Danish Businessman Attacked And Robbed In Pattaya

webfact

Mr squeeky clean. I bet your shit don't stink.

"Mr Squeeky Clean" because all my income happens to be from entirely legitimate sources, and I dont have to hide any of it from anyone?

Well, in that case, I guess so. To me it just seems like normal behaviour. Having to hide things seems rather odd.

And you lost that bet. Maybe gambling debts are the reason people need to hide things?

• Like 1

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The last couple of pages of this thread have gotten quite interesting and I give kudos to the mod's for keeping a light hand on the delete key.

I cannot find any of lemoncakes points rational though, but his insistent banter has brought out some details in this matter that would probably have not been revealed otherwise. I still think this story will never be printed though as they have to much power in this town, unless they sacrifice a security guard for arrest on a simple assault charge to satisfy the BIB if pressure is being put on them.

If it is true how this family came to power by loaning money at a high interest against land titles, this gives me a hole new perspective about them. I would not put anything past them on what ta-ticks they would go to to collect money.

This soi in pattaya has really taken off in the past few years so I am sure the landlords are trying to get as money as possible out of leasers when new contracts are do. However if the events of this robbery are true they must have made a mistaken identity about the dane or felt they were owed this money for some other cockamamie reason.

What exact points you do not find rational?

The fact that paid amount does not add up to be rent?

The fact that no one else has been robbed and beaten by the said family?

IF?????? you actually believe in IF? They were always a wealthy family they were the first ones to start building around pattaya, look around 3rd, 2rd and you will find all their buildings, which are like 20-30 years old.

Back then land in Pattaya was dirt cheap.

They are NOT just father and daughter, but it is rather a big family with brothers and sisters who also married into money. Property's, hotels, restaurants, developments have been split up between the family members and each one controls its own domain.

According to a lawyer i have used, he believes they made money from "washing" for someone. No one including the local lawyer(who mind you, is very well connected) have any idea how they made the money for certain

So how about some posters educate themselves about the town and its people, before starting to post If's, but's and may be's

PS. The family member i rent from is a heart surgeon(not sure if he is directly related or wife is the relation)

Edited by lemoncake

It is quite clear many people do deals in cash to avoid tax, as for bank transfers never transfer money without an Invoice or written request stating what the money is for, the amount and the full bank details of the recipient.

As said before you could for years transfer funds, but only to accounts you had pre-registered with your bank, you could not do it like I do in the UK, I just go on line enter the sort code, account number, amount, and a reference, then Click the payment is made instantaneously, I also include my bank details with all my invoices, so simple.

1. Trolling? <deleted> are you talking about? I just find it disgusting my friend was attacked - is that so hard to understand? You are the one who are to thickheaded to understand, that you might end up having a bad experience yourself. If you also rent from these people.

2. About DD - I was just commenting on the guy labeling himself as "General Manager of DD" on Facebook, on a public profile, i don't find that wise. I find it utterly stupid - I didn't write anything else. Nowhere did i write about the amount of people...nowhere. So stop your crazy, non existing quotes of my posts. Let's keep DD out of it then.

3. Where do i write anything about cost of monthly rent, in Soi Diana? Nowhere!(Btw..the place is in Soi LK) - Or what exactly, the 300.000 + 120.000 baht covered?

I wrote that he was there to sign an extension of the lease, that's his own words - But It's not really the issue here.

The issue here is, that LK is complete scum, and they attacked and violently robbed one of their tenants, so he ended up with two broken legs, and a smashed back, in a wheelchair - and you apparently, are to thickheaded to see it.

Why do you claim in your every post, that i write something that i don't? Either you suffer from schizophrenia or you are the one trolling.

So good luck to you, with doing business with them - but i do hope that all other mentally sane people, that being Thai or Farang take precaution, when doing business with this family, so no one else gets hurt.

I personally find it to be a very important story to other people in Pattaya, either renting from this family or doing any sorts of business with them - and would really hope, that people would boycott the group and their Hotel's, as a whole.

People should not support this kind of behavior!

I rest my case - I guess ThaiVisa is not the place, for this case. Every other place on the internet, where this was posted/discussed, people had sympathy with the guy, and felt disgusted with the way that family acted. But in here on TV, people seems to think it's his own fault?

And keep dragging it off topic to a cash vs. bank transfer issue....that's simply just to weird.

'I rest my case - I guess ThaiVisa is not the place, for this case. Every

other place on the internet, where this was posted/discussed, people

had sympathy with the guy, and felt disgusted with the way that family

acted. But in here on TV, people seems to think it's his own fault?'

I've met him and him and his Aussie partner and they are very pleasant young gentlemen. No one would condone what happened to the boy and all decent folk including the vast majority of readers of this forum would agree with you that the attack on him was disgusting. You're letting a tiny minority annoy you, like yourself the rest of us know what's right and wrong.

There will always be those in whose eyes the Thais can do nothing wrong. These same type of falang that go round waiing all Thai people like nodding donkeys and speaking a sing song version of English with what they imagine to be a Thai accent.

I did not change my relationship to the dane, in question, at any point - he is a friend, and i think it's disgusting what happened to him.

Is he an acquaintance, friend, lover or family? This incident happened 3-weeks ago. Time to calm down and accept it. And what you describe as "good friends" are actually called acquaintancesBad things happen all over the world to all sorts of people .... sometimes even to us or people we know. You are just not stop ranting repeating the same thing over and over. I don't think anybody advocated being beaten and robbed is nice or right. And your friend may be telling the entire truth but if you have been on this planet any significant time then you know chances are this is his side of the story and there is another and the truth is usually found somewhere in between. Although it seems fairly clear your friend shouldn't have been beaten and robbed ... his story doesn't add up on a number of fronts. Edited by Nisa
  • Like 1

I did not change my relationship to the dane, in question, at any point - he is a friend, and i think it's disgusting what happened to him.

Is he an acquaintance, friend, lover or family? This incident happened 3-weeks ago. Time to calm down and accept it. And what you describe as "good friends" are actually called acquaintancesBad things happen all over the world to all sorts of people .... sometimes even to us or people we know. You are just not stop ranting repeating the same thing over and over. I don't think anybody advocated being beaten and robbed is nice or right. And your friend may be telling the entire truth but if you have been on this planet any significant time then you know chances are this is his side of the story and there is another and the truth is usually found somewhere in between. Although it seems fairly clear your friend shouldn't have been beaten and robbed ... his story doesn't add up on a number of fronts.

Nope - just a friend....no love story here smile.png

And no, we (his group of friends) will not accept it - and yes it's uphill here in Thailand, especially in Pattaya. But a lot of people are working in the background to see too, that some form of justice/revenge is done. And no it's not totally impossible, and some progress has all ready been done smile.png

The reason i repeat it, is just reply's to Fruitcake's nonsense posts. And NO i do not agree with you, that the truth, lies somewhere in between - not in this case.

Sometimes it certainly does, yes, but not with this story....not at all.

And again NO, i do not agree with you, that his story does not add up. Just because Fruitcake, can't make the amount fit with some lease extension, it doesn't mean that he is not telling the truth about the event.

I have read a lot of your post NISA, and you seem like a nice guy - but you always seem to have, a little bit, of a naive view and overly positive view on things, leaning towards the Thai's side of things. Me myself, is definitely NOT part of "the Thai bashing brigade" but in this incident, this Thai family really did go to far....waaaay to far.

As i wrote before - if they did not want to extend the lease, and wanted to rent it out to others, they could just have told him so, and refused to extend the lease when it ran out in December. Planning a violent attack and a robbery was not necessary.

And what i describe as good friends - are actually good friends. I'm part of a younger generation of expats, here in Thailand. We mostly live in bangkok, we are WAY younger, that the average TV member, and are WAY more, socially and business active, than most TV members - and most of us own quite successful businesses here, so we have a much bigger contact base, than old guys sitting in a room in Pattaya(No offense, but that is the reality), who have 3-10 drinking buddy's in the local bar. -

Therefore....yes. I have a very big group, that i call good friends, and so do a lot of the "new expat crowd" in Bangkok. Which include the Dane that was attacked....

I give up on fruitcake - he is beyond pedagogical reach...but still i hope that, he will not get the same treatment, from the LK Family as my friend did.

But no, Fruitcake, I'm not 100% aware of all, of the details in his business in Pattaya(as i really don't care), so i can't break down the amount, stolen from him for you (rent, "keymoney" or what ever you call it, lease, bribe, electric-bill, interior-design, balloons, whatever). Nor do i have or want any specific knowledge about the bar-scene in Pattaya.

I'm in the software business, and living in Bangkok, so it's not really relevant for me.

Do you keep a 100% tab on all your friends business-deals?(If you have any) I have like 30-40 good friends here in Bangkok, I can tell you roughly what they do, where they live, and what car they drive, and sometimes the name of their current girlfriend....but I don't have a 100% overview of their financial deals - and why would I?

According to my friend they attacked him, and stole 420.000 baht from him - and i have no reason not to believe him, as i've seen the video where it happens, and seen him in his wheelchair. If you find the amount strange, i could not care less. I really don't think, that is the important part of this story.

The relevant part is, that people renting from these scumbags, should be careful and we of cause, would like some kind of justice/revenge for our friend - and that is why the story is posted different places on the internet. And being presented to people, who these scumbags actually don't have any influence on...

In the software business, just like the guy who this happened to. A small app games developer in Thonglor, by any chance?

While I certainly have sympathy for you, why don't you come clean and acknowledge you are indeed that guy?

• Like 1

I give up on fruitcake - he is beyond pedagogical reach...but still i hope that, he will not get the same treatment, from the LK Family as my friend did.

But no, Fruitcake, I'm not 100% aware of all, of the details in his business in Pattaya(as i really don't care), so i can't break down the amount, stolen from him for you (rent, "keymoney" or what ever you call it, lease, bribe, electric-bill, interior-design, balloons, whatever). Nor do i have or want any specific knowledge about the bar-scene in Pattaya.

I'm in the software business, and living in Bangkok, so it's not really relevant for me.

Do you keep a 100% tab on all your friends business-deals?(If you have any) I have like 30-40 good friends here in Bangkok, I can tell you roughly what they do, where they live, and what car they drive, and sometimes the name of their current girlfriend....but I don't have a 100% overview of their financial deals - and why would I?

According to my friend they attacked him, and stole 420.000 baht from him - and i have no reason not to believe him, as i've seen the video where it happens, and seen him in his wheelchair. If you find the amount strange, i could not care less. I really don't think, that is the important part of this story.

The relevant part is, that people renting from these scumbags, should be careful and we of cause, would like some kind of justice/revenge for our friend - and that is why the story is posted different places on the internet. And being presented to people, who these scumbags actually don't have any influence on...

In the software business, just like the guy who this happened to. A small app games developer in Thonglor, by any chance?

While I certainly have sympathy for you, why don't you come clean and acknowledge you are indeed that guy?

Nope - i'm luckily not the guy that got attacked. I never lived or did business in Pattaya, I enjoy going there with the boys for a night out or two. And then that city get's to much for my taste.

I would guess, that the Dane that got attacked has at least 10-20, maybe 30 friends in Thailand that is involved in development with software, in some form. Weather it being APP's, SEO, Site development and real old-skool backend API's for different types of commercial industry's(like my company).

To be honest, i don't think the attacked Dane has any interest in posting in forums like this, with all the negative and crazy crap being posted - he made a public Facebook post, that is about that. Some of his other friends reposted it on LK Pattaya's Facebook page, it's still there - if people are interested in reading it...

Edited by TheOneWhoKnows
  • Like 1

All this talk of the Danish guy being a great guy is laughable really. Does that mean he doesn't swear and pays his bills on time he so is a great guy?

I will let you in on a little secret anybody who is involved in prostitution and making money of it is not viewed as a great guy by the majority of mainstream society.

Is it any real surprise that when you play in the gutter you get dirty? I don't think so.

I'm a great Guy and I never pay my bills on time and always swear! (drink in gogo's also)

Does that mean i'm really not a great guy?

I said he was a nice Guy not a great Guy BTW.

wink.png

Based on TV finest self-righteous, judgemental elite, and on the info you have just provided as regards your bills, swearing and drinking in a Go-Go's you should be taken out the back and shot..

how dare you do things like this...dont you know it just makes it harder and harder for the respectable farangs in Thailand, (who dont drink, smoke, go to church every Sunday and would never frequent an A Go Go,my g*d man, there are prostitutes working there, for them to get their visa's and its because of your actions, that they cant own land in Thailand.....tongue.png

• Like 1

After wading 9 pages of this thread...one can only conclude one thing with any certainty... Lemoncake = fruitcake....:thumbsup:

Well after reading through it all I have to agree. Lemoncake seems to have a view and will not waver from it and will clucth at straws to keep his internet ego.

It has nothing to do with ego or anything else but being fair.

I never blamed Dane for being attacked nor did I criticize payment method he chose.

As I have said , this is a one off and very unusual from the said family.

The one claiming otherwise keeps on ranting and posting drivel which keeps on changing with every post.

He is a friend, BUT does not know anything about the Dane .

Yes rental amounts do not add up, just as the fact that out of 3 Gogo "s only 1 has been closed down and all 3 are rented from the same family .

The one who has no clue has managed to drag in another few business and yet again does not have a clue.

According to some Dane is just a saint, well sorry to tell you but saints do not usually own strip and prostitution dens.

The one who has no clue, keeps on bashing owners of similar industry , yet his so called friend is owner of one.

Common sense only suggests that landlords do not just bash lease owners and steal their money after few years of business.

If you have other evidence to show otherwise please post it.

Do tell me another instance where same family did the same or an instance where they played gangsters.

Someone who i call a friend, not only i know what their business and deals are but i sure know who their business partners are

Unless of course you call everyone a friend after having few drinks together.

Earlier you stated he is legit and had BOI company, now you state he is software developer.

I may not be up to date, but i am pretty certain BOI does not set up software development.

But lets assume they do, so you know about his company set up, but you do not know about his business partners?blink.png

You know what bar was open and closed and for how long, but you do not know what he went to pay for?

You do not think its little strange that you are the only one claiming something is being done, while no other media has reported anything?

You also do not think its rather unusual for the said family NOT to remove links from their FB(as you claimed)?

Thank god, you your friend is using the brain to deal with it

This topic is just going round and round in circles and getting very personal, we have opted to re open it after a clean up but please stop this pointless bickering or there will be suspensions handed out.

First of all - Thanks to George for reopening the thread!

It's important for the Dane, that people actually know about this incident - so they take their own precautions, if they have leases with the alleged family. I would like to make a few things clear.

!. I'm not the Dane who got attacked, nor his lover ( smile.png ), or Family member - I'm just a friend.

2. If People have questions, i would gladly try to answer them to the best of my knowledge - I know most of the case, but not every tiny bit of detail(for example the content of his contracts, down to the letter).

3. People like "Lemon Cake" who apparently think something is dodgy, about the story: ASK, and point out why on earth you think the story is not true. I will try to answer to the best of my knowledge - but we can't name the woman, only the place where it took place(Hotel LK Metropole), the soi and who he had a contract with.(LK Group)

Facebook contains pictures of the attacked man, and his story - and is still on the Facebook page, of the Hotel where it took place.

Please keep the thread civil, and support a fellow expat - who was brutally attacked and robbed - for apparently no reason at all! (But a tiny bit of money, to all ready very wealthy people)