Phuket Sydictive Party Boss To Sue Complainants

webfact

Phuket Sydictive party boss to sue complainants

Nattha Thepbamrung

PHUKET: -- Jirat “Champ” Petnunthawong, MD of Sydictive Element, which staged the controversial New Year’s party on Patong Beach, has announced that he will bring civil and criminal defamation suits against complainants who held a press conference last Wednesday (March 6) in Bangkok.

On his Instagram account, Mr Jirat said, “I would like to say that the allegations that some people have announced in the media about me are not true. My lawyer is drawing up a case against them. Whoever said these things must be prosecuted under both the civil and criminal law.”

The Manageronline news site confirmed that the Petnunthawong family had instructed their lawyer to prosecute Anandadvip “Chai” Jayankura Na Ayuthaya, a Thai celebrity who owns Anandadvip International Co with “many charges”, and that the family would stage their own press conference to rebut the accusations made in the Wednesday press conference.

Mr Anandadvip told The Phuket News today that he was not worried by the threat of a defamation suit, and was ready to go to the court.

“Reality is always reality,” he said. “I knew before I started that he would sue me. I’m not worried because I have enough evidence and witnesses to prove what I said was true.”

Last Wednesday’s press conference was held at the Phaholyothin offices of the Royal Thai Police Crime Suppression Division.

Apart from Mr Chai, the speakers were Jechiya Atichatmanee, the owner of No Limit Co, and Roman Shackih, who bought B100,000 VIP tickets for the event.

Anandadvip International Co and No Limit Co were both hired to promote and market the event.

Mr Anandadvip said that anyone else with a complaint against Sydictive Element was welcome to join in a class action suit against the party organisers.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-sydictive-party-boss-to-sue-complainants-37686.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2013-03-11

So the fisaco continues. Does anyone know the allegations that were brought in in the press conference on the 6th?

Is that a typing mistake? You probably wanted to write "so the fun continues". Fun it is, for us onlookers and for the press. Mudslinging at its finest.

The only defence to defamation is truth. Khun Anandadvip knows the game and being a Na Ayudhaya means he has nothing to worry about anyway. Note the squealing from the defendant saying civil and criminal charges. Nothing 'criminal' in what Khun Anandadvip has done. As always - attack in Thailand is the best form of defence - by their reckoning.