New Golf Courses For Samui?

mike1963

Hi all I was told by somebody living on Samui that there are plans to build additional golf courses on Samui - Is this so and if so does anyone know of the locations or is he just thinking wishfully - and what about the timescale expected to be ready???

Thanks Mike

• 2 weeks later...
Hi all I was told by somebody living on Samui that there are plans to build additional golf courses on Samui - Is this so and if so does anyone know of the locations or is he just thinking wishfully - and what about the timescale expected to be ready???

Thanks Mike

There was (is ?) one planned between Chaweng and Lamai in the mountains, however, as far as I know, no activities there yet......

There was (is ?) one planned between Chaweng and Lamai in the mountains, however, as far as I know, no activities there yet......

Very interesting, does anyone else have any info about this or can confirm more details?

• 5 months later...

Very interesting, does anyone else have any info about this or can confirm more details?

They are building 9 hole course between chaweng and lamai, approx 3050 yards views are more breathtaking than santiburi.The course is going to be very tricky but its 100% going ahead the boys at www.samuigolf.com know more about it

They are building 9 hole course between chaweng and lamai, approx 3050 yards views are more breathtaking than santiburi.The course is going to be very tricky but its 100% going ahead the boys at www.samuigolf.com know more about it

Hi Gregory or others with info

I've had a look at the web site but it doesn't tell me where it is going to be located. Could you be a little more specific about where is is being built or has it not started yet ?? :o

Thanks

Disco

Hi Gregory or others with info

I've had a look at the web site but it doesn't tell me where it is going to be located. Could you be a little more specific about where is is being built or has it not started yet ?? :o

Thanks

Disco

1ST ENTRANCE COMING FROM CHAWENG, PAST IMPIANA HOTEL, KEEP GOING UP THE MOUNTAIN GOVERMENT ROAD, AS YOU DESCEND YOU WILL SEE CORAL COVE ON YOU LEFT 250 YARDS ON YOUR RIGHT YOU WILL SEE THE ENTRANCE FOR SANDALWOOD VILLAS CLIMB THE HILL ITS STEEP, TAKE A RIGHT HALF WAY UP FOLLOW IT FOR 300 YDS TURN LEFT ITS A TEE JUNCTION, UP ROUND THERE.tHERE WILL BE ANOTHER ENTRANCE FROM LAMAI AREA BUT IM NOT SURE WHERE.iTS JUST WHAT THE ISLAND NEEDED SANTIBURI TO EXPENSIVE.VARIOUS MEMBERSHIP DEALS AVAILABLE FROM FULL MEMBERSHIP TO 2 MONTHS ETC. iVE BEEN UP THERE THE DIGGERS ARE THERE SHAPING THE FAIRWAYS.i KNOW BEFORE THE END OF THE YEAR SAMUIGOLF.COM WILL BE GIVING A MONTH BY MONTH PROGRESS REPORT . THE CLIMB TO THE COURSE IS VERY STEEP BUT THE COURSE IS SET ON A PLATEAU GIVING SOME BREATHTAKING VIEWS.