Land Prices Double In Songkhla, Phuket Since 2010

Lite Beer

This is the ONLY house a foreigner can 100% "freehold" own, in their own name, in Thailand, any other property leaves you somewhat exposed, but the tax to get it here would be a killer. smile.pngsmile.pngsmile.pngsmile.png

It also gets around the transport issues on the island. smile.pngsmile.png

www.gowinnebago.com

Surely the running costs would be the real killer?

Why? It would be parked most of the time, on "public" land. Or, you could actually rent a small parcel of land, and anytime the Thai landlord wants to kick you off, at least you can take your house with you, not like now, where the Thai gf/wife keeps it or the Thai Landord. smile.pngsmile.pngsmile.pngsmile.png

It's 100% in your name, registered at The Land Transport Office, not The Land Titles Office. No dodgy company structures, no Thai partners/nominees needed, no need to put it in the gf's or wife's name etc etc.

It is the only house a foreigner can 100% own, in their name, in Thailand. I'm happy if anyone can prove this wrong. smile.pngsmile.png

I believe you are probably right about ownership but I Think running costs would kill the project.

I lived full time in a camper van in the south of Spain for years.

Unless you had a permanent shade, the cost of air-conditioning would be out of the question.

For sure, you would need to eat out always or cook outside.

Cooking creates a lot of smoke, dirt and smells.

You would regularly have to empty the grey water and black tanks.

Do you assume that you would have water on site?

Sites with facilities are costly.

Winni's are usually large and would not necessarily fit well on some of the roads you might like to travel.

Security would be a hell of a problem.

But,

Having said that, if you say it fast, then yes it probably is the only house you can own 100%,

(but it's an impractical solution for many reasons).

50 mil per rai in hat yai....10mil in Sadao...?

That makes all the farmers in the adjacent areas dollar millionaires.....

Yeah right...

...and how many units can you squeeze into a rai to make it profitable?...the sums don't add up...

....just bs talk by some developer, no doubt with nefarious intents

Actually, in 2000 I personally met several old farmers on the west coast of Ireland who had cashed in on their land price boom and they were Euro millionaires! It can and did happen there so why not here?

And look what happened there.Ghost housing estates that are being knocked down as no one can afford to but them

50 mil per rai in hat yai....10mil in Sadao...?

That makes all the farmers in the adjacent areas dollar millionaires.....

Yeah right...

...and how many units can you squeeze into a rai to make it profitable?...the sums don't add up...

....just bs talk by some developer, no doubt with nefarious intents

Actually, in 2000 I personally met several old farmers on the west coast of Ireland who had cashed in on their land price boom and they were Euro millionaires! It can and did happen there so why not here?

And look what happened there.Ghost housing estates that are being knocked down as no one can afford to but them

Sure, but what about those millions then?

The poor farmers and their families had them despite what happened to the houses.

The guys that I met just sold the land and it was the speculators that got clobbered.

Karma eh?

The speculators caused to price hike so that locals could not afford to buy, and then they were, in their turn, clobbered.

This is the ONLY house a foreigner can 100% "freehold" own, in their own name, in Thailand, any other property leaves you somewhat exposed, but the tax to get it here would be a killer. smile.pngsmile.pngsmile.pngsmile.png

www.gowinnebago.com

Why? It would be parked most of the time, on "public" land. Or, you could actually rent a small parcel of land, and anytime the Thai landlord wants to kick you off, at least you can take your house with you, not like now, where the Thai gf/wife keeps it or the Thai Landord. smile.pngsmile.pngsmile.pngsmile.png

It's 100% in your name, registered at The Land Transport Office, not The Land Titles Office. No dodgy company structures, no Thai partners/nominees needed, no need to put it in the gf's or wife's name etc etc.

It is the only house a foreigner can 100% own, in their name, in Thailand. I'm happy if anyone can prove this wrong. smile.pngsmile.png

I believe you are probably right about ownership but I Think running costs would kill the project.

Unless you had a permanent shade, the cost of air-conditioning would be out of the question.

Winni's are usually large and would not necessarily fit well on some of the roads you might like to travel.

But,

Having said that, if you say it fast, then yes it probably is the only house you can own 100%,

Would have to agree. After having a fair few 'camper' holidays, I can certainly say I couldn't live in one full time.

• Like 1

A registered 30 year lease is safe. It is registered both at the land department and on the land title deed itself in the same way that a mortgage is. It really depends on the price paid upfront as to whether it represents good value or not.

At least in Bangkok there are quite a few hotel & retail projects where both the lessor and lessee are Thai or 100% Thai owned entities so it's not only a vehicle for foreign investment. I understand that the general rule of thumb for valuing a 30 year lease on prime land in BKK is about 60% of the freehold value.

A registered 30 year lease is safe. It is registered both at the land department and on the land title deed itself in the same way that a mortgage is. It really depends on the price paid upfront as to whether it represents good value or not.

At least in Bangkok there are quite a few hotel & retail projects where both the lessor and lessee are Thai or 100% Thai owned entities so it's not only a vehicle for foreign investment. I understand that the general rule of thumb for valuing a 30 year lease on prime land in BKK is about 60% of the freehold value.

As example rock hard a go go in Patong beach along with Paradise on the beach were both originally on a 15 year leases. (as I recall 3,500 and 5,000 thb). Needless to say both turned out to be extremely profitable.... giggle.gif

www.gowinnebago.com

Why? It would be parked most of the time, on "public" land. Or, you could actually rent a small parcel of land, and anytime the Thai landlord%2

www.gowinnebago.com

Why? It would be parked most of the time, on "public" land. Or, you could actually rent a small parcel of land, and anytime the Thai landlord%2

See post #32 :-

But,