Honda Cb 500 X

anto

It's a pity so many riders choose bikes on cheapness, instead of the actual bike.

you are absolutely right, tomorrow i will order a Panigale

Good lad.

Kit it out with the Versys shocks and forks and you've got a good allrounder.

Now now...Ducati has their own Versy/Honda X type bike....

..Hypermotard_2013_Amb-14_R_1920x1080.medi

Edited by mania

It's a pity so many riders choose bikes on cheapness, instead of the actual bike.

you are absolutely right, tomorrow i will order a Panigale

Good lad.

Kit it out with the Versys shocks and forks and you've got a good allrounder.

Now now...Ducati has their own Versy/Honda X type bike....

..Hypermotard_2013_Amb-14_R_1920x1080.medi

...tissue please

I have owned a Versys and my Thai friend has let me ride his CB500x...  I of course currently have a CBR500r...

Versys:

Feels heavy at slow speeds and is very tall.  Very comfortable when on the open road, the 650 twin engine vibrates a lot but that is normal given it's a big twin, feels powerful but it is a 650 twin so I think it has more to do with the thumping sound of the exhaust making it feel powerful; there is plenty of power for everyday riding though, more than the Honda because it's of course a bigger engine.  I thought it was terrible in heavy traffic, hard to park and get out of a parking spot because of the weight.  It's a great bike but my opinion built more for the open road and a little cross country off road action.  It feels and is a very solid machine structurally.

CB500x:

Feels very light and neutral even in heavy traffic but like the Versys unless you are a very skilled rider making a tight low speed turn can be challenging - you don't feel like you will fall over though on the CB500x like you do on the Versys in certain situations.  ABS is very good on the Honda, Versys ABS kicks in and you know it and it will surprise you, Honda very light actuation not startling like the Kawa.  On the highway, very comfortable but a lighter feel than the Versys, Versys seems to ride better because it feels heavier and the suspension is definitely of higher caliber given it's somewhat adjustable to the riders wieght.  Power, although not as powerful as the Kawa there is plenty of power available for just about any riding condition.  Bike is also lower to the ground so makes it easier for shorter riders to handle it when stationary at a stoplight or other lower speeds.

Both bikes are great.  I think given the price point the CB500x wins for me.  I did enjoy my Versys but the main reason I sold it was because I just couldn't ride it comfortably in all conditions, the CB500x really sort of solves that for this category of bike, of course just comparing these two bikes and no others.  End of the day it really depends on what type of riding you want to do and what your willing to live with, you can't go wrong with either one.

Nice review.

I'm sold.

:D

I have owned a Versys and my Thai friend has let me ride his CB500x... I of course currently have a CBR500r...

Versys:

Feels heavy at slow speeds and is very tall. Very comfortable when on the open road, the 650 twin engine vibrates a lot but that is normal given it's a big twin, feels powerful but it is a 650 twin so I think it has more to do with the thumping sound of the exhaust making it feel powerful; there is plenty of power for everyday riding though, more than the Honda because it's of course a bigger engine. I thought it was terrible in heavy traffic, hard to park and get out of a parking spot because of the weight. It's a great bike but my opinion built more for the open road and a little cross country off road action. It feels and is a very solid machine structurally.

CB500x:

Feels very light and neutral even in heavy traffic but like the Versys unless you are a very skilled rider making a tight low speed turn can be challenging - you don't feel like you will fall over though on the CB500x like you do on the Versys in certain situations. ABS is very good on the Honda, Versys ABS kicks in and you know it and it will surprise you, Honda very light actuation not startling like the Kawa. On the highway, very comfortable but a lighter feel than the Versys, Versys seems to ride better because it feels heavier and the suspension is definitely of higher caliber given it's somewhat adjustable to the riders wieght. Power, although not as powerful as the Kawa there is plenty of power available for just about any riding condition. Bike is also lower to the ground so makes it easier for shorter riders to handle it when stationary at a stoplight or other lower speeds.

Both bikes are great. I think given the price point the CB500x wins for me. I did enjoy my Versys but the main reason I sold it was because I just couldn't ride it comfortably in all conditions, the CB500x really sort of solves that for this category of bike, of course just comparing these two bikes and no others. End of the day it really depends on what type of riding you want to do and what your willing to live with, you can't go wrong with either one.

