Honda Cb 500 X

anto

You think that will fit the cbr as well?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

i think the passenger handles on cb500x is connected to the chassis a bit different than cbr500r.

You think that will fit the cbr as well?

i think the passenger handles on cb500x is connected to the chassis a bit different than cbr500r.

fits all 3 so they say.....

http://www.gtautobike.com/product.detail_1002540_th_5283430

I'd be a bit wary of buying something like that for 990b off the net. Better to see what you're buying in person when it comes to something like that.

I bought it from an authorised Givi dealer........

Cool.

Except for one thing.

It isn't made my Givi.

They have the same nameless local made one for the CBR150 & 250 for 950b.

The Givi ones, with Givi written in the title and all over the poster for them are 2000 and 3000b for the 150/250.

Link

The 9xx baht ones are the nameless local made ones. One reason why I don't really buy off the net.

It of course may be fine, but I personally prefer piece of mind when it comes to something big and heavy attached to the back of my bike that may come off and cause a serious accident.

Edited by Salapoo

I'd be a bit wary of buying something like that for 990b off the net. Better to see what you're buying in person when it comes to something like that.

Cool.

Except for one thing.

It isn't made my Givi.

The Givi ones, with Givi written in the title and all over the poster for them are 2000 and 3000b for the 150/250.

Link

The 9xx baht ones are the nameless local made ones. One reason why I don't really buy off the net.

It of course may be fine, but I personally prefer piece of mind when it comes to something big and heavy attached to the back of my bike that may come off and cause a serious accident.

lets hope when it drops to bits and falls off, you're not riding behind me.....

Edited by piston broke
  • Like 1

Cool.

Except for one thing.

It isn't made my Givi.

Link

actually I think you gotta point there I was thinking that if you used these copy it might not be as strong as the original and if you have also have a Givi top box that is also a copy and then you let your girlfriend leaning her back on it and then when you drive at least 130 kilometers per hour you don't want that shit to break. I think the bracket itself its not a big concern it is more the top box itself that is maybe the one you should be scared of. Once that bracket is installed maybe you can hang on it and put a lot of force to see if it seems to be strong enough. Or you just use this box for personal use and you never let any girl friends leaning her back on it ha ha.

• Like 1

What makes Givi better?

Just wondering.

They have a name to protect so the racks tend to be better designed. Not just the same same with different mounts. I have the Givi SR1103 on my Cbr250. Excellent rack. I previously tried one of the cheap ones... it was actually to short for a passenger to fit on the bike... :blink:

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE Q6

Cool.

Except for one thing.

It isn't made my Givi.

Link

actually I think you gotta point there I was thinking that if you used these copy it might not be as strong as the original and if you have also have a Givi top box that is also a copy and then you let your girlfriend leaning her back on it and then when you drive at least 130 kilometers per hour you don't want that shit to break. I think the bracket itself its not a big concern it is more the top box itself that is maybe the one you should be scared of. Once that bracket is installed maybe you can hang on it and put a lot of force to see if it seems to be strong enough. Or you just use this box for personal use and you never let any girl friends leaning her back on it ha ha.

With the cheap boxes though ,all you would have to do is put a metal reinforcement like a big ass washer or metal strap to increase the surface area and it would increase the contact area of the stressed points of the mounting bolts.

• Like 1

What makes Givi better?

Just wondering.

They have a name to protect so the racks tend to be better designed. Not just the same same with different mounts. I have the Givi SR1103 on my Cbr250. Excellent rack. I previously tried one of the cheap ones... it was actually to short for a passenger to fit on the bike... blink.png

wouldnt be so bad if your passenger was hot ...!

What makes Givi better?

Just wondering.

They have a name to protect so the racks tend to be better designed. Not just the same same with different mounts. I have the Givi SR1103 on my Cbr250. Excellent rack. I previously tried one of the cheap ones... it was actually to short for a passenger to fit on the bike... Posted Image

wouldnt be so bad if your passenger was hot ...!

My passenger is always hot... it's the gf :D

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1371209203.603726.jpg

Just back from a few days on the roads around Nan, and wanted to have a gloat and gripe about the 500x.

First the gloat - it is so easy to ride the X! Light controls, great tyres that hang onto the road like a gecko, reasonable power, fairly economical, good (not great, but good) lights. Suspension soaks up most bumps easily. Riding position and seat are ok for hours at a time. I did a few 2hr+ sessions, and on the way back to CM one stretch of 4hrs. No problems.

Gripes - my main gripe is that the rearward sloping tank is a lousy shape for a larg-ish tank bag, and the upswept exhaust stuffs up the saddlebag option. This means that the worst location of all - the rack behind the line of rear wheel - takes a lot of luggage I would prefer to put elsewhere for good balance. A big minus for me this, as my gf likes to take her wardrobe, and I like to take a few extra tools as well as necessities (no, not a case of wine, but the top box probably ends up weighing nearly that much).

I would prefer more action from the rear brake than Mr Honda has allowed - lots of pressure for little result as is. Maybe disabling the ABS would help, but I'm reluctant to do that. Front brake is ok.

I HATE the location of the horn button above, rather than below, the indicator switch, and the lousy, ugly, useless #*!! digital tachometer.

I would love to know other riders pet peeves and pleasures with the X. And any solutions / improvements.

had mine for a couple of weeks now and can't fault it........maybe i'm easily pleased ?

CBR250

Congrats on your bike. Enjoy it!. 8 went for same break in. Though I occasionally went up to 9000rpm.

What's weird engineer at bigwing told me not more than 6000 or 120 kph. Then few days later I popped in the shop and senior engineer told the guy on the same new bike can easily go higher but don't red line it.not sure who is right.

About vibrations I have this as well it got better at 2000 km. however it is still there sometimes it gets worse when it's windy. Nothing major. I asked shop to try revving cbr500 and cb500f and compare it. Same results on both bike as with mine.

Damn Ian dying to get my bike back have few friends waiting for me to go for a ride. So tired of waiting

Sent from my HTC One using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• 3 weeks later...

I guess everyone got the letter giving us some cash back at next service to make up for shim costs. Good move by Honda marketing.

But on an entirely different topic - A better marketing move would have been to make a bike that didn't have so much plastic. I spent ages getting the fiddly little shrouds over the radiator off so I could put on a radiator guard - I'm not going to bother putting them back on - they are there only for appearance, and get in the way of cleaning and maintenance. Pity that the designers have such influence on the bike design. I'd prefer it if they let some jaded old riders and a couple of me mechanics give a yeah or nay to all design features before they hit production.

I guess everyone got the letter giving us some cash back at next service to make up for shim costs. Good move by Honda marketing.

what letter ??

I thought everyone who bought a 500 would have it by now. Dated 28th June and sent from Honda Big Wing Team at AP Honda (not the local dwaler).

If you haven't got the letter, contact them and I am sure they will send one.

Pity that the designers have such influence on the bike design.

er, thats why they are called "designers"

Only by people who are being very polite. Many other appellations would be more apt.

Basic question I know... but just wanting to clean my exhaust headers on my 500F for the first time.

Im guessing the exhaust headers on the X are that same kinda golden/copper colour.

I do not know all the terms for parts etc but my actual exhaust at the back of the bike is the normal chrome colour = no problem.

My headers are this golden-copper ish colour. Is it still classified as chrome ?

Im just wondering if I buy a chrome cleaner and apply it to my headers if there will be a colour disfiguration. Or is a chrome cleaner the correct thing to apply to these coloured headers as I suspect ?

Have been on holiday for the last few weeks in Europe and am sooooo looking forward to a blast on the girl when I return.

Basic question I know... but just wanting to clean my exhaust headers on my 500F for the first time.

Im guessing the exhaust headers on the X are that same kinda golden/copper colour.

I do not know all the terms for parts etc but my actual exhaust at the back of the bike is the normal chrome colour = no problem.

My headers are this golden-copper ish colour. Is it still classified as chrome ?

Im just wondering if I buy a chrome cleaner and apply it to my headers if there will be a colour disfiguration. Or is a chrome cleaner the correct thing to apply to these coloured headers as I suspect ?

Have been on holiday for the last few weeks in Europe and am sooooo looking forward to a blast on the girl when I return.

I'm not a metallurgist, but I think the header pipes from the engine to the muffler are never chromed, and that the golden copperish colour is normal. No need to polish, just wash and enjoy the different shades that heat causes on the pipes.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I wanted the X, but the seat forced me to sit too far forward (188cm tall). The F fitted much better.

Easy to peel back the covering and carve the foam back and to shape, then have the upolstery guy restaple the cover back. You now have a $1000 Corbin seat! (Joking on the last.)

I wanted the X, but the seat forced me to sit too far forward (188cm tall). The F fitted much better.

Easy to peel back the covering and carve the foam back and to shape, then have the upolstery guy restaple the cover back. You now have a $1000 Corbin seat! (Joking on the last.)

I found it better to go with the F. It's a much better looking bike and it's 10k cheaper. Win win!

• 2 weeks later...

Anyway, I have a stupid question after a discussion with my mechanic who is also my friend. If the cb500 series needs valve adjustment @ 1000km, what's make Honda so sure that the valve does not need adjustment @ 2000km? Pardon my stupidity.

Was debating with him the whole night over this.