BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
chris2004

Good Deal On New Lg 50In Tv

I was in Macro today and noticed that they are selling new LG 50 in TVs for 16,590 baht. That's much less than i've seen anywhere else. A good deal for someone if they are looking to upgrade.

That will be a plasma presumably?

Must be I think. I bought one about 6 months ago, possibly the same model, for 22000. It's actually surprisingly good for the money.

That will be a plasma presumably?

yes plasma but still a pretty good price none the less.

i bought a plasma about 8 years ago here from Numchai for just about 100K, was good for 6 years then started playing up so binned it.

It's quite a lot to pay for a 50" heat radiator in the room...

Was about the going rate at the time.

I bought an LG 50 inch Plasma model 50PA4500-TF BTMLLBT at Big C for 18,000 baht 6 months ago.

The picture is lovely in a darkened room watching movies.

During the day there is quite a lot of glare from the glass screen but you get used to it. ( or shut the curtains )

The sticker on the back says power consumtion is 280 watts, so not too hot, in fact the old 28 inch Sony cathode ray TV it replaced used 170 watts.

Edited by johng

It probably wont be so much as an upgrade but a non-full HD, Plasma.

But if all you got at home is something like Sophon cable, then you don't really need full HD anyway.

The cheap plasma models I have seen in Macro are indeed 1080p and have all the other features one would expect. As far as I know they are cheap because manufacturers are winding down the production of plasma models.

The cheap plasma models I have seen in Macro are indeed 1080p and have all the other features one would expect. As far as I know they are cheap because manufacturers are winding down the production of plasma models.

Then that seems a very very good buy if it is 1080

The cheap LG plasma's at Makro are Model 50PT250R 720P 1366 x 768.

The cheap LG plasma's at Makro are Model 50PT250R 720P 1366 x 768.

Thought as much.. not a great deal but still OK if you don't intend to use it for anything HD..

I agree. They get very very hot and also cost way more to run then an LED.

The ones that I saw in Makro were 1080p but they were a bit more expensive and a bit smaller. It was a while ago though and so at some point I still expect the price to go down and the screen size to go up.

I agree. They get very very hot and also cost way more to run then an LED.

Yes they do get hot and use more electricity but as they cost about 20,000 Baht less than the LED versions it takes a long time to get back the extra outlay. Something like 7 years at 10 hours a day and I for one watch nothing like that much TV.

• Like 2