Have Honda Increased Their Bike Prices Recently?

chris2004

I've been looking to buy a new Honda Click idling stop for the past 2 months but held off hoping the Pound would increased (some chance). I check every now and then on the price but every time i do it seems to go up a few hundred baht. When i first checked the basic bike was 52,500 now it's 54,500. Have Honda increased their prices recently or is it my local dealer Mityon pushing up their quotes.

Honda just gives a manufacturer's suggested retail price (MSRP). The shops can sell for any price they want.

Apart from that, its not unusual that a price goes up the more often you come back to a shop and ask for it. TiT smile.png

Edited by wantan

Why not open a thread here "Price for Honda 125i Click idling stop" to collect some information? But usually Hondas bestsellers are sold above MSRP. Wave, Click, ... whatever people buy most is high priced.

I only know ths source. But there are thai websites and magazines afaik with same informations:

http://www.motorcycle.in.th/staticpages/index.php/Honda_Motorcycle_Price_List

some dealers are quoting 158k for the forza with 3rd class insuirance ,jacket and a helmet thrown in

others are quoting 160-170k + charging for additional extras

in this age of free information it shouldnt be too hard to compare prices and deals between shops

and maybe more bikes will sell for MRSP instead of 10-15% more

Monopoly (or near monopoly) will tend to lead to increasing prices. Its kind of the purpose of getting a monopoly. There's really only the two bike companies in Thailand now, and Yamaha isn't even much of a factor, alas.

Two bike companies in Thailand?

With a 70% market share there's only one - take a wild guess which one!

You see their dealerships on every other corner...

Actually in January I checked the price for a new CBR150R and I'm sure it was 82,900 - now the same shop is asking 79,900.

They probably don't sell well because of the CBR250 - Honda is its biggest competition there.

The 250 sold like hotcakes, now there are lots of used ones for 10,000 baht more than a new 150!

Actually in January I checked the price for a new CBR150R and I'm sure it was 82,900 - now the same shop is asking 79,900.

They probably don't sell well because of the CBR250 - Honda is its biggest competition there.

The 250 sold like hotcakes, now there are lots of used ones for 10,000 baht more than a new 150!

Somebody gave figures on here a while ago, and the CBR150 outsold the 250 by quite a large number.

Somebody gave figures on here a while ago, and the CBR150 outsold the 250 by quite a large number.

Please post a link so others can read what you are talking about. "Somebody" "somewhere" "some time ago" "large number" are not exactly facts.

My guess is that the facts are that way more 150s have been sold because they have been produced for at least a decade?

Or are you saying that the 150 outsold the 250 in the last year?