Accreditation Of Professional Qualifications

If you are trying to get certification that your degree is authentic, then it should come from the school that granted the degree. If you are from the US, there is a clearinghouse that can do that.

If that isn't what you want, I am not sure what you can do other than have your Embassy try to certify whatever it is for you.

• Like 1

Spot on Scott,

However it might be a trifle more informative if the O.P. ('rediculouspom') actually informed us to his or her actual documents status then hopefully more constructive advice and help can be given.

.I have just checked and ridiculouspom as the O.P started a similar thread on October 20th 2012, a host of replies and advice was given to him or her.

Edited by siampolee
  • Like 1

Spot on Scott,

However it might be a trifle more informative if the O.P. ('rediculouspom') actually informed us to his or her actual documents status then hopefully more constructive advice and help can be given.

.I have just checked and ridiculouspom as the O.P started a similar thread on October 20th 2012, a host of replies and advice was given to him or her.

Khao San rd. degrees can be verified in the same street.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Yes, I have verified a couple from Khao San and I know the MOE has verified a few as well. The holders of those degrees don't seem to be in Thailand any longer though.

What gives them away? Are they just poor quality? Full of misspellings?

If you are trying to get certification that your degree is authentic, then it should come from the school that granted the degree. If you are from the US, there is a clearinghouse that can do that.

I've never heard of such a clearinghouse; can you provide a link? I already have my degree and transcript papers (dusty and threadbare, as they are almost 30 years old by now) in hand, complete with the school seal (that gold foil & pressure stamp-thing they do to certify documents) so I thought that would be sufficient. But is there some clearinghouse that also needs to be contacted...?

That depends on the MOE and the school. There was a time when I had to verify (nearly) all degrees. Lately, it has been a little less intense--provided that they have the transcripts. You should be OK.

I can't provide you with a link, but you can Google National Clearinghouse, I believe--I have it on my work computer, not at home.