Duangtawan 1400 Baht Vs Suriwongse 1100 Baht Help!

Chiangmai Foxy

This is the one to hit on...NOT Chiang mai on line....rooms from 1200 a night........

http://www.chiangmai.thaihoteldiscount.com/book/dgtawan.html

this is the one iv been using(sorry if i said chiangmai-online)

agent now saying full pre payment has been wanted all year for the duangtwan,i will try another hotel through this site and maybe i will get 1 night deposit only.cheers

getting tricky now! tryed suriwongse but full booked,as i had problems with booking duangtawan.

might try empress-how far from this location is it,is it a good hotel

might try chiang mai plaza-how far from this location is it,is it a good hotel

thanks everyone hope i can sort hotel out soon,and appreciate your help as running out of time

Edited by Chiangmai Foxy

If you want something just around the corner from Duangtawan, try Royal Princess - situated on Chang Khlan Rd. and about as far away from the central Night Bazaar intersection as Duangtawan.

yes i looked at this thanks,but a bit pricey at nearly 2000 baht a night.if i cant find anything else soon,i will just have to pre pay the full amount for the duangtawan.im hear it is very a good hotel even if the lifts are painfully sloooow.would consider empress or chiang mai plaza if anyone reccomends them,although the location of duangtawan is ideal.

A litte warning regarding the DuangTawan! Right now almost opposite they are working on a huge new building day and night. I was told 350 people work during the night. Friends of mine fled the DuangTawan recently due to the noise this construction site produces. They had it all prepaid but still decided inspite of the fact that no refund was given to move elsewhere and get a good nigth sleep finally! It looks to me that this construction work will continue for several more months from now.

i managed to get in at the suriwongse again.got away with only paying deposit again.

forgot about the hotel being built opposite! s*it,was a bit of a pain last christmas

well i will see how it goes,thanks for all your help on this topic,particulary rinrada and meadish sweetball,much appreciated.

Good to hear CF.

Just to let you know that we bokked into Viang Bua for a change and must say it a very nice place.

Big rooms, good TV/a/c/..layout etc ...and card security..etc.

The only downside is that it a bit of a :D walk to the Red Lion...MPR...

Now getting a bit of exercise and enjoying the sunshine of Chiangers....found the QV P/-UN Irish and another one already so now am heading down to tappi gate.....where to next....but its a Luv-lay Day. :o ...hot hot hot