Staying In Phnom Pen

erco

Any suggestions on accommadation in Phnom Pen, a swimming pool would be nice but not essential.

i know they don't have a swimming pool but if you stay at the sunshine hotel you can drag in some of the nastiest bar girls and farm animals if thats your thing. but for some reason i think maybe one of the following might be better for you:

Deluxe

Raffles Le Royal

Le Royal has also been restored to it's original splendid French colonial architecture. The cool elegant marble lobby, the beautifully tropical gardens, the relaxing swimming pool, the elegantly designed rooms & restaurant transport you back to a more genteel era. Pure luxury with the flavour of bygone years.

Deluxe

Intercontinental

Ideally situated in the city centre, this 5* hotel offers luxury & comfort with beautiful decor of marble columns & bas-reliefs in the style of Angkor Wat. All the rooms are spacious with luxurious ornamental local art & decor.

Superior

Cambodiana

Formally a Sofitel hotel. Situated on the riverside with views over the three rivers & within walking distance of the Royal Palace. A fantastic location with all the luxuries of a deluxe hotel. All the rooms are spacious & beautifully decorated with Khmer artifacts & handicrafts. The Cabana has the best view of the sunrise over the Mekong River

Superior

MiCasa Hotel Apartments

Situated alongside Hotel Cambodiana, MiCasa also enjoys the view of the rivers. The hotel offers Studio suites & Apartments from 1 bed to 3 beds. It also has all the hotel amenities like swimming pool, fitness centre & restaurant. It's a first class luxury apartment hotel with the comfort & convenience of a home

Stay at the Hotel Indochine, right on the water. $10. per night with aircon, fridge and cable TV. The Wagon Wheel, The Foreign Correspondents Club and many of Phnom Penh's finest restaurants are just down the street (although the place with the "nastiest bar-girls and farm animals" sounds darn interesting). :o

The Walkabout is basic but OK with a 24 hour bar,good beans on toast and big mugs of Char with all the local boozers within 2 minutes walk.

Howies bar,the Heart of Darkness and the Shanghai are full of very pleasant sort of well turned out nice young vietnamese ladies who take great delight in any opportunity to brush up on their English.

If you really like the place I can do you a deal on a bar (5 year lease)round the corner....I am not advertising just an opportunity.Unlike LOS you can work the bar with no silly farang-midnight-you are takin away a job a khmer can do restrictions....sabai and lee hia :o .

(although the place with the "nastiest bar-girls and farm animals" sounds darn interesting).

the sunshine hotel is right on the river for $20 a night, rooms are clean but i would give it a one star hotel.

i have gotten away with some crazy things in that place, but i can't mention details on this forum.

however, 2 months ago my friend drove his rental motobike with a young girl right across the lobby and into the elevator, and up to his room. this was at night and the front desk clerk just laughed and waved. it's not a hotel for everyone but believe me, at the sunshine they just want you to have fun and enjoy yourself.

as for farm animals, that wouldn't be a problem either, but after 6pm.