Jack can deliver that..

Yes he can and he does... or course you wouldn't know that because you haven't tried him. I and many of my friends have. Combined we've probably notched up between 150 - 200 runs over 7 years. I'm still waiting for my first disappointment.

• 2 weeks later...

Try her and then comment

Socrates, I am not knocking your friend meow, i was stating that if she does not use LPG it would be difficult to operate a sustainable profit on such low margins. Finance on a Camry would run to nearly 1000 a day for a start.

You said she uses LPG but I am not convinced you could fit more than one big case in the boot with LPG tank. Maybe I am wrong?

post-158287-0-73223200-1416602770_thumb.

Photo of the boot of Meows Camry - plenty of room...

Archived