Digital Camera

Does anyone know anything about the BRICA line of cameras they sell here in Thailand. Can find almost nothing about Brica on the net. Thanks

I got one Brica with 7 mp its cheap and works well. My Kodak went with me in the Waterfall and submerged and still worked ...but the Pics wheren't good anymore after the Fall. I will tell you how the Brica is doing after submerging it... :o

Seriously it is a lovely Product but make shure you don't have a shaky hand ... it isn't very forgiving about that...

rcm :D

I've had one for couple of years and I think it's crap. Cheap, yes. Guess I got what I paid for. :o

Thanks RCM and Ken. The only thing I could find on the net about Brica was a glowing report that sounded like it must have been written by the manufacter and therefore meaningless. After hours of reading camera reviews I think I may go with the Canon A 410. I need a pocket camera 8000 Baht maximum that takes good close-ups. But any more info about Brica would still be appreciated.

Miami Bob

Digital cameras are VERY expensive in Thailand. Have someone from your home country or yourself buy one there and bring it to Thailand if you can. The Canon A410 for instance costs 7000 baht in Thailand, but just 5000 in the USA. So you could either save substantially or get more camera for your budget.

I have been following released of digital cameras as a hobby. Tell me what your budgets are in THB of course and I'll tell you what to go for. I a member of various international digital camera forums.

Just to disagree with someone mentioning that digital cams in thailand are expensive. They are not. They are reasonably priced and prices drop rather fast here compared to UK or USA. They can even be cheaper to Malaysia or Singapore.

• 2 years later...
Digital cameras are VERY expensive in Thailand. Have someone from your home country or yourself buy one there and bring it to Thailand if you can. The Canon A410 for instance costs 7000 baht in Thailand, but just 5000 in the USA. So you could either save substantially or get more camera for your budget.

or you could fly to singapore or malaysia and bargin for a camera. more camera shops in these large shopping centers than thailand has. the sheer amount helps keep prices down.

i only stick to canon. i'm happy with my 10mp 950 IS compact

I agree Brica is not something of quality. A good source of current gray market price in Thailand is http://www.geetang.com/en/index.php

These are likely gray market so have local shop guarantee rather than manufacturers so good for those living in Thailand but not so good for visitors (in the unlikely event they need service).

Don't believe you can go far wrong with the Canon and Panasonic models but always best to use Google and read reviews from a number of countries before you decide on a specific model. I love wide angle so 28mm or more is a must and if you shoot any movie mode (or even low light) the image stabilization is amazing (for low/middle level - high end you would probably know to set a higher speed yourself).