BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
george

Tourist Police Commander Targets Phuket Jet-Ski Rip-Offs

in many countries you need a licence to drive a jetski ... same for "big" motorcycles, so why people seem to think here, they can drive something they never did before without problems, plus the ripp-off maffia involved... should say enough not to use the "services" if you do not want a very bad turn to your holliday budget

Wait, let me feel the ground

Yep, cold to the touch

Its Official

HELL FROZE OVER!

• Like 1

"Mr Nucha defended the practices of local jet-ski operators" ...and walked away on the surface of the ocean without getting his feet wet.

• Like 1

So it took the Chinese for action to be taken. THAT is worth noting. thumbsup.gif

What action was taken ?

Lunch!!

• Like 2

What a load of BS! According to Yamaha a new jet ski is between $9k to $16K USD. http://www.yamahawaverunners.com

The owner of the jet ski that was wrecked in the accident with the yacht asked initially for ฿300,000 and settled for ฿100,000, which is almost $30,000 USD. Still a scam and always a scam, now justified by the head of the tourist police. Just as the over the top taxi and tuk tuk fares have been legitimized by the local government. But I also read that Bangkok is sending a team to take a look at all coastal property titles here. Hopefully some big heads will roll, but somehow I doubt it if the past is any indication of the future greed and corruption.

Glad to see you know you're maths! 100,000 baht is actually about 3000 dollars not 30,000

Glad to see you read all the replies. This error was pointed out many posts ago.

We all make mistakes. Chill.

• Like 2

What a load of BS! According to Yamaha a new jet ski is between $9k to $16K USD. http://www.yamahawaverunners.com

The owner of the jet ski that was wrecked in the accident with the yacht asked initially for ฿300,000 and settled for ฿100,000, which is almost $30,000 USD. Still a scam and always a scam, now justified by the head of the tourist police. Just as the over the top taxi and tuk tuk fares have been legitimized by the local government. But I also read that Bangkok is sending a team to take a look at all coastal property titles here. Hopefully some big heads will roll, but somehow I doubt it if the past is any indication of the future greed and corruption.

I believe you've added a zero...it's closer to $3,000. But a ripoff no doubt.

You're right. I do misplace a decimal point on occasion.

"We are working on the Chinese version"

He forgot to add the words 'very slowly' after 'working'.

Plenty more Chinese to scam in the meantime.

The headline reads 'Tourist Police Commander Targets Phuket Jet-Ski Rip-Offs'.

Where is this followed up in the article?

The headline reads 'Tourist Police Commander Targets Phuket Jet-Ski Rip-Offs'.

Where is this followed up in the article?

He was satisfied with what the jet ski boys had to say. So, no problem.

How do you say "Big Trouble in Tourist Thailand" in Mandarin?

"Mr Nucha defended the practices of local jet-ski operators" ...and walked away on the surface of the ocean without getting his feet wet.

I've heard of this before... Is he Elvis ?

• Like 1

in many countries you need a licence to drive a jetski ... same for "big" motorcycles, so why people seem to think here, they can drive something they never did before without problems, plus the ripp-off maffia involved... should say enough not to use the "services" if you do not want a very bad turn to your holliday budget

Hmm, news to me. Can you name one country that requires a license to ride a jet ski?

Maj Gen Roy said, “The jet-ski operators provide a good service to tourists.

This guy deserves a promotion. :rolleyes:

• Like 1