How much did honda big wing pay you for that review? Joking! :) I intended to buy the touring x model at first it was a close call in the decision. I wasnt happy with the build if quality and especially the seat was abit loose and moving. Didnt look as rock solid as the seat of cbr500 and the full fairing just made me think I get some quality for the money compared to the x Wich has some cheap plastic Looks for fairing (whole body).

If the quality was abit better like closer to the Versys I would definitely get the x.i always wanted the versys but it's out of the budget range for me at the moment. There was a time when I had those cash and could spend 400k in cash for a car. But not these days :)

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by xastunts
  • Like 1

How much did honda big wing pay you for that review? Joking! smile.png I intended to buy the touring x model at first it was a close call in the decision. I wasnt happy with the build if quality and especially the seat was abit loose and moving. Didnt look as rock solid as the seat of cbr500 and the full fairing just made me think I get some quality for the money compared to the x Wich has some cheap plastic Looks for fairing (whole body).

If the quality was abit better like closer to the Versys I would definitely get the x.i always wanted the versys but it's out of the budget range for me at the moment. There was a time when I had those cash and could spend 400k in cash for a car. But not these days smile.png

Agree with the perceived quality, again though, it's over 100k baht cheaper smile.png... I prefer my CBR500r to, while the X is actually nice to ride it's really intended for the road which is why it's not so heavy duty as compared to the Versys. It's just depends on what you want, I don't drive off road so CBR is good for me, some people like the looks of the X though, appears to be a multi-purpose bike like the Versys. At the end of the day though it would go through most reasonable stuff off-road.

I tend to look at things from a cost versus purpose perspective. Given where and how a lot of people drive in Thailand the Honda 500 series are a great choice especially considering the price, the Kawa 650, great bikes, excellent build but price is higher and I myself don't see the advantage unless you really like a big twin, some people do, some people don't.

Edited by commande

How much did honda big wing pay you for that review? Joking! Posted Image I intended to buy the touring x model at first it was a close call in the decision. I wasnt happy with the build if quality and especially the seat was abit loose and moving. Didnt look as rock solid as the seat of cbr500 and the full fairing just made me think I get some quality for the money compared to the x Wich has some cheap plastic Looks for fairing (whole body).

If the quality was abit better like closer to the Versys I would definitely get the x.i always wanted the versys but it's out of the budget range for me at the moment. There was a time when I had those cash and could spend 400k in cash for a car. But not these days Posted Image

Agree with the perceived quality, again though, it's over 100k baht cheaper Posted Image...  I prefer my CBR500r to, while the X is actually nice to ride it's really intended for the road which is why it's not so heavy duty as compared to the Versys.  It's just depends on what you want, I don't drive off road so CBR is good for me, some people like the looks of the X though, appears to be a multi-purpose bike like the Versys.  At the end of the day though it would go through most reasonable stuff off-road.

I tend to look at things from a cost versus purpose perspective.  Given where and how a lot of people drive in Thailand the Honda 500 series are a great choice especially considering the price, the Kawa 650, great bikes, excellent build but price is higher and I myself don't see the advantage unless you really like a big twin, some people do, some people don't.

One of my biggest concerns with the CBR is the strong wind resistance im getting when cruising at about 130kmph + it starts gets abit uncomfortable.

I know that with the x I could replace the tiny windshield for a huge one like those modded versys have.

And also for those huge side rack bags its perfect for those trips when you need to carry half you're wardrobe of you're thai gf clothes and make up :) .

I have seen some models of side bags for the sports bikes on panda rider's website though. They are smaller and looks better on a sport bike than those squarred givi bags does.

I have also seen a big luggage rack in the back middle behind rear seat with back lean cushion. It fits 2 full face helmet I think it was from the brand shat but not sure if I spelled that right. I think I'm gonna get that one too start with and a pretty huge tank bag.

Do you have any bags for ur cbr yet? :)

How much did honda big wing pay you for that review? Joking! smile.png I intended to buy the touring x model at first it was a close call in the decision. I wasnt happy with the build if quality and especially the seat was abit loose and moving. Didnt look as rock solid as the seat of cbr500 and the full fairing just made me think I get some quality for the money compared to the x Wich has some cheap plastic Looks for fairing (whole body).

If the quality was abit better like closer to the Versys I would definitely get the x.i always wanted the versys but it's out of the budget range for me at the moment. There was a time when I had those cash and could spend 400k in cash for a car. But not these days smile.png

Agree with the perceived quality, again though, it's over 100k baht cheaper smile.png... I prefer my CBR500r to, while the X is actually nice to ride it's really intended for the road which is why it's not so heavy duty as compared to the Versys. It's just depends on what you want, I don't drive off road so CBR is good for me, some people like the looks of the X though, appears to be a multi-purpose bike like the Versys. At the end of the day though it would go through most reasonable stuff off-road.

I tend to look at things from a cost versus purpose perspective. Given where and how a lot of people drive in Thailand the Honda 500 series are a great choice especially considering the price, the Kawa 650, great bikes, excellent build but price is higher and I myself don't see the advantage unless you really like a big twin, some people do, some people don't.

One of my biggest concerns with the CBR is the strong wind resistance im getting when cruising at about 130kmph + it starts gets abit uncomfortable.

I know that with the x I could replace the tiny windshield for a huge one like those modded versys have.

And also for those huge side rack bags its perfect for those trips when you need to carry half you're wardrobe of you're thai gf clothes and make up smile.png .

I have seen some models of side bags for the sports bikes on panda rider's website though. They are smaller and looks better on a sport bike than those squarred givi bags does.

I have also seen a big luggage rack in the back middle behind rear seat with back lean cushion. It fits 2 full face helmet I think it was from the brand shat but not sure if I spelled that right. I think I'm gonna get that one too start with and a pretty huge tank bag.

Do you have any bags for ur cbr yet? smile.png

Only thing I have for my CBR is a generic Tank Bag that I have had for years, everything else I place into my backpack.

You must be a Canadian giant, Im 5'-8" and the X feels all wrong to me. The CBR 500 though, feels like we should be together and live happily ever after.

You been to Thailand? I thought you lived in Canada.

I'm a middle sized Aussie living in Chiang Mai most of the year. I think I know what you mean by the feeling - it does feel like you are more part of a bike when your more of your weight is over the front end, but I find that is tiring for longer distances, and leads to back pain if the angle is too steep. A few hours on the X and I think you adjust to the different weight distribution.

You must be a Canadian giant, Im 5'-8" and the X feels all wrong to me. The CBR 500 though, feels like we should be together and live happily ever after.

I'm a middle sized Aussie living in Chiang Mai most of the year. I think I know what you mean by the feeling - it does feel like you are more part of a bike when your more of your weight is over the front end, but I find that is tiring for longer distances, and leads to back pain if the angle is too steep. A few hours on the X and I think you adjust to the different weight distribution.

hmmm...i prefer to have the handlebars lower, to me its less strenuous after a few hours, opposed to having to hold your arms higher up.

I have long arms though.

The X definately has a comfy seat though ! But the R is point and shoot !

hmmm...i prefer to have the handlebars lower, to me its less strenuous after a few hours, opposed to having to hold your arms higher up.

I have long arms though.

well good thing that honda offers 3 different models in the 500 series, different strokes for different folks

• Like 1

I have long arms though.

Comfy seat?? It might be soft to sit on but it's abit loose and moves around. It should be rock solid and stay on its place! And the beginning of the seat just at the tank is a pure joke. It's spread open and doesn't seems like a good job at all. If I had the x bike I would be the first in que to get a good quality aftermarket seat.

So to buy a Honda from a Bigwing where do you have to go?

Where are the Bigwing centres?

I guess Bangkok, Patts and CM but where else in the country are there Honda Bigwings?

Is there a list online as I cannot find it after an initial look.

Personally I want to know the nearest place to Ubon Ratchathani.

All branches would be nice though.

Thanks

biggrin.png

I guess Bangkok, Patts and CM but where else in the country are there Honda Bigwings?

Thanks

Posted Image

02 725 4000 that's their call center and they speak English. I found only big wing in bkk so no need to go to their website.

• Like 1

Thanks

Posted Image

02 725 4000 that's their call center and they speak English. I found only big wing in bkk so no need to go to their website.

Thanks very much I will give them a call.

:D

• Like 1