3Bb Internet In Chiang Rai

sunholidaysun1

Does anyone else have 3BB as their ISP ? I have had them for about 6 months and for me their service is diabolical .

The service for me has been up and down , but only for seconds at a time or for a few minutes but enough to screw up

what ever you are doing . On contacting 3BB , they say there is no problem BUT an engineer was sent ? He walked about , looked at the Modem , looked at my computer , didnt touch anything and ignored what I was trying to explain ( I am a Thick Farang and know nothing sort of look he gave me )

, he shrugged his shoulders and walked off .

The 20th time I complained,a another engineer was sent , he

didnt show up at all BUT the service picked up , no internet problems , fast connection and then back to square one again.

Yesterday and today I have had heated arguements with HQ BKK tryng to resloved the problem .

They, 3BB said " you are using the internet ? I said of course , that is why I am phoning you and complaining , Ah she said , you use the world wide web (hahahahaha)

I said yes I do , its called the internet . She then said , the internet package I have is only for looking at websites in Thailand and because I am looking and surfing the

web , I need to upgrade to their international package , so that I can surf the web, world wide .HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAbiggrin.png , i thought that was so funny I had to laugh alot

ove rthe phone with her to the point she hung up , hahahahahaha.biggrin.png

I cannot type my replies to her but I am sure she was red in the face , as I was.

Basically what I think it means as with most providers here , is that they over subscribe the service that they sell and the band width is not enough to cope with all the traffic.

At peak times the service can grind to a halt but for whatever reason as I said , the connection has been excellent since that phone call today .

I should have asked her if Thailand had any websites I could look at , ahahahahahahabiggrin.png

To conclude , from about 20 minutes from the last phone call , my service was brilliant , very fast , no glitches and has been running

so far up to now without any interuption at all .

I am sure it will be business as normal again tomorrow .

TOT has the same problem in Chiang Rai. At all times of the night and day the signal goes up and down and out. I do know that everything here from TOT is transmitted to Chiang Mai and from there in bulk to Bangkok for overseas work. Try to find out how the 3B signal gets to Bangkok. The bandwidth that TOT has here is very little and they are totally over sold and can't deliver. Streaming live video (not pre-recorded Facebook) the signal varies between 8 and 300 kbs not MB. I have seen it up to 1000 kb but not long. It really sucks and does no good for them to come to your house unless you have a hardware problem. I am 7 km out of the center of the city and 3B says they have no service where I am. I speak Thai fluently and this has nothing to do with the service getting better. They know that their capacity is not good enough. The government may have spent all of their money paying double for rice and don't have the money to fix these problems. I was told that they were going to get a new international gateway allocation last Dec. but it did not happen

This is Thailand. The people speak Thai, not English. You live in France, they speak French, not English. Good luck ...

How very observant you are !! I dont live in France either !! English is also the language of the world by the way .

As I WAS speaking Thai it didnt make any diference . When I called 3BB HQ BKK , the lady I spoke with spoke very good English ,it was her choice

to speak that language from England , because in England they speak English but I did'nt expect her to talk to me in English because she is Thai and in Thailand ?

Very strange world we live in !!

While I am on the subject of 3BB, since hat call yesterday my internet connection has been excellent , I did not think it would last but

all day yesterday right up until I went to bed , not a single problem . Today so far same no problem at all ? Fingers crossed it lasts.

• 2 weeks later...

This is Thailand. The people speak Thai, not English. You live in France, they speak French, not English. Good luck ...

Luck !?!!...has got nothing to do with languages, I speak 8 languages... I'm SMART ! Not luck. whistling.gif

Edited by RedBullHorn