Russian Tour Agent In Phuket Faces Deportation

webfact

Russian tour agent in Phuket faces deportation
Phuket Gazette

rw.jpg
Oleg Tikhomirova (right), from Russia, faces deportation from Thailand after being arrested in Patong for selling tours without a work permit. Photo: Kritsada Mueanhawong

PHUKET: -- Phuket Immigration officers arrested a Russian tour saleswoman in Patong yesterday for working illegally and for illegally entering the country.

“We inspected the Kathu area for illegal foreign workers,” explained Phuket Immigration Investigator Chidchanok Sakornyen.

“As we reached the tour counter of the Leon Speedy Travel company on Thaweewong Road [map here], we found Oleg Tikhomirova, 34, discussing tour packages with foreign customers,” he said.

“To confirm that she was working there, our officer pretended to ask her about a tour package. When it was clear that she was a saleswoman, the officer told her who he was and asked to see her passport. She did not have it with her, and said that a friend had it. She also could not produce her work permit,” he added.

“She told us she has been selling tours for a year. We arrested her and handed her over to Kathu Police to prosecute,” he explained.

The penalty for working without a work permit is 2,000 to 100,000 baht, or up to five years in prison, or both.

The penalty for illegally entering the country is a fine of up to 20,000 baht and deportation, Officer Chidchanok said.

Source: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket_news/2013/Russian-tour-agent-in-Phuket-faces-deportation-20571.html

pglogo.jpg
-- Phuket Gazette 2013-03-21

Everything to please the real Phuket mafia. Instead of arresting people conning tourists out of millions and tuktuk and taxidrivers preventing passengers from Cruise ships to enter Phuket. Why do they resort to arresting people that actually make money for Thailand? The replacement of miss Oleg can only be found in Laos I suppose after all there are very little Thai people that can speak Russian or are they going to sell the Russians rubbish in broken English?

• Like 1

Everything to please the real Phuket mafia. Instead of arresting people conning tourists out of millions and tuktuk and taxidrivers preventing passengers from Cruise ships to enter Phuket. Why do they resort to arresting people that actually make money for Thailand? The replacement of miss Oleg can only be found in Laos I suppose after all there are very little Thai people that can speak Russian or are they going to sell the Russians rubbish in broken English?

Because in Thailand, the preference goes to thai nationals for becoming predators of tourists...

• Like 2

"are they going to sell the Russians rubbish in broken English?" - no, the Russians simply will not buy. That's what the Thai's don't understand.

Deport a Russian for selling something, and in theory, you are effecting the profits and employment of Thai's in another areas. Eg. no Russian tour agents on Phuket - no Russians buying tours off Thai tour agents, mainly due to the language barrier.

Nothing liek a spot of targeted xenophobia! Who's tea money did they forget?

First off why did the Russian lady speak in Englishgiggle.gif , next time just give information in Russian to Russians.thumbsup.gif .if some one wants information in english get a Thai to Translate to Thai..ops a Thai needed information in English cheesy.gif ..ok maybe this is a set up!clap2.gif

Russians need to know who is who when selling there services.thumbsup.gif

Question: What type of work permit is need for the Russian girls working in the Russian Bars here in Pattaya?whistling.gif

• Like 1

Got to admit i have lived in (Patts) for the past 8 crimbo"s. I have been to (Patts2) once after the tsunami. Reading in on the place it looks like we live in Beverley Hills. We have some characters but not out and out, in your face Mafia whilst getting off boats "and things". Maybe the odd Jet Ski, but that’s part of the parcel everywhere. We have the occasional Jeffery Darmer and the odd Ted Bundy but all in all the golf is excellent and affordably cheap.

Now if they would only stop the Brit timeshare touts from harrassing tourists in Patong.

Are they not thai people doing the harrassing?

No, Brits. The last time I was in Phuket I met some friends on Bangla Rd for a drink. Upon leaving and walking toward Jungcelon, a Brit stepped in front of me blocking my path as he stuck a time share brochure in my face. I told him that if he stepped in front of me again he would be picking himself up off the ground. You would have thought I had insulted the Queen the way he went off on me. Well, he blocked my path again as I tried to step around him, so he got the shoulder, and then he picked himself up off the ground as I walked away. What part of NO do these people not understand?

Now if they would only stop the Brit timeshare touts from harrassing tourists in Patong.

And the Indian suit tailors. smile.png

Well you got a point there. Indian suit tailors by definition must be other than thai nationals...hummm

dont know about the phuket crowd, but plenty of indo-thai nationals in BKK. they own the half of lower sukhumvit the crown doesn